Booking next cruise while onboard? What benefits do you receive?

SKAGGS1234

Yes Princess will refund the money. My four year FCC didn't get used in time and the refunded it to me. Now I did ask for it to be refunded. If you don't ask I don't know if it is "automatic" or not. I wouldn't risk it.

We never book onboard, we just purchase the Future Cruise Deposits and book when we get home. :)

The OBC amount for a 10 day cruise in a balcony would be $100 per cabin or $100 per person ? We know which cruise we want, also was wondering what the OBC would be, Thanks for everyones help.

This is from their current cruise answer book. You would think they would have updated the answer book by now after they reduced the duration of the deposit to 2 years? Sounds like a no brainer to get a FCC. On my upcoming 7-day balcony cruise, I put down $200 FCC for 2 people, but will get back $100 OBC for the current cruise? So I am really out only $100, which I will get back eventually either for a future cruise or a refund.

With a reduced

deposit of just $100 per person, you can earn a free ship-

board credit of up to $150!* There are two options to choose

from - either book onboard, or simply place a deposit to be

applied to a cruise that sails within 4 years. And best yet,

you can continue to work with your travel agent, or have the

option to book directly with Princess. This is exclusive to

passengers onboard, so don't pass up the opportunity to

take advantage of this incredible offer! Visit the Future

Cruise Sales office on your next Princess voyage!

Length of Voyage Free Shipboard Credits

7 - 9 days $25 Inside, $50 Outside/Balcony/Suites

10 - 15 days $75 Inside, $100 Outside/Balcony/Suites

16 days + $125 Inside, $150 Outside/Balcony/Suites

*Deposits and shipboard credits are per person, based on

double occupancy. The Future Cruise Deposit is valid for

four years. The deposit should be applied to a booking that

sails within four years from date of purchase, if it is not used

the deposit will be refunded and can not be extended.

Shipboard credit applies to the holder of the Future Cruise

Deposit only, and is not applicable to upper berth passen-

gers. Shipboard credit may only be used on a single voyage

and expires at the end of that voyage. Any unused portion

of shipboard credit is not redeemable for cash. This offer

is only available onboard. $100 deposit and $150 onboard

credit offer not applicable to the World Cruise and World

Cruise Segment Voyages of 45 or more days. For World

Cruise Segments of 45 days or more, the deposit is

reduced to 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of

3% is provided.

This is from their current cruise answer book. You would think they would have updated the answer book by now after they reduced the duration of the deposit to 2 years? Sounds like a no brainer to get a FCC. On my upcoming 7-day balcony cruise, I put down $200 FCC for 2 people, but will get back $100 OBC for the current cruise? So I am really out only $100, which I will get back eventually either for a future cruise or a refund.

When you book the cruise for the two people named on the FCCs the two FCCs will be your deposit and will get the two people a total of $100 OBC.

So you are out nothing and are $100 ahead as the $200 for the FCCs will be applied to the cruise fare and the OBC is a bonus.

you buy the future cruise credit onboard for $100 each. It's good for any future cruise in the next 2 years and serves as your deposit (no cash required) and you get on board credit depending on the length of the cruise you are taking. It's a win win situation. You can book your next onboard or do it later; just buy the credit while onboard.

I usually buy more than 1 credit in case I decide on a B2B. Can't lose.

The info posted at reply 32 is the way it used to be. There were several changes made at least a year ago.

4 year expiration is now 2 years. Will be refunded to card but apparently you can request it be renewed if you call in before it expires.

Lower amount of OBC was for inside cabins but now is inside and ocean view cabins. Higher amount is for balcony and up.

The ranges of cruise lengths for each OBC was stretched out a bit. 10 day cruise is now the top of the lowest range shown and 16 days is the top of the middle range. The top range s 17 days and up.

They added a new low range of cruise length, something like 4 to 6 days with an OBC of $15/$25 depending on cabin type.

Old 4 year deposits retain the original value. We saved one old deposit (each) that we had until the opportune time to use it. This opportune time was where we have booked back to back ocean view 10 day cruises. Our old credit got us the middle OBC at the higher amount in an ocean view just like a balcony. $200 for the cabin. The second 10 day cruise with the new credit got us the lower amount (10 days) and low amount because it is an OV room same as inside now. $50 for the cabin. Huge difference in this example.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

So the OBC from the FCC is applied to and based on your future cruise? I was mistaken that the OBC is for the current cruise like it is for NCL.

Correct. You get the OBC on the cruise you book with the FCC and the amount of OBC is based on the length of the cruise and the type of cabin booked.

Can you only buy two FCCs per cabin? If I wanted to buy one for the entire family, will I be turned down and forced to buy only two?

You can buy as many as you wish, but they can only be bought in the names of people on the ship when you buy them. So if the entire family is on the ship, you can buy some for everyone.

Does anyone have one of these forms? Princess is only giving me $25 for an inside room on a 10 day cruise. If so, can you please email a copy to me at flometz@yahoo.com. Thanks.

I don't have a copy of the form however they're readily available onboard. If you're wondering about the amount being accurate $25 is the correct amount. Here are the current breakdowns which changed over year ago (also FCC deposits are only valid for 2 years but possible to extend to 4 by calling Princess). The amount of OBC is the same for inside & outside cabins and also the same for balcony & suites.

3-6 days: $15 inside/outside; $25 balcony/suites

7-10 days: $25; $50

11-16 days: $75; $100

17+ days: $125; $150

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry, the info I posted earlier was from an old link which is still on princess.com. Here is the latest one with updated info:

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

The above url is from the Princess.com site, at the bottom of the main web page "Additonal Information", click "Downloads" link, then select "Brochures" on the next page, then you will see the Cruise Answer book.

BTW, this url below is from the old link containing the previous cruise answers book. I bookmarked it not knowing they created a new link to the new document, and also kept the old link/document. If anyone bookmarked the previous cruise answer book, time to update the link. DO NOT USE THIS LINK.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/other/Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

Edited by freealta