“Live Review” ~ Allure of the Seas (Western): December 15-22, 2013

Pebbles468

The tour was wonderful.. We loved our tour guide, Dean! Our Secret Falls Guide, Jermaine, was so very sweet to all of us. We have no complaints except how long it took to get there and back.

We did hit a goat in the way back. It darted out along the highway, and so much traffic there was nothing we could do. The kids asked if we hit the goat and I said it was just a bump in the road. I think they knew though ...

Why did it take so long to get there and back? Were you on a bus? How many people were on your tour? You said on page one you were going to Dunn's River Falls. Did you change your tour to Secret Falls at the port? Can you post pictures from the falls? Were your kids able to jump from the high areas?

Hello,

Have you been able to get coffee from Starbucks with your drink package?

Thank you

Rachel :D

No Starbucks included. But you can get specialty from the Main dining room and other Venus around the ship. Espresso cappuccino lattes all very good.

Hello,

Have you been able to get coffee from Starbucks with your drink package?

Thank you

Rachel :D

No Starbucks included. But you can get specialty from the Main dining room and other Venus around the ship. Espresso cappuccino lattes all very good!

Why did it take so long to get there and back? Were you on a bus? How many people were on your tour? You said on page one you were going to Dunn's River Falls. Did you change your tour to Secret Falls at the port? Can you post pictures from the falls? Were your kids able to jump from the high areas?

Hi Sunday.. With so many Ships in port, it was suggested that the we go to Secret Falls as Dunn's River falls would be very crowded. We hear from others DRF was extremely crowded, so good choice on our part.

The 90 minutes was due to traffic and that's just how long it actually took!

We were on a private tour wit Courtney Taylor Tours.. I will post many more photos and videos when we get home.

Tonight, we cancelled our reservation for Chops and decided to take the kids to Izumi. Normally there is a cancellation fee, but since we switched Venus our concierge fixed that for us.

Will take pictures at Izumi!

Tonight there is an all ages comedy show at 10:30 we will go with the kids.

Edited by Pebbles468

We are packed... Luggage valet tags on (bags go directly to the plane).

Hugs around to our Concierge Fernando and the best Room Steward ever, Floyd... we will miss them!!

It will be nice to get home though. It doesn't feel like Christmas on the ship. However they do have Christmas music and caroling in Central Park.

Pictures.. Beautiful ... Extremely expensive digital packages...

Single prints:

6x8 $14.95

8x10 $20.95

10 digital $169.95

15 digital $224.95

20 digital $279.95

Unlimited digital $369.95

All inclusive unlimited digital and (you get all prints in your folio). $469

Wow, doesn't sound too good for your Courtney Taylor tour. I was hoping to hear good things. Sorry to hear you had problems with traffic.

Enjoy day 7!!!

We took a Courtney Taylor tour last spring from Falmouth and had Marvelous Marvin. It is a long time in the car. More like an hour for us without too much traffic. Their vans are nice but it was still a long ride. We did blue hole as well and skipped dunns falls. So glad we did. We were the only family there for the first hour or two. It was awesome.

Debbie

We are back in Fort Lauderdale... Got some coffee and light breakfast in the Concierge Lounge.

Since we did luggage valet, which is complementary for suite passengers, we don't have to worry about our bags! Very nice!! We don't yet know if our flight will go off on time but no worries.. If we get to stay in Florida another night that's a bonus!!

More once we get home!!

Our cruise is complete... It was the best cruise yet!!

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Looked forward to your updates daily!

Here in OHIO we recieved quite a bit of rain yesterday. Our area is under a flood watch for two rivers.

Right now it is in the 60's.

Very windy, tree branches down, no major gusts though.

Be safe

Sea Ya

We are back in Fort Lauderdale... Got some coffee and light breakfast in the Concierge Lounge.

Since we did luggage valet, which is complementary for suite passengers, we don't have to worry about our bags! Very nice!! We don't yet know if our flight will go off on time but no worries.. If we get to stay in Florida another night that's a bonus!!

More once we get home!!

Our cruise is complete... It was the best cruise yet!!

Glad you, Christine, and I were able to finish the evening together in Rising Tides. It was so nice meeting you and your family. Safe travels today. I am still in Central Park since I am one of the last numbers.

Pretty much a non-event here in the city. Airports are good. The storm was more to the North.

Thanks Billy! Our flight is delayed as the plane is delayed from NY.

Getting off the ship was a mess! Getting through customs a nightmare!! luggage valet nice that we didn't have schlep the bags behind us, but we were mixed with thousands of other passengers who were schlepping their bags. Took absolutely forever!!!!

Was on this cruise too with a group of 15. Mostly positive, ship is incredible. Staff works hard. Stateroom attendant was fabulous. Dined at Giovannis and Chops. Food at chops was a B, service was A++++. Possibly best service ever on a cruise. My time dining has major issues, will do a more thorough review. Disembarkation was handled well by the ship. Customs not fastest or slowest, about average. One major issue addressed by Guest Services, will wait and see if Miami follows through

Hey Pebbles - thanks for an awesome review and taking time out of your vacation to write it. We're going on the Oasis in February and are also staying in a suite.

Did you have a change to scan the Suite Breakfast Menus? I wasn't able to read the text in the photos that you posted.

Thanks!

J

Hey Pebbles - thanks for an awesome review and taking time out of your vacation to write it. We're going on the Oasis in February and are also staying in a suite.

Did you have a change to scan the Suite Breakfast Menus? I wasn't able to read the text in the photos that you posted.

Thanks!

J

Hi Pebbles. Thanks for the review! Can you also scan the other info that was provided for suite guests. We will be in one in June. Thanks.