Esperance..........

Well, thank you for your reassurance to your 'International Visitors' re bugs etc etc - so very much appreciated for those of us from England!!!!!!!!!!

No problems, I wouldn't worry, the smell normally kills anything that goes near the toilets.:p

Just don't tell our international visitors about the bugs, mossies, flies and spiders.:p

Another reason I don't like you, Mic :), the flies are horrible at the Cape, saying that, the rental of the Avis car, the drive to Cape Le Grande was well worth it, it's a must do. After we picked up the car, (easy walk from the tender port ), we went into town & stoped at a cafe for a take away lunch. Great food & people, even let us use your cooler bag.

Another reason I don't like you, Mic :), the flies are horrible at the Cape, saying that, the rental of the Avis car, the drive to Cape Le Grande was well worth it, it's a must do. After we picked up the car, (easy walk from the tender port ), we went into town & stoped at a cafe for a take away lunch. Great food & people, even let us use your cooler bag.

Yes, the list is growing ever longer Ron.:eek: Glad you had a good time there.

The flies can be really annoying, I recommend some Aerogard, Deet or other type of fly repellent. :D

We've been to Cape Le Grande NP twice and didn't notice any flies, but I could talk about flies in the Kimberley and in the Snowy Mts area in summer. :D

They can get really annoying when they just will not fly away from your face even when you are swatting them.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful pics!.

I'm also there on Mar 1 and was also looking at a car and driving to Lucky Beach.

Just wondering how the signage is to get there, don't want to miss a turn and drive too far. Would you have a route map of the "loop" you took?

Also any gas stations near the avis location where I can fill up before returning the car? Couldn't find one on google maps.

thanks

I hired a car for the day. Avis was just across the park - about a 7 minute walk.

The car was excellent. Cost about $70.

We drove out to Cape Le Grand National Park (entry fee was $10 for the car) then did 'the loop' on the other side of town out to Pink Lake.

Was an excellent day. Relaxed, cheap and stress free.

The white sand beaches at the Cape are amazing.

Raina

Hi Colin,

We must be on the same cruise. Esperance is a tender, as the Radiance is too large for the dock.

We have hired a car - Avis is the only hire available.

We plan on doing the loop road - Twighlight Bay, the wind farm and Pink Lake and also the drive out to Lucky Bay...this will fill our day beautifully. I have been told that the scenery is spectacular

Hi Colin,

We must be on the same cruise. Esperance is a tender, as the Radiance is too large for the dock.

We have hired a car - Avis is the only hire available.

We plan on doing the loop road - Twighlight Bay, the wind farm and Pink Lake and also the drive out to Lucky Bay...this will fill our day beautifully. I have been told that the scenery is spectacular

We'll follow you!! I too have hired a car with Avis for the day. There will be four of us and I decided at Christmas that this would be the most cost effective way of seeing the National Park. Our Canadian friends have said I can drive as 'it will be on the right side of the road'!!! Cheeky or what?

Esperance and surroundings is exquisite. For the best coffee in town visit the Coffee Cat on the foreshore. There will be many March Flies which bite, so take insect repellent. If you see the cutest 5 month old baby girl it will be my granddaughter. Hehehe

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk