Celebrity Cruises - What is the most expensive bottle of wine on board and cost?

Iluvcruising2

The most expensive wine on the regular printed wine list is $4,000 - Screaming Eagle, Cabernet Sauvignon.

But as Ghstudio noted above they do have a small selection of rare wines on board that are not on the regular lists. I have no idea what the price range of these might be. I had a brief discussion about these with a sommelier on the ship once when we were seated for dinner in the wine room at one of the specialty restaurants a few years back and I asked about some older bottles in the storage areas that can be seen there.

Yummy Screaming Eagle. Too bad it's out of my price range at the street price of around 1500-2k per bottle and way over at 4k.

Was lucky enough to enjoy a glass while in Vegas once and it is very good.

Hey! Maybe we could split a bottle when we're both on the Summit in a few weeks.... :rolleyes:

(Maybe if one of us wins the lotto... :p)

It'd have to be a BIG win! :p

Yes. Just trying to decide what wine to bring aboard. Probably 1 bottle of 07 Insignia but having trouble picking the Chardonnay. Like to bring Marcassin but will probably be either Aubert or Peter Michael.

OP sorry for hijacking ur post. Last time on the Eclipse the most expensive they had was a 1.5l of Chateau Petrus, don't recall the exact year but was a mid 1980's.

Greetings

On Equinox in 2011 I noticed a bottle of 1997 Screaming Eagle in the case at Murano. The 1997 Napa vintages were some of the best ever. I inquired about the bottle and had the head wine guy trying to convince me to buy it the entire cruise. At the end of the cruise he said he would sell it for $1,500. A steep price but actually below the price for similar bottles.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hey! Maybe we could split a bottle when we're both on the Summit in a few weeks.... :rolleyes:

(Maybe if one of us wins the lotto... :p)

You can also buy great bottles of wine in Puerto Rico. Hope the links work, but here are my suggestions…

http://www.bottlespr.com great place to buy wines and enjoy good food. Is not located on a tourist area, but will deliver to your hotel.

http://www.bodegascompostela.com another great place to buy wines and dine, close to the Condado area

http://www.labodegademendez.com and http://www.vsuarez.com great places to buy wines, away from the tourist area but will deliver too

-Another good option is Costco, you can buy Insignia there too:):)

The most expensive wine on the regular printed wine list is $4,000 - Screaming Eagle, Cabernet Sauvignon.

But as Ghstudio noted above they do have a small selection of rare wines on board that are not on the regular lists. I have no idea what the price range of these might be. I had a brief discussion about these with a sommelier on the ship once when we were seated for dinner in the wine room at one of the specialty restaurants a few years back and I asked about some older bottles in the storage areas that can be seen there.

So … how was it? !!

Yeah, but 20% discount with the premium package... :D

Love the premium package discount; but I upgrade from the 123 cause it covers my Bombay Saphire and tonic needs without additional costs.

My dw blames Celebrity for my love of fine wine. We always liked wine and actually collected a few bottles but after experiencing their a riedel comparison I found in addition to cabernet's I also really appreciate Chardonnay. Now we are up to more bottles than our 2 coolers will store and I check the wine auctions weekly. Uggg, I need a new pastime.

The most expensive wine on the regular printed wine list is $4,000 - Screaming Eagle, Cabernet Sauvignon..

Do you think they have more than one bottle so we can drink one at the table and get another "to go"? :rolleyes:

Do you think they have more than one bottle so we can drink one at the table and get another "to go"? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure, but if they carry a good inventory maybe you get order a bucket of screaming eagle by the pool. Aren't the buckets all five for the price of four?

I'm not sure, but if they carry a good inventory maybe you get order a bucket of screaming eagle by the pool. Aren't the buckets all five for the price of four?

Touche' Larry. :D