Carnival Paradise

bashfull1

Hi we are going on the Paradise in feb I don't see a lot on this ship is it good or bad.We are taking our girls on their first cruise hopefully our next when we be one with all the bells and whistles but DH thought this ship will be better we are right by the elevators will it be loud with everyonegetting on and off.:cool:

Paradise is one of the Fantasy class ships in the CCL fleet. While they are the smallest and oldest of the CCL fleet, they still have plenty of fans in the cruise market, even though they don't have all the glitz and glitter of the newer and larger ships.

Our last cruise was on the Paradise in Sept 2013 and we had just as good of a time as any other cruise. The ship is in nice shape and the staff did a great job. I would have no hestitation booking cruises on her again.

Enjoy your first cruise!

Hi we are going on the Paradise in feb I don't see a lot on this ship is it good or bad.We are taking our girls on their first cruise hopefully our next when we be one with all the bells and whistles but DH thought this ship will be better we are right by the elevators will it be loud with everyonegetting on and off.:cool:

We were on her in Oct. We had sailed her twice before and can see the wear and tear, but that did not ruin another awesome trip. Make your cruise what you want. Remember it is only transportation from a to b.

we love the short 3-4 days, but we need those 7 days to really get away from reality.

Have fun and enjoy your trip

The Paradise is decidedly not a 'bells and whistles' ship. She doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades that you'll read about often on the boards and is an old Fantasy class ship.

That being said, I personally love the Fantasy class and had a super time on her twice last year. Hope you and your family have a great cruise!!

The Paradise is decidedly not a 'bells and whistles' ship. She doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades that you'll read about often on the boards and is an old Fantasy class ship.

That being said, I personally love the Fantasy class and had a super time on her twice last year. Hope you and your family have a great cruise!!

Couldn't agree more! Cruised the Imagination once, and the Inspiration six times out of Tampa, will be checking out the Paradise for the first time in late Jan 2014.

I do love the architecture of this ship class....some of my favorite spots are:

1) The outside areas on Lido Deck 10 at the stern...just outside the buffet area. Great place to have morning coffee and watch the sunrise.

2) Lido Deck 10 outside Starboard & Port forward of the atruim. Great place to sit with a book and watch the ocean.

3) Verandah Deck 11 at the bow...actually its a deck with a railing just above the Bridge, and offers great views especially when coming into or leaving the ports.

4) Serenity Area on Promenade Deck 9 at the stern of the ship. A nice, adults only area with great views of the ship's wake

5) The Lobby Bar; & the Bar on Lido Deck 9 Buffet Area aft...

In answer to the original poster's question...some things are difficult to answer, but I've stayed in different locations all over this class ship and was never bothered by noise in the passageway, even when near elevators.

I would say you're going to love the Paradise...:D:D

Just got off the 5 day Paradise cruise 11/30 to 12/05. Cozumel and Grand Cayman. In a group of 31 spread out between Upper and Empress deck. Majority of cabins around front elevators on Upper deck. No one mentioned any noise. Everyone was happy except for 2 people whose cabin roof leaked from cabin above. However, CCL moved them to another cabin and gave them a small obc for their troubles.

I had a cabin just off the atrium on Empress and loved the location. I heard a little base music noise from deck above every once in a while but nothing to keep me awake.

I was really impressed with the excellent service in cabin and My Time Dining. Had an excellent wait staff. Food was good to almost excellent in some dishes.

Surprised that a 5 day cruise could be so enjoyable.

I was on the Paradise in September. Although she is an older ship, she is in great shape and is well maintained. Paradise is a Fantasy class ship, which means she is the smallest class of ship in the Carnival fleet; but good things often come in small packages. Even though Paradise doesn't have all the bells and whistles of her larger siblings, there is plenty to do on board. As for as food and service go; on both accounts Paradise provided the BEST by a wide margin. Out of four Carnival cruises the food and service on Paradise blew her siblings out of the water. I would not hesitate to book her again.

We were on the Paradise last August for the second time...we love her...had an aft room on Main deck,M-200 which was 2 doors from the elevator. We LOVED the location...handy to Lido and Serentity ...never heard any noise from the elevator..we are booking the same room next August..crew very friendly and ship immaculate..Enjoy your cruise!