Liberty of the Seas (Dec. 21-26) Tips and Advice?

PalmTree55

I will be sailing on the 5 Night Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Liberty of the Seas from December 21st to the 26th. This is my first time on a Freedom Class ship, and also the biggest ship I have been on. I am beyond excited for this cruise! My question basically is 'What advice can you offer me to get the best cruising experience on the Liberty?'. I have been on two other RCCL cruises, and one Disney, so none of the generic stuff. I am looking for advice the applies only to the Liberty and things like that.

Thanks and Happy Cruising!

---

PalmTree55

Just returned from Liberty of the Seas. Make sure you double check your account daily. We were charged $15.45 for mini bar which we did not use. We had to argue with CR for 15 minutes before they finally conceded that two seniors probably did not drink the Red Bull from the mini

Bar.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Forums mobile app

Just returned from Liberty of the Seas. Make sure you double check your account daily. We were charged $15.45 for mini bar which we did not use. We had to argue with CR for 15 minutes before they finally conceded that two seniors probably did not drink the Red Bull from the mini

Bar.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Forums mobile app

Great thread topic! We are sailing on Liberty in January! The Quest is my favorite, never miss it! Glad to hear they have RedBull in the Mini Bar, a must for dancing the night away! :)

.... I am looking for advice the applies only to the Liberty.....

---

PalmTree55

1. Liberty has a flock (flock?) of Penguins...go to the Gym

and look out the front (forward) windows.

2. After Muster, the ship will start moving, then spin about 90 degrees

to the right (in the center of Lake Mabel). If you are on deck 12 near the

front-left side (port side) you can wave at the folks in the condos...who

will be flashing lights, blowing air horns and waving back. This is a 'tradition' here.

Then, there will be 3 long blasts from the Liberty's horn

while in the inlet (maritime rule) and, to me, it is the 'real' beginning of the cruise.

This all happens fast...10 minutes or so. Anyway..tradition has spoken.

Some folks go to the helicopter pad for sailaway...and get the full effect of the horns.

:D:D

Edited by rocketsurgery

If you like Broadway shows, Saturday Night Fever is awesome! So is the air show and ice show. Enjoy the Promenade - parades and great people watching. Flowrider is great to watch or experience. Have been on Liberty many times and love it. Going again 3 weeks from today

1. Liberty has a flock (flock?) of Penguins...go to the Gym

and look out the front (forward) windows.

:D:D

Only because you put flock?? in your post...

When more than two penguins gather, the group can be referred to as a huddle of penguins. Larger groups can be described as a rookery, and if the numbers of penguins are in the hundreds, they can be referred to as a colony.

But... when I'm on the Liberty in January I'm going to check out he penguins... Thanks for the tip!!!

Only because you put flock?? in your post...

When more than two penguins gather, the group can be referred to as a huddle of penguins. Larger groups can be described as a rookery, and if the numbers of penguins are in the hundreds, they can be referred to as a colony.

But... when I'm on the Liberty in January I'm going to check out he penguins... Thanks for the tip!!!

Hi,

Ummm, just because your next Liberty cruise says 1/14/2014....

We are going on the Liberty on 1/13/2014 but I know ours is 5 days...

Just sayin'.

:D

Hi,

Ummm, just because your next Liberty cruise says 1/14/2014....

We are going on the Liberty on 1/13/2014 but I know ours is 5 days...

Just sayin'.

:D

Oh... no... look again... it says the 13th... Frankly... I have no idea what you are looking at .... LOL... I'll buy you a drink at the meeting at the sky bar!!!! First I'm finding those penguins!! ;)