Spinnaker on the Pearl - are they getting rid of it?

jsmjovi

I heard some passengers on the Pearl last week talking about how the spinnaker lounge won't be on the Pearl after the next dry dock. They said they are making it into cabins. Is that true? We LOVE it in there so I'd be sad if it's gone.

I hope so. That would make the Pearl even better. Love the Star and Dawn with the new cabin configuration.

It seems to me that the only people who would love the new cabin configuration are the people who get to sail in the new cabins. Oh well, screw the rest of the folks, they're just steerage passengers anyway. :mad:

I heard some passengers on the Pearl last week talking about how the spinnaker lounge won't be on the Pearl after the next dry dock. They said they are making it into cabins. Is that true? We LOVE it in there so I'd be sad if it's gone.

It has been rumoured here earlier too, but I too doubt it. Main reason they moved Spinnaker Lounge on Dawn class ships was the lack of Haven and the lower number of suites caused by that compared to for example Jewel class ships. Since Jewel class ships already have Haven, there is no such pressing need to disgrace Spinnaker.

Edited by Demonyte

It seems to me that the only people who would love the new cabin configuration are the people who get to sail in the new cabins. Oh well, screw the rest of the folks, they're just steerage passengers anyway. :mad:

Huh? Everyone has the opportunity to book one of the new cabins. Not sure who you think is getting screwed.

Huh? Everyone has the opportunity to book one of the new cabins. Not sure who you think is getting screwed.

Maybe I'm just being testy. I know we can all book a cabin, but cabins can only be enjoyed by those people that are occupying them. I just thought that the Spinnaker lounge on the Jewel was one of the nicest venues on the ship. I'd hate to see it taken away from the Pearl, because I'm sure NCL would follow by removing it from all the Jewel class vessels. It might be more profitable, but I'm sad to say it would also make each of those ships a little uglier too. :(. It's very sad.

I certainly hope not and if they do I hope they locate a better place than where they put it on the Star and Dawn. I don't like to go to any event on the Star or Dawn in the Spinnaker now. It has a cave type feel and very very crowded with the layout.

I love the Spinnaker Lounge too and hope they keep it on jewel class ships.

The WHP in the aft venue on the Star (I think it was called spinnaker lounge but was where Bliss is on jewel class) was just not the same as the forward Spinnaker lounge!

"Steerage Passengers" You don't seem like a nice person. Least ways not in my book.

I personaly would rather have the Spinnaker in it's present location on the Pearl and Jewel. Did not like the locations on the Dawn.

Edited by debnjoe1438

"Steerage Passengers" You're not a nice person. Least ways not in my book.

I personaly would rather have the Spinnaker in it's present location on the Pearl and Jewel. Did not like the locations on the Dawn.

I'm sorry if you misunderstand my comment Debnjoe1438, that reference to the "folks" being steerage passengers was strictly sarcasm on my part, as I think that NCL would be taking away a section of the ship that ALL passengers could enjoy for the benefit a few elites in the Suite areas and mostly to further line their pockets. I am all for our capitalist system, don't get me wrong, but there are times when the chase for the $ can go overboard, if you'll pardon the expression. Finally, let me add that two of my grandparents arrived in the USA in the early 1900's at Ellis Island as "steerage passengers". They, and people like them, including the Pilgrims who arrived in the steerage of the Mayflower, are who made this country great. I have only the highest esteem for them. :)

I'm sorry if you misunderstand my comment Debnjoe1438, that reference to the "folks" being steerage passengers was strictly sarcasm on my part, as I think that NCL would be taking away a section of the ship that ALL passengers could enjoy for the benefit a few elites in the Suite areas and mostly to further line their pockets. I am all for our capitalist system, don't get me wrong, but there are times when the chase for the $ can go overboard, if you'll pardon the expression. Finally, let me add that two of my grandparents arrived in the USA in the early 1900's at Ellis Island as "steerage passengers". They, and people like them, including the Pilgrims who arrived in the steerage of the Mayflower, are who made this country great. I have only the highest esteem for them. :)

No problem, just sound more "snobish" than sarcastic. Have a good weekend, & Merry Christmas. :D

Very sad if spinnaker went to be made into cabins. One of the things I love about the Jewel class ships is the Spinnaker. Yes I could book a cabin there, but I don't go on a cruise to hang out in my cabin. I love going to Spinnaker for the views and the entertainment!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Very sad if spinnaker went to be made into cabins. One of the things I love about the Jewel class ships is the Spinnaker. Yes I could book a cabin there, but I don't go on a cruise to hang out in my cabin. I love going to Spinnaker for the views and the entertainment!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Totally agree. when we were on the Breakaway we missed the spinnaker very very much, as it is one of our favorite areas on Gem/Jewel ships. So many nights we would be in there for dancing or an event.

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app