Why Can't they get the Biscuts right?

tutuwahineLV

:confused: I've yet to get good biscuts at breakfast on NCL. They do so well with the other breads, i.e. Pretzle Rolls :rolleyes: ...yum..... but the brekkie biscuts...not so much. I love biscuts n gravy...but not on the ship.

Anyone else have this complaint? Just curious

I was just on the Jewel and they were okay. I wouldn't say just awesome but a little hard but was fine smothered in gravy. But then I don't expect too much with mass produced food.

Hopefully you just had a bad batch.

We had biscuits just about every morning with butter and strawberry jam when we were on the Dawn. My niece said they were very close to her mother's biscuits and I thought they were wonderful. Guess it depends on what you plan on putting on them. I wasn't brought up on biscuits and gravy, just biscuits and jam.

They must get the biscuit mix from the same distributor that supplies them with that fake-maple pancake syrup.

I don't normally use maple syrup since I am diabetic but I heard it wasn't bad on the Jewel last month.

But..I was impressed they carry the Smuckers sugar free syrup made with Splenda (I believe). It is very good and doesn't taste diet at all.

Might want to try it if you find their syrup taste funny.

Because the guys making biscuits aren't from the South, likely have never had a good biscuit and possibly are not familiar with baking powder.

The bagels on a cruise ship are best described as really awful donuts.

Icky biscuits isn't the only thing they don't do well.

Good Idea Debnjoe, they are sub par at best.

True Luddite, but receipes are easy to follow, and they certainly need a new receipe.....

Barb, that would be an excellent idea, I'd even be happy if they'd use the Pillsbury frozen ones....just pop em in the oven for 10-12 min....easy peasy and a vast improvement to what they've been serving. :o

:confused: I've yet to get good biscuts at breakfast on NCL. They do so well with the other breads, i.e. Pretzle Rolls :rolleyes: ...yum..... but the brekkie biscuts...not so much. I love biscuts n gravy...but not on the ship.

Anyone else have this complaint? Just curious

Be thankful you at least found the biscuits. My week on the Epic there wasn't one to be found. :(

Really a topic about biscuits. Eat something else if you doing like for goodness sake

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh, lighten up. It's nice to talk about something other than smoking, taking water/soda on board, or tipping :)

Edited by sdmike