My time dining

mikefast

My wife and I haven't been able to cruise for the last three years because of severe illness in the family. Unfortunately, her son passed away this fall, and now we are able to go again. I wish it could have been under different circumstances but I just booked a cruise on the Carnival Magic leaving Feb. 2. We couldn't get early dining, so I signed up for my time dining. Is this a separate restaurant? And if so, where is it. Sorry about a simple question like this, but I'd really like to know before we leave. And do they have the same menus as the main dining room. Thanks in advance.

My wife and I haven't been able to cruise for the last three years because of severe illness in the family. Unfortunately, her son passed away this fall, and now we are able to go again. I wish it could have been under different circumstances but I just booked a cruise on the Carnival Magic leaving Feb. 2. We couldn't get early dining, so I signed up for my time dining. Is this a separate restaurant? And if so, where is it. Sorry about a simple question like this, but I'd really like to know before we leave. And do they have the same menus as the main dining room. Thanks in advance.

It is still in the MDR, same food, same menus. Everything is the same except you show up when you want to instead of at an assigned time.

Hi,

You will be seated as if you were in a restaurant.

They will ask you how many, and your cabin no. and then you can either get a table for 2(which is what we do) OR you can ask to be seated with others. IF you like the wait staff you get the first night you can ask for their section every other night so that they can get to know you and your needs. If you don't like them then ask for another section .

Just got off the Magic with anytime dining. I would encourage you to be patient as you will likely have to wait about 30 minutes depending on when you arrive. We had Haris and his team who were great. Enjoy your cruise. Btw its the northern lights on level 3 across from guest services.

We too just got back from a Magic cruise. We really liked the our time dining. We nearly always went early so did not have to wait long. The central location of the Northern Lights dining room was very convenient for us since our cabin was forward. A particular highlight was the singing of one of the wait staff. Her name was Catherine, I believe, and she was truly excellent with her performances.

Since its been 2+ years, can a party of ten get a reservation for anytime dining?

No reservations and unlike some who complain that a large party should not do anytime dining, I have only had great things come from dining this way and on our last cruise we were a party of 13.

Happy Sailing!!!

We only waited this long on formal nights...The other nights we walked in.

Just got off the Magic with anytime dining. I would encourage you to be patient as you will likely have to wait about 30 minutes depending on when you arrive. We had Haris and his team who were great. Enjoy your cruise. Btw its the northern lights on level 3 across from guest services.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I was just on Legend, traveling solo, and did YTD for the first time. I was surprised people starting lining up for YTD at about 5:15pm! Doors opened at 5:30pm and each party would give their name, cabin number and how many in party. If you ask to be seated with just your party there may be a wait, maybe not.

They would seat people without a preference by taking, say a couple, another couple and a group of four to the same table.

Menu is the same as in the regular dining area. (YTD was upstaris.)

On 3 nights I asked to be seated alone and was shown right to a table for 2. One night they said it'd be 45 min. for a single place so I ate with a large table as I did on a few other occasions.

I found I prefer dining alone or at assigned time...too much wondering about where I'd be seated.

Enjoy your cruise!