Dress at night

hornscruiser

I always travel with at least a Blue Blazer, dress shirt and Tie. Often with another light sport coat too. If it is a long cruise, I will usually schelp along a Tux. I would never go into Prime 7 or Signatures without a least a sport coat. Once in a while we get invited to an officers hosted table and I will always wear a tie/jacket.

j

31/425

Yes - but it is not required. There are certain nights when a sports jacket simply seems right. For instance, the night of the Captain's Reception when you have the opportunity to shake hands with the Captain and the menu in Compass Rose is especially good. My DH also feels more comfortable in Prime 7 and Signatures wearing a sports jacket.

Regent has an Elegant Casual dress code which some passengers think is the opportunity to wear polo shirts, etc. It is up to the individual and how comfortable they feel. A long sleeved shirt and slacks always looks good. If the passengers wants to add a sports jacket, it is up to them.

Hope this helps:)

For my upcoming holiday cruise I will be taking at least 2 dark suits/jackets just to be safe. I would not call them sport jackets, more of the Zegna type. I believe we have one "formal optional" night. We plan to pack/dress a little above the minimum dress code requirements.

Does anyone where a tie with a sport coat at night on Regent?

Yes I too wear a blazer with shirt & tie when in Prime 7 or Signatures and often in CR - as do many others but by no means all or even the majority IMO.

Agree with the above. My DH always has at least one jacket and one shirt/tie to wear on Captains night and Seven Seas night. You might keep in mind as well, some of the lounges and bars can be chilly at night, which is another reason to consider taking a jacket along. TC2's suggestion of long sleeve shirts is a good one, and those can easily be combined with a sports jacket and/or tie or worn alone with nice slacks. If your cruise has a "formal optional" night, many men will dress up more on those.

Hi! First, I confess that I am a dress code zealot – I’m very comfortable with Regent’s “elegant casual”. I think that I am in the middle of the pack as to men dressing for dinner. I bring: two light weight sports coats (and a blazer for colder or longer cruises), 2 ties to go with colored shirts, and about 10 nice long sleeve shirts. I only wear a tie for the Captain’s dinner and maybe the specialty restaurants. I never wear a coat in Setti Mari but always in the two specialty restaurants. Otherwise, it’s long sleeve shirts for me for dinner.

I'm enjoying these comments about the coats/blazers, and sometimes a tie from the men here, that they bring along. From my many cruises, on Regent, I like when the men keep it up, as I feel most of the ladies keep a bit more dressy than is required. I know a lot of the men love no jackets, this is a personal opinion only. Do as you wish. Especially on a short cruise, say to a place like Alaska or other 7 day cruises.

Edited by jhp