Austalianised Carnival Spirit - wine list?

Anyone have a current wine list and drink menu from the Australianised Carnival Spirit??

We have cruised before with Carnival, but it was in the Caribbean which seems like a totally different company with alternative policies from Carnival Australia.

We would like to see if these differences extend into what is available on board, as my wife has some particular tastes when it comes to Chardonnay ;)

Cheers,

Gary

Ok...

No replies :confused:

Has anyone sailed Carnival both in USA and Australia?

If so, have you noticed any differences between the drink menus in general and also wine in particular?

I have searched quite a bit and all I can find is the established American version. If it still being used for Australia, can anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Gary

You are not alone. Lol :D

Sorry I can't answer your question as we are not going on Carnival spirit until next March but I suggest you try posting this question on the Carnival Australia FB page, I am sure some will have a copy to share. ;)

Thanks Jenny :)

I'm not having much luck on the Carnival board either.

I don't have Facebook but I can ask my wife to check it out.

We have booked Spirit for March as well... On the 24th.

When are u sailing?

Hi Gary

We're sailing on Spirit in mid February so will make sure I give feedback for you then but I suspect you'll generate informed responses before then.

From my recollection from our Splendor cruise in 2011, there were mostly Californian wines on the list priced at $40 upwards, together with European wines & maybe 1 or 2 Australian reds & whites. I think there were 3 tiers of wine packages too, from about $140 for the low range wines up to $200 or so for premium packageIf you've sailed on Carnival out of the States, was that your experience?

What disappointed us was that there were no wine tasting sessions, as we've experienced elsewhere. Carnival seems to focus on the cocktail side of things, which are sure fun, but doesn't provide the broader experience a sampling of a large variety of wines can give.

Phil

Hi Gary

We're sailing on Spirit in mid February so will make sure I give feedback for you then but I suspect you'll generate informed responses before then.

From my recollection from our Splendor cruise in 2011, there were mostly Californian wines on the list priced at $40 upwards, together with European wines & maybe 1 or 2 Australian reds & whites. I think there were 3 tiers of wine packages too, from about $140 for the low range wines up to $200 or so for premium packageIf you've sailed on Carnival out of the States, was that your experience?

What disappointed us was that there were no wine tasting sessions, as we've experienced elsewhere. Carnival seems to focus on the cocktail side of things, which are sure fun, but doesn't provide the broader experience a sampling of a large variety of wines can give.

Phil

Thanks Phil, we would appreciate hearing an update after your February cruise.

Our previous experience with carnival wine offerings were similar to yours but it was a few years ago - Dream in 2010 and Freedom in 2011.

The quality of wine varies quite a lot and it can be difficult to find a nice Chardonnay for the boss. :)

Thanks Phil' date=' we would appreciate hearing an update after your February cruise.

Our previous experience with carnival wine offerings were similar to yours but it was a few years ago - Dream in 2010 and Freedom in 2011.

The quality of wine varies quite a lot and it can be difficult to find a nice Chardonnay for the boss. :)[/quote']

You can probably bring your two bottles at least.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I brought back a copy of the bar prices, have been searching for it for the last couple of days, but can't find it yet.

From recollection, we were quite disappointed with the wine list. We grow grapes, and would have loved to bring a couple of bottles on board to share with people on our roll call. We found an OK Shiraz, can't remember the name, but it was $32. 00. Lots of the wines on the list were unfamiliar to us, even the Aussie wines.

Paying in Aussie dollars helps, and they do not add on the 15% charge as on the US ships.

Mick drank mostly beer, around $7.00, and soft drinks were $2.25.

My favourite drink on board was a shot of espresso from the free machine, in a tall glass topped up with free soft service ice cream. Just like a coffee thick shake :p

Here's a link to the review I posted in September, and I will continue to search for the bar prices.

Hilary

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913392&highlight=spirit+review

I brought back a copy of the bar prices, have been searching for it for the last couple of days, but can't find it yet.

From recollection, we were quite disappointed with the wine list. We grow grapes, and would have loved to bring a couple of bottles on board to share with people on our roll call. We found an OK Shiraz, can't remember the name, but it was $32. 00. Lots of the wines on the list were unfamiliar to us, even the Aussie wines.

Paying in Aussie dollars helps, and they do not add on the 15% charge as on the US ships.

My favourite drink on board was a shot of espresso from the free machine, in a tall glass topped up with free soft service ice cream. Just like a coffee thick shake :p

Here's a link to the review I posted in September, and I will continue to search for the bar prices.

Hilary

Thanks Hilary, if you could find the wine list that would be excellent :)

I have already found and read your review when I was searching for wine lists/drink menus. Thanks for posting it, reviews are great source of information for research, though some must be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks again,

Gary

Hilary

That sounds nice, but I would have to limit myself to not having too many in one day:eek:

Any Ben Ean Moselle, Mateus Rose', Black Tower Libfraumilch , Cold Duck, Sparking Rhine Gold or Porphry Pearl on board ? A lot of Dinosaurs on board who like those 60's and 70's beverages? LOL.

Hey Les

You've got the lot - what a list & great memories.

And I bet, like me, you thought you were a real charmer with the ladies when you ordered one of the them at the local Chinese restaurant? And you probably started with a KB beer in the old gold grenade style bottle too! Or were you a Tooheys New or a Resch's Pilsener man?

And was there anything more impressive as a candle holder than the Mateus bottle?

Phil:p

Hey Les

You've got the lot - what a list & great memories.

And I bet, like me, you thought you were a real charmer with the ladies when you ordered one of the them at the local Chinese restaurant? And you probably started with a KB beer in the old gold grenade style bottle too! Or were you a Tooheys New or a Resch's Pilsener man?

And was there anything more impressive as a candle holder than the Mateus bottle?

Phil:p

Lol, a few Silver bullets and he was ready to rock and roll.;)

Ned and MicCanberra, you got it right there fellas. The girls loved a bottle of ye old Sparking Rhine Gold. Oh, I forgot Gala Stock Spumante. Yes I drank all those beers, plus Tooheys Flag Ale and Reschs Dinner Ale (DA) but no beer now as I am Coeliac - Gluten Free, Cider and plenty of vino.

Doing the Doco dance right now, just printed out our boarding passes and luggage tags @ 75 days out for Golden Princess around South America. Time for a glass of De Bortoli Semillion Sauvignon Blanc to celebrate.

Edited by NSWP