Noordam Interior - Is this a good one?

jerseygirl3

Just booked Noordam interior cabin 1048. Any comments? My TA says it's one of the larger interiors (207 sq. ft.). We normally do balcony cabins, but trying to save some $$$. BTW, this is for the 10 night southern Caribbean (HMC, Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao).

People have contributed to Joanie's Sticky showing various cabins.

This is the link to cabin 1074 -- same size as yours. Even though it is a handicapped cabin, you can get an idea of what the room will look like -- yours is up the hall from it and very similar.

http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Deck-1.html

Hmmm. That link doesn't work.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You are in one of the largest inside cabins on the ship (there's a couple of I-category cabins an inch or two bigger). It's even larger than some outsides!

My only concern is that the Northern Lights disco is above you; a couple of cabins further back would be safer, as would starboard side. I have stayed in a cabin directly under the disco, and I didn't have a problem with it, however.

Whenever we sail the Vista/Signature class we always book the Cat K cabins below the dining room, and they're probably our favorite cabin on any ship. Very convenient location for the gangway, dining rooms, etc. and extremely spacious rooms. We have stayed in these rooms probably about 5 times now and never heard a peep from the DR upstairs, which I had been concerned with when we initially booked this location. I'd highly recommend these cabins.

You're very welcome, happy to hear you found them helpful! Enjoy your cruise on the Noordam, we did a transatlantic on her in one of the Cat Ks (1123) and it was a perfect place to stretch out on such a long cruise.