My Time Dining

Kroozen

I have a question regarding My Time Dining...Can traditional seating be changed to my time dining once on board? I booked the cruise and chose traditional dining, but I think I may want to change it to my time dining once I'm on board. Is that possible?

Thanks!

As long as it isn't full, you should be able to change on board. I would recommend trying to do it as soon as you board. If it is really important to you to have My Time, you might want to change your reservation now, but I know sometimes people want to wait until they board to use their OBC for tips.

Have a great cruise!!

On our Enchantment cruise last winter, they handed out sheets at boarding outlining how to do so (very quick change at one of the dining podiums). On my recent Explorer cruise, no sheet but several people were doing so immediately after boarding. Similar location. As pointed out in another post, we switched to MTD on while onboard Enchantment because we really didn't want the late dining assigned and wanted to use our OBC for gratuities rather than pay in advance.

We were also unsure of which way to handle dinner. At the pier they had crew walking around asking if you wanted to change to MTD. We still were not sure so we stuck with our Late Seating. Our tablemates just did not click so we decided to change. We went to the D Concierge and the change was quickly made. There is a window or something like 24 hours when you can make the change. After that I would not say that you cannot change but it would be more difficult.

[B][COLOR=Navy]We have changed to MTD upon boarding the ship. That was our first order of business. We did go to the dining room to do so first, and a time was posted to come and make any changes. We returned at that time and changed with no problem. [/COLOR][/B]

We were on the Allure for the 12/8 sailing, booked in late traditional. The first night we were the only two people at our table for 8. The next night the same thing, 20 minutes in, nobody else showed up. Since there are so many alternatives on this ship, many people never show up at their assigned tables. At that point we asked to switch to MTD. The waiter pointed us to the deck 4 podium where the maitre'd did his magic with his mouse and we were in MTD. We went up to deck 5 and stayed in MTD the rest of the trip.

We were sat with an older couple who were in the 2nd week of a b2b. They also said that nobody else ever showed at their TD the first week so they also switched to MTD for the second week. We ate with different people each night and never had to wait for long, very efficient in running this system.