Cruise was automatically cancelled by the system -- Anyone experience this before?

cruisingronnie

Hi Cruisingronnie,

Thanks for the update. I was confident that Celebrity would make things right, and I'm pleased to see that's the case.

Now for the really good news... You can stop worrying, and look forward to your cruise ! Wishing you a wonderful time onboard Reflection !

So happy for you that it all turned out correct for you.

I do think it would have been nice if Celebrity would have compensated you something (like onboard credit or a specialty dining experience or something) for all that stress and anxiety that the "system error" put you through.

Seems like the least they could have done for you. Would have been a nice little perk and would have shown that they really do care about their clients.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Nice post poolwife, and I totally agree.

I do have to note that the rep I spoke with today at corporate guest relations was professional and took ownership and responsibility in rectifying the situation.

Hopefully, this will not happen to any of you reading this. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

Good to know!! Thanks for coming back to us with an update. Enjoy your cruise!!! BTW, I also agree with "post poolwife" ;);)

Our cruise was canceled the same day I booked and paid in full direct with celebrity. We didn't get an email found out because they followed up to book me one. They had no idea why this happened. I asked for and received a free speciality dinner as an apology (our room was still available luckily)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Reading about this cancellations, I am concerned that it could happen at all. We have booked and fully paid two cruises with Celebrity. When we log in we see under Status that our cruises are booked. No where can we see anything in relation to having paid it full.

Can somebody help us to understand where in our accounts shall be this information?

Thanks a lot.

Reading about this cancellations, I am concerned that it could happen at all. We have booked and fully paid two cruises with Celebrity. When we log in we see under Status that our cruises are booked. No where can we see anything in relation to having paid it full.

Can somebody help us to understand where in our accounts shall be this information?

Thanks a lot.

What's even more concerning (for me at least) is that we have 2 cruises booked.

One is this February and is totally paid and one is next February (2015) and just a deposit.

Both show the same "booked" designation. :(

I'm counting on my wonderful TA to make this right if, heaven forbid, I need it.

Our cruise was canceled the same day I booked and paid in full direct with celebrity. We didn't get an email found out because they followed up to book me one. They had no idea why this happened. I asked for and received a free speciality dinner as an apology (our room was still available luckily)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wondered because, i read something similar when booking extras (excursions). I am finding Celebrity is trying their best to do right by the customer...enjoy the speciality restaurant!!!

Thanks a lot.

Interesting...ours also says booked...under payment N/A....we paid in full. Wondering if I need to follow up?????????

I do think it would have been nice if Celebrity would have compensated you something (like onboard credit or a specialty dining experience or something) for all that stress and anxiety that the "system error" put you through.

Seems like the least they could have done for you. Would have been a nice little perk and would have shown that they really do care about their clients.

I agree 100%. Glad that it all worked out for you in the end and Celebrity made it right but I don't think I would have slept that night waiting to phone Celebrity in the morning. I can only imagine how stressed you must have been, especially so close to the cruise! Good thing you caught it in time.

Have a fantastic cruise :)

Thanks a lot.

What's even more concerning (for me at least) is that we have 2 cruises booked.

One is this February and is totally paid and one is next February (2015) and just a deposit.

Both show the same "booked" designation. :(

I'm counting on my wonderful TA to make this right if, heaven forbid, I need it.

My experience has always been that if you are booked through a TA, rather then direct with celebrity, it never shows any payment information or status at all on Celebrity's web site. Only payment information it shows is for items booked direct through Celebrity. It would be normal to never see anything more than "booked" on a reservation made through a TA.

The only place I've ever seen an indication of an amount paid, or that we were paid in full, on a cruise booked through a TA was on a confirmation form or email received from our TA and this was not something generated by Celebrity.

Edited by Lsimon

Just the other day we paid, through our TA, in full for our Feb cruise on the Reflection. The "Booking Confirmation--Guest Copy" I received from her was on Celebrity letterhead with all the details of the cruise. Under Booking Charges, mid-way down the page, it shows Total Charge, AMOUNT PAID, BALANCE DUE: 0.00

Under that it says, "Deposit has been posted to your reservation. Final payment has been posted to your reservation."

That should be your proof that you have, indeed, paid in full.

I always print a hard copy of any document that I may need to prove payment and other details and keep a folder for each cruise. I take the folder with me when I go so I have it at my fingertips should there be a problem.

So glad it was resolved and you will soon be on your cruise. I agree that Celebrity needs to step up and gift you with a specialty restaurant dinner, at the very least, for the stress they caused you.

So happy to hear everything was straightened out!!

I too have fears of this happening.....I always print out all of our confirmations and payments and all credit card receipts with cruise payments. Each cruise has a separate file. If I get to the ship and they tell me my reservation was cancelled...THEY BETTER FIND ME A GREAT CABIN ...LOL

This is scary. I ALWAYS call to make payments, and I never hang up until I have received an updated booking summary showing the status and the payment. Your story still scares me, though. I'm a worrier, and this is one more worry to add to my list!:o

I'm so glad it all worked out, and I hope you have a fabulous cruise with no more bumps in the road!:)

My experience has always been that if you are booked through a TA, rather then direct with celebrity, it never shows any payment information or status at all on Celebrity's web site. Only payment information it shows is for items booked direct through Celebrity. It would be normal to never see anything more than "booked" on a reservation made through a TA.

The only place I've ever seen an indication of an amount paid, or that we were paid in full, on a cruise booked through a TA was on a confirmation form or email received from our TA and this was not something generated by Celebrity.

I always request an updated "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" from Celebrity after I make final payment, whether I book directly with Celebrity or with a TA.

Sometimes my post-final-payment booking confirmations will show "Balance Due 0.00" and the full amount that I have paid, and sometimes they do not show this. There is no consistency as to what the Celebrity booking confirmation shows, whether I book with Celebrity or with a TA.

The only consistency that I have noticed so far is that if I am booked into a Group, the booking confirmation that I receive does NOT show the full amount paid, nor the "Balance Due 0.00" line.

Apparently when booking through a TA, the TA's copy always shows the full amount paid. It would make me happier if every Booking Confirmation showed the total amount paid to date.

"System error" is just a lame way of Celebrity trying to deflect blame (it is their "system" after all).

Given that Celebrity was entirely at fault here, I am a little shocked that an upgraded cabin or suite was not offered.

Seems that Celebrity needs to embrace the idea of a "delighting their customers" instead of "delighting their accountants".

So happy for you that it all turned out correct for you.

Agree...and since the "official" Celebrity Cruises poster has already shown concern and responded on this thread...I am still hopeful that "cruisingronnie" will perhaps find a small enjoyable surprise when he boards...would be great to find out this is the case !! (Hint...Hint...Celebrity) :)

Happy sailing Ronnie...glad all worked out !!

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Thanks for your post, now I see that I should not expect to see my payments on "my celebrity".

I always request an updated "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" from Celebrity after I make final payment, whether I book directly with Celebrity or with a TA.

Sometimes my post-final-payment booking confirmations will show "Balance Due 0.00" and the full amount that I have paid, and sometimes they do not show this. There is no consistency as to what the Celebrity booking confirmation shows, whether I book with Celebrity or with a TA.

The only consistency that I have noticed so far is that if I am booked into a Group, the booking confirmation that I receive does NOT show the full amount paid, nor the "Balance Due 0.00" line.

Apparently when booking through a TA, the TA's copy always shows the full amount paid. It would make me happier if every Booking Confirmation showed the total amount paid to date.

Thanks for this info. I will request the Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy.:)