Junior Suite on Liberty

Just upgraded to a JS on the Liberty of the Seas next month... deal was great (paid $499 for balcony, D2- deal was $599 over the weekend, so upgrading was not breaking the bank!)

does anyone have any pics of the JS's on Liberty? we're in 9548, front, left side. Specifically, are the balconies much bigger than a D2 on that ship?

Thanks in advance!

Just upgraded to a JS on the Liberty of the Seas next month... deal was great (paid $499 for balcony, D2- deal was $599 over the weekend, so upgrading was not breaking the bank!)

does anyone have any pics of the JS's on Liberty? we're in 9548, front, left side. Specifically, are the balconies much bigger than a D2 on that ship?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the JS balconies are bigger than D2 balconies on Indy.

Thanks...

also.. in 9548 now, but 9254 is also open... anyone think either is better than the other? thanks!:D

I'd stay in 9548. The other one might be under the cantilever hot tub. Not that you will hear any noise because you're separated by a deck of staterooms, but there might be more shade because of the hot tub.

I'd stay in 9548. The other one might be under the cantilever hot tub. Not that you will hear any noise because you're separated by a deck of staterooms, but there might be more shade because of the hot tub.

Yes, 9548 is better. But not necessarily for the reason you state. The cabins under the whirlpools on the Freedom class have a 'tinted bronzed' glass on the balcony. It looks pretty from the outside of the ship, but it limits the viewing from the balcony. When one is sitting on the balcony, you are looking through the glass. The tinted glass is not nearly as clear as the normal glass.

A photo of the ship is on the Royal Caribbean web site and you can see the different color balcony glass under the forward whirlpools.

Edited by edjny

I just looked the the Jan 9th sailing and RC is offering $499 per person for the W guarantee. Are you sailing on the 9th? If so, you might want to consdier being put in the pool again to see if your lucky enough to get a GS. I am trying to encourage our friends to upgrade from a Balcony to the W guarantee. It will only cost them $100 more pp. Great deal!

AVOID 9544 and 9244......those 2 JS cabins are SMALLER than any other JS on the Liberty, Indy, and Freedom. The wall near the elevators "curves" and causes the JS cabins beside them to be much smaller! We had 9244 once, and immediately noticed the difference.

Peter

will 9548 be like that too since it's right there?

Or work in TV news... we cant take off Feb, May, July or November (sweeps) so Jan is a popular time. Good thing it lines up with cheap cruising!

Early Sept, early Dec and early Jan seem to have the lowest prices, so you're in luck.

I can cruise at anytime, but my wife is tied to the school schedules, which means Spring Break in March, or July-Aug.

Yes, 9548 is better. But not necessarily for the reason you state. The cabins under the whirlpools on the Freedom class have a 'tinted bronzed' glass on the balcony. It looks pretty from the outside of the ship, but it limits the viewing from the balcony. When one is sitting on the balcony, you are looking through the glass. The tinted glass is not nearly as clear as the normal glass.

A photo of the ship is on the Royal Caribbean web site and you can see the different color balcony glass under the forward whirlpools.

Thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten about the bronze tinting.

We stayed in 9258 on Freedom and it is the last cabin before the bronzed glass. The bronze glass starts at 9260. Privacy can be an issue as people in the hot tubs like to look down at times.