What to buy

cherylrrt

Going on the NOS soon, Belize, Roatan and Cozumel, what is the best things to buy at these ports?

When in Cozumel you must consider buying black coral jewelry--they have the best in the Caribbean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Cozumel

- I have a sterling silver chain necklace. Every time I visit Cozumel I purchase a pendant with a different stone. The quality is beautiful, hefty weight and very reasonably priced.

- Many years ago I purchased two of those wildly colored Mexican blankets, very inexpensive. They are not thick, not really suitable as blankets. However, I have two great uses. 1) great as a beach blanket, they fold up small, but when open they provide a large space. 2) I use them as tablecloths whenever I am entertaining and serving Mexican food. Very festive looking.

I'm going to get slammed for this, but I'm only providing the OP with a response. I'm not condoning nor encouraging.

OP, some people have successfully bought legitimate prescription meds in Cozumel. There is an American pharmacists who many trust. Just google Cozumel + prescription drugs and read the reviews, what type of meds tourists have purchased, where they purchase it and if its legit or not and decide for yourself.

I have purchased Retin A and on occasion antibiotics (z-paks). If you purchase anything like this, make sure you check the expiration date. That is the only thing I've read some people have gotten taken by.

Do you have any favorite stores that you shop at for silver jewelry?

Can you recommend your favorite?:)

I don't recall the name. It's in the last building you pass through as you are leaving the secure port area at the International Pier. Just before you step out of the building (where the taxis are), there's a jewelry store on the right side. We've used them a few times and have been pleased with their products and service. We've used a US credit card there and they charge in pesos and it's always comes in out in USD to exactly what we agree to.

Edited by clarea

You should only buy what you want or need....what is that? Don't buy something "just because"! Check out a guidebook at your library...it will tell you ALL of that info!!!

Are you kidding?! Who goes on vacation and only buys what they Need?!!

That's no fun.

You go to your local mall for what you need. You go on vacation for what you want...within reason of course.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Cozumel

- I have a sterling silver chain necklace. Every time I visit Cozumel I purchase a pendant with a different stone. The quality is beautiful, hefty weight and very reasonably priced.

- Many years ago I purchased two of those wildly colored Mexican blankets, very inexpensive. They are not thick, not really suitable as blankets. However, I have two great uses. 1) great as a beach blanket, they fold up small, but when open they provide a large space. 2) I use them as tablecloths whenever I am entertaining and serving Mexican food. Very festive looking.

I love these! They make great decorative blanket and they are nice for those summer months when on the couch when you want to cover up but don't want a huge thick blanket...I'm gonna buy more when in Cozumel again as they are so cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

When in Cozumel you must consider buying black coral jewelry--they have the best in the Caribbean.

I agree - I bought a beautiful set (necklace, bracelet and earrings) at the Mayan shops where the 1st Catholic church sits next to the old Mayan Temple ruins.

The price was great and it looks good with many different styles of clothes.

I'm not a big drinker, but i do enjoy some fine tequilas, so i would grab a few bottles, they have some amazing designs and some wonderful flavors from tequilas you can't buy in the US so every time i cruise to cozumel or anywhere in Mexico i grab a few bottles for the next year or two, and i never buy the same stuff twice unless it was really amazing.