Where to eat in Fort Lauderdale?

TexasCruiser90

We will be here next Thursday for the night before our HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam. We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott at Fort Lauderdale Beach. It's just my husband and I, and this will be the first night of our "delayed" honeymoon ( two and a half months late ), so either a romantic atmosphere / upscale restaurant is fine. I've looked a little on tripadvisor but thought I would ask for recommendations here as well! Any help would be greatly appreciated ! :)

We will be here next Thursday for the night before our HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam. We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott at Fort Lauderdale Beach. It's just my husband and I, and this will be the first night of our "delayed" honeymoon ( two and a half months late ), so either a romantic atmosphere / upscale restaurant is fine. I've looked a little on tripadvisor but thought I would ask for recommendations here as well! Any help would be greatly appreciated ! :)

We always enjoy Mortons Steak house in all states. They all offer a "special" dinner for a reasonable price, for an upscale restaurant/steak house. But you need to look on line at the Ft Lauderdale location for specials. Ask for it also when you arrive. It typically is $100 for two- and includes almost everything!

Happy Honeymoon.

We always enjoy Mortons Steak house in all states. They all offer a "special" dinner for a reasonable price, for an upscale restaurant/steak house. But you need to look on line at the Ft Lauderdale location for specials. Ask for it also when you arrive. It typically is $100 for two- and includes almost everything!

Happy Honeymoon.

Thank you for the recommendation! I will look into that ! I've never been to a Morton's but our hometown just opened one as soon as we moved across the country ( of course ! )

There are very good upscale restaurants in several hotels within a mile of the hotel, at the beach. However, you might want to take a taxi, as a dress and heels are typical dress for women:

3030 at Marriott Harbor Beach

Via Luna at Ritz Carlton (great wine/martini bar across the lobby too)

954 Steak at W Hotel

Some other very good restaurants within walking distance that are resort casual:

H2O

Coconuts

Casablanca Cafe

Take a cab over to Las Olas Blvd and try Johnny V's.....it is pricey

but some of the best food EVER:D (in my opinion anyway). Since

you are celebrating a delayed honeymoon? It would be worth the

prices;)....

Here is a link to the restaurant:

http://www.johnnyvlasolas.com/

Thank you everyone for your responses ! I am going to spend sometime going through their sites/menus and see what my husband prefers ! Is it bad that food is one of the things I look forward to most on vacation? :-)

Edited by TexasCruiser90

Thank you everyone for your responses ! I am going to spend sometime going through their sites/menus and see what my husband prefers ! Is it bad that food is one of the things I look forward to most on vacation? :-)

Is it bad? Nooooo, I always look forward to the food part of the

trip:D

Take a cab over to Las Olas Blvd and try Johnny V's.....it is pricey

but some of the best food EVER:D (in my opinion anyway). Since

you are celebrating a delayed honeymoon? It would be worth the

prices;)....

Here is a link to the restaurant:

http://www.johnnyvlasolas.com/

Absolutely this or The Lobster Bar & Grille. Opened by the Buckhead group.

Thanks everyone! I booked us a reservation for Johnny V's! Looking forward to trying it out! ;)

COOL:D I truly loved it there:) and I know food is VERY subjective.

We all like different types of food. I hope you enjoy it as much

as I did:)