Crown - Upsell for 99$/pp?

phabric

We are on the Crown Dec 28. The ship does not seem to be selling out.

I got a call from our TA last night, Princess is having a Upsell of $99/pp for past passengers in oceanview and obstructed to balcony. We are presently in an obstructed. The difference between what I paid for the obstructed to the cheapest balcony is over $600/pp. I said we would take the Upsell.

As of last night from Princess site it shows the following cabins available.

Riviera - aft - 7 cabins

mid - 1

Aloha - aft - 6

mid - 3

forward - 1

Baja - aft - 4 - premium

aft - 10

mid - 1

forward - 6

Caribe - aft - 2

mid - 4

forward - 3

I won't know which cabin they will be offering until later today.

We like to have as much shade as is possible on a balcony.

Which deck would give us that shade?

I got a call from our TA last night, Princess is having a Upsell of $99/pp for past passengers in oceanview and obstructed to balcony. We are presently in an obstructed. The difference between what I paid for the obstructed to the cheapest balcony is over $600/pp. I said we would take the Upsell.

Riviera - aft - 7 cabins

mid - 1

Aloha - aft - 6

mid - 3

forward - 1

Baja - aft - 4 - premium

aft - 10

mid - 1

forward - 6

Caribe - aft - 2

mid - 4

forward - 3

Very interesting, since three days ago they upgraded us from obstructed OV on Emerald to BA balcony on Caribe. And they didn't ask for a dime. We board tomorrow.

Riviera - aft - 7 cabins

mid - 1

Aloha - aft - 6

mid - 3

forward - 1

Baja - aft - 4 - premium

aft - 10

mid - 1

forward - 6

Caribe - aft - 2

mid - 4

forward - 3

You will get shade depending on the direction of travel. The Riviera, Aloha, & Baja deck balconies are fully covered and are approx. 9'x5'. The Caribe deck balcony is half covered and half uncovered and is approx. 9'x9', twice the size. I would make the Riviera deck my last choice since the aft cabins are directly under the Lido deck buffet. The others are all nice, but the Caribe deck has the nicest balconies.

DH and I love the Terrace Pool area, so I would lean toward the aft or mid balconies on Aloha or Baja for quick access via stairs. Mid and aft are also going to give you more stability than forward cabins.

Nice deal and you'll love the balcony experience! Have a great time!

:D

Riviera - aft - 7 cabins

mid - 1

Aloha - aft - 6

mid - 3

forward - 1

Baja - aft - 4 - premium

aft - 10

mid - 1

forward - 6

Caribe - aft - 2

mid - 4

forward - 3

If the ship is not selling out as you say then why wouldn't they just upgrade you to a balcony and then put remaining cabins on sale? Like Pia already mentioned if you would have waited, you probably would have gotten the balcony upgrade for free.

I think they are just trying to make some money on unknowing passengers.

Our last cruise on the Crown (early this year) we had booked an aft facing balcony cabin that I love. We received a call asking if we would take a mini-suite (that my DW loves) and $100 OBC - we did and ended up with an AB mini. Just before the cruise we received a call asking if we would move to a full suite for $199 each - we did and got the Penthouse Suite right next to the aft cabin I originally booked! So stuff happens :-)

If the ship is not selling out as you say then why wouldn't they just upgrade you to a balcony and then put remaining cabins on sale? Like Pia already mentioned if you would have waited, you probably would have gotten the balcony upgrade for free.

I think they are just trying to make some money on unknowing passengers.

Interestingly, had they offered me the $99 upsell we would have taken it. But they didn't. Free is better. You think? :D

Interestingly, had they offered me the $99 upsell we would have taken it. But they didn't. Free is better. You think? :D

The OP was looking for advice on location and stated that they accepted the upsell, so it does not matter if free is better to them:D

On the Star this last Nov we had a cabin on Plaza deck which we like as a location. Princess emailed us an upsell for $99 each for a balcony on Baja deck (B623). We took it and loved the location and the room! We had several cabins to choose from and we would do that again if offered!