ChoiceAir reservation status if cruise canceled

FunForUs

Has anyone canceled a cruise where they had purchased ChoiceAir nonrefundable air reservations? If so, would you please let me know what happened to your nonrefundable air reservation.

The reason I ask is because I'm getting conflicting information.

I have talked to 2 people at ChoiceAir and both of them say that a nonrefundable air reservation will not be canceled if I cancel the cruise. So I interpret that to mean that I can cancel the cruise & still use the flights booked through ChoiceAir.

But I'm confused because I saw this on the ChoiceAir site when I went to the About ChoiceAir page:

"What happens if a guest with ChoiceAir cancels their cruise?

Guests that cancel their cruise after purchasing ChoiceAir will have their air reservation canceled as well. Their refundable or non-refundable airline ticket will be subject to the rules, conditions and penalties of the airline, based on the specific fare rules"

I'm interpreting this statement to mean that if I book the air and cancel the cruise that I lose my air reservation, too? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shirley

I don't know the answer to your question - but wonder if you've actually paid for the flight and cruise. Seems like you could cancel the flight with no penalties if it hasn't been paid for. Maybe someone can clarify this too.

I was told that if I wanted to book airfare through choice air, payment in full was required at that time (even though I have only put deposits on the cruise).

I was told if I cancelled that the tickets were nonrefundable. I have no idea, but to make you pay the cost of the tickets & then not be able to use them doesn't seem right.

Has anyone canceled a cruise where they had purchased ChoiceAir nonrefundable air reservations? If so, would you please let me know what happened to your nonrefundable air reservation.

I have talked to 2 people at ChoiceAir and both of them say that a nonrefundable air reservation will not be canceled if I cancel the cruise. So I interpret that to mean that I can cancel the cruise & still use the flights booked through ChoiceAir.

But I'm confused because I saw this on the ChoiceAir site when I went to the About ChoiceAir page:

Guests that cancel their cruise after purchasing ChoiceAir will have their air reservation canceled as well. Their refundable or non-refundable airline ticket will be subject to the rules, conditions and penalties of the airline, based on the specific fare rules"

I'm interpreting this statement to mean that if I book the air and cancel the cruise that I lose my air reservation, too? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shirley

If you book your cruise reservtion with Celebrity and use their Choice Choice Air program and the crusie gets cancelled you get your money back. On the other hand if you book your own air and the cruise gets cancelled then you may be out of luck. The rules regarding what air lines can do and not have changed so you may want to check with your travel agent or the carrier you are using.

If you book your cruise reservtion with Celebrity and use their Choice Choice Air program and the crusie gets cancelled you get your money back. On the other hand if you book your own air and the cruise gets cancelled then you may be out of luck. The rules regarding what air lines can do and not have changed so you may want to check with your travel agent or the carrier you are using.

Sorry but that's not true, as people learnt to their detriment recently.

Unfortunately they've given you wrong advice, and the site is right.

This was seen with the recent Celebrity cancellation of Millennium cruises in Alaska, where people with Choice Air had their flights automatically terminated. They were told that the credit may be transferred to another flight, but I don't know whether that is because of the airline booked. However, ChoiceAir was automatically cancelling the flights themselves. The conditions of the tickets when cancelled is a different issue.

It may be possible for them to intervene and override if asked, e.g. say the cruise is being cancelled but I do not want the flights cancelled. However, because of the above I would suggest only booking Choice Air if you're very certain you will go on the cruise. If the line then cancels the cruise, then Celebrity and your insurer should come to some arrangement. But I wouldn't want to risk the situation that you as the buyer chooses to cancel.

The statement on the website is correct as your Cruise reservation and airline ticket are linked in their system. If the cruise is cancelled their system will automatically cancel the airline reservations.

If you are concerned about losing the airfare, GET INSURANCE !!. If you want to keep the flights I would call choiceair first and see if they have a way to delink the reservations so you can keep the fllights.

Let's hope you do not need to do this !!!

btw, if the cruise line cancels the cruise, in most cases you will lose your flights but not your airfare as they will allow you to use it towards future flights.

Steve