First time cruising

anitat

So im just making a list of what i should bring for Jan 2014 cruise to eastern Caribbean. They suggest umbrella? Do we actually need it? or rain coat? :)

I carry an inexpensive rain poncho and carry it in my handbag. They are not a fashion statement but can keep you from being totally drenched.

We have little travel umbrellas. Fold up small and lightweight

We also take along two of these little travel umbrellas. We've never needed to use them in the Eastern Caribbean ... but have needed them several times in Fort Lauderdale.

LuLu

~~~~

So im just making a list of what i should bring for Jan 2014 cruise to eastern Caribbean. They suggest umbrella? Do we actually need it? or rain coat? :)

Just curious who "they" is? Did you find a packing list online somewhere?

i just want to know if the eastern Caribbean rain often in Jan? never been there. If there 50/50 chance maybe ill wont bring it but if its more then 50% then il prob put in check in luggage - port Miami btw :D

i just want to know if the eastern Caribbean rain often in Jan? never been there. If there 50/50 chance maybe ill wont bring it but if its more then 50% then il prob put in check in luggage - port Miami btw :D

Most of the time in the caribbean there is a chance of rain everyday. The rain showers are always passing lasting maybe an hour tops. I wouldn't bother bringing them especially if you are trying to pack light. If on the ship you won't need them and on the island just stay indoors a few minutes and let it pass. Your temps will most likely be in the mid 70's.

Most of the time in the caribbean there is a chance of rain everyday. The rain showers are always passing lasting maybe an hour tops. I wouldn't bother bringing them especially if you are trying to pack light. If on the ship you won't need them and on the island just stay indoors a few minutes and let it pass. Your temps will most likely be in the mid 70's.

Thanks! :) hopefully we miss most of the rain

Most of the time in the caribbean there is a chance of rain everyday. The rain showers are always passing lasting maybe an hour tops. Your temps will most likely be in the mid 70's.

Pretty much true about rain. But not "always". The last two times we were in Antigua it rained most of the day.

And odds are your temps will be more like low 80's rather than mid-70's in the Caribbean. Not counting in or near Florida of course, that part is unpredictable.