Cancelled Flight

bfox13

I haven't read this whole thread...did the OP ever come back and tell us what happened?

The gist of it was their flight was cancelled due to a major storm that shut down DFW which then sent a domino effect down the line ... they called O to get new flights but not sure if they got a reply

Best bet is to work with the airline ..they have more control over who gets the available seats (if any) when the airports are shut down & planes grounded due to weather that is not a lot anyone can due until Mother Nature decides to stop the snow/rain/ice etc...

They eventually made it to Rio

Moral of the story if you live in snow country fly in a day or more early even if you do not live in snow county it is a good plan ;)

sitting here freezing... only -20C

Edited by LHT28

The current one-way price for coach Honolulu-Tahiti is $684.50 and business class is $1,597.50.

That is for one flight a week on a crummy plane with service to match and a lousy on time record... and you have to get to Honolulu ... from an outter island that about 120-220 pp one way again on a crummy airline.

For the reliability and comfort I will take United to LA ( the Hawaiian first class seat is what United calls coach.) and Tahiti Nui to Tahiti.

The gist of it was their flight was cancelled due to a major storm that shut down DFW which then sent a domino effect down the line ... they called O to get new flights but not sure if they got a reply

Best bet is to work with the airline ..they have more control over who gets the available seats (if any) when the airports are shut down & planes grounded due to weather that is not a lot anyone can due until Mother Nature decides to stop the snow/rain/ice etc...

They eventually made it to Rio

Moral of the story if you live in snow country fly in a day or more early even if you do not live in snow county it is a good plan ;)

sitting here freezing... only -20C

Agree deviate 1+ days more ahead of your cruise date. ALSO since you are deviating -- pick an airline you have some elite status on. This way they will be more proactive in getting you there.

That is for one flight a week on a crummy plane with service to match and a lousy on time record... and you have to get to Honolulu ... from an outter island that about 120-220 pp one way again on a crummy airline.

For the reliability and comfort I will take United to LA ( the Hawaiian first class seat is what United calls coach.) and Tahiti Nui to Tahiti.

Hawaiian's "crummy plane" is a new Airbus A330. Don't know that Air Tahiti Nui will satisfy you since they will be flying you on a similar "crummy plane", the Airbus A340, which is almost identical to Hawaiian's plane inside.

Hawaiian's "crummy plane" is a new Airbus A330. Don't know that Air Tahiti Nui will satisfy you since they will be flying you on a similar "crummy plane", the Airbus A340, which is almost identical to Hawaiian's plane inside.

Consider that the Hawaiian smaller A330 packs in 12 more people than the Tahiti Nui much larger A340.

Then seats

HAWAIIAN IS 18.5 INCHES WIDE IN fIRST and 18 in coach. Seat pitch in First on Hawaiian is 45" ( 14" more than coach) they recline 3 inches. They are not even up to 1980 business class seat standards.

Tahiti Nui Business is 20.5 inch wide and 60" pitch they are full lie flat sleeper beds.

Coach on Hawaiian is 18 inch wide and 31 inch pitch... the tightest in the industry Coach on Tahiti Nui is 18 inch wide and 33 inch pitch

That's just the plane Hawaiian packs them in 12 more seats on a plane 100 seats smaller than Tahiti NUI.

Both provide food Tahiti nui provides food and beer and wine

And then the crews the service the quality.... Grey hound bus on Hawaiian with surly agents and zero customer service Tahiti Nui.... polite and service oriented and pleasant agents.

As I said you go fly Hawaiian... me I expect better.

My wife and I just recieved our AIR schedule for the March 11th Oceania cruise. Our last ship stop has us arriving at 7:00 AM at Papeete. We have business class tickets on Air Tahiti Nui for 9:00 AM, only two hours later than the ship's arrival. That seems too early.

Has anyone has experience with early airline departures on the last day of the cruise?

Do I have to pay an air deviation fee to correct what will certainly be an unrealistic air schedule?

My wife and I just recieved our AIR schedule for the March 11th Oceania cruise. Our last ship stop has us arriving at 7:00 AM at Papeete. We have business class tickets on Air Tahiti Nui for 9:00 AM, only two hours later than the ship's arrival. That seems too early.

Has anyone has experience with early airline departures on the last day of the cruise?

Do I have to pay an air deviation fee to correct what will certainly be an unrealistic air schedule?

Is this a scheduled flight or a Charter for Oceania?

If scheduled....

Last time I checked Air Tahiti Nui requires a 3 hour check in and their counter closes 1 hour before flight time This is the drill in LAX and as I recall in Tahiti

My suggestion is to get off in Moorea your last stop, and take the ferry over to Tahiti, spend the night at the airport motel... not great but right across the street.

You can fly but may have to pay for over-weight bags . Whereas If you took the ferry... no problem

Marina will let you debark in Moorea... That saves you almost $400 in dev. fees.

Where Marina docks in Papeetee its a 10 min cab ride to the airport... but if they shut checkin 3 hours out... not good

I would contact Oceania & ask if it is doable

Is it a charter flight?

What are the others on your cruise have for flights?

This is a Charter at least I think it is. The ship does not go to Moorea.

I am on this same cruise and have the same flight, so I was wondering the same thing. The last port will be Boro Boro before Papeete. I am hoping since it is a charter we might be able to get off sooner.

This is a Charter at least I think it is. The ship does not go to Moorea.

I am on this same cruise and have the same flight, so I was wondering the same thing. The last port will be Boro Boro before Papeete. I am hoping since it is a charter we might be able to get off sooner.

Since there will be a lot of you on the plane...the ship will have all the bags organized for the transfer the night before and probably round everybody well before docking and expedite you to the airport 10 min drive

Customs should be a snap as there are no international flights in at that time, you will be the only one... and they have room in their schedule a bit.

You should be getting in LAX around 9pm as the flying time back to LAX is almost an hour shorter then flying from it.