Paradise vs Nachi vs Mr. sancho's Beach club

eaCruiser4Life

You should also consider la casa en la playa. Its booked thru carnival its less adcertised and they only let 24 people a day. And look at the reviews. All the places you mention have mixed reviews but la casa en la playa has 78 reviews and all are 5 stars and all rave about how much you are pampered.

Hi everyone,

We are going to be in the breeze on the 12 of January and we have a stop in Cozumel. Any suggestions as to which one is better. We are a group of 9 and looking for the best beach, good food, and water activities. Thank you.

I've been to Nachi and Mr Sanchos.

Nachi is quieter with relatively no children. That is my favorite.

However, my husband prefers Mr. Sanchos. It's livelier with more activities. Food is good at both.

They're on the same stretch of beach. Younger folks tend to lean toward Mr. Sanchos.

After doing a Trip Advisor on Mr Shanchos and seeing the great reviews we decided to book it on line via Pay Pal, only $10 down (must bring receipt) and $80 on arrival. So for $45 each you can eat and drink all day. You can also go there I believe as pay as you go. Do T.A.'s and check out Mr. S's website. We will be there a week before you on the Glory. I don't know about the one another poster mentioned through Carnival, it does look nice but at $238 for two, a bit pricy for us.

Did Sanchos all inclusive last summer and didn't like it. Drinks were small, if you want a beer, they open a bottle and pour into an 8 oz cup, service was terrible, food was terrible, they were even miserly with wifi.

For wife, you have to hand them your phone, they put the secret code in (they don't want you to know it!) and when you lose connection, you have to repeat! Wife only in bar.

Paradise beach much, much better. We've been there many times, doesn't disappoint. Ala cart there is better cost and quality wise than Sanchos, better service, you get wifi down to the beach, we'll be there next week!

We really like Nachi. Going back there again in July. If you are looking for water activities, this is not the beach to go to, but a nice relaxing day with good food and drinks is what you will get. And the servers were very attentive.

Hi everyone,

We are going to be in the breeze on the 12 of January and we have a stop in Cozumel. Any suggestions as to which one is better. We are a group of 9 and looking for the best beach, good food, and water activities. Thank you.

If you are looking for water activities scratch Nachi off your list - no water toys.

Mr. Sanchos has both an all-inclusive side and a pay-as-you-go side, which they keep separate. If you want AI then Mr. S is your choice -- water toys are an extra charge of $12 per person.

If you want pay-as-you-go, then Paradise Beach may be a better option; larger beach club, huge pool, better facilities, etc. $2 chair rental and $12 fee for the water toys. Good luck! :)

We were at Paradise last Friday--wish I was there now! Here's my detailed review:

Day 6 - Cozumel Our Cozumel port day was 11 AM to 6:30 PM ship's time. Because it's the only port on this itinerary that isn't in the Eastern time zone, the ship doesn't change the clocks, and you have to be very careful to monitor your time off the ship according to the ship's clocks and not local time, which is one hour earlier Central time. We didn't leave anyone behind this trip, but there were a few late runners who were probably saved by the fact the ruins excursion to the mainland returned after 6:30 PM.

The Pearl used the Punta Langosta dock, which is the dock nearest downtown (but not to be confused with the old ferry dock right in downtown). Farther out are the International and Puerto Maya piers. The staffer I talked to about Pearl docking said the Pearl *usually* uses Punta Langosta...but sometimes docks at one of the other piers. I wasn't able to locate an offical port schedule for Cozumel's three cruise docks, but you can Google it and come up with a fairly reliable prediction.

Here's a snap of the taxi rate board at the Punta Langosta terminal. The basic rater covers 1-4 people, so for our destination, Paradise Beach, it was $15 whether you were solo, a couple or a family of four. They will take your party in a small car, if you wish, or load you up in a large van of folks going to the same place. So obviously, if you want to wait for others and form a cooperative of sorts, you can lower the per person rate. The rates are one way.

Cozumel_taxi.jpg

This was probably our 10th time at Paradise Beach--we've been going for years. Every time we visit, there's some new feature; but the cleanliness and good service never change. This beach club is large enough to accommodate all takers, even when there are a lot of ships in port, but rarely feels crowded. And when it does, never fear. Just like at Royal Palms in the Caymans, when we're in paradise at Paradise :D, we've always felt like we had the run of the place come 1 or 2 PM.

The cost is $2 per person for facilities use AND your beach chair and umbrella. They expect you to order a minimum of $10 food and drink per person, but your money goes a lot farther in Mexico than in the Caymans--to illustrate, domestic beers were $4.25, imports $4.75 and frozen drinks and cocktails $7.95. Food is similarly reasonable, and there's a wide variety of menu options. To play on the big floatables, tramps, use mats, kayak, snorkel with their gear, try stand up paddle, etc., it's $12 for the all-day activities wrist band. You can do things like a boat snorkel or parasail for extra, e.g., the parasailing was "on special" for a tandem parasail (2 up at a time) for $100. There's hair-braiding, beach massages, gift shops and the like. The wifi is free (open) and surprisingly strong and reliable even during peak crowds.

I'm a beach lover; my husband prefers a pool. I think this is his favorite pool anywhere! It is huge, beautifully blue-tiled and sparkling clean, features a semi-submerged deck so your lounger is halfway in the water, has a lovely swim-up bar and is surrounded by white stone deck dotted with palm trees and plenty of lounge chairs....

Here's a pool shot taken at 2:30 PM. See what I mean about everyone leaving? Thank you all for leaving early to go shopping! :p

Cozumel_Paradise.jpg

At the end of the day, we grabbed a taxi (many were waiting) and returned to port. I couldn't resist having a Starbucks. And I was actually going to try to pick up some authentic Talavera pottery, but the reliable retailer, Los Cincos Soles, had recently closed its Punta Langosta location, and on quick glance around, it appeared no other stores at that cruise terminal seemed to sell anything better than the usual tourist fare. So we walked back down the long pier to the ship.

When the kids were younger (high school age) we went to Paradise Beach and were very happy with our time spent there. The last time we were in Cozumel the kids were all in their 20s, so we decided to do the all-inclusive at Mr. Sancho's. We felt like the drinks were plentiful, but were small as someone else posted. We liked the food, but that was more difficult to get, they would take our order, but we never got the food, so we would order again, finally after ordering 2 or 3 times they would bring our order. We didn't realize until it was too late that one of the girls with us had been served MANY Long Islands, and NO food. Everything ended up ok, but trying to get her back to the ship was quite a challenge. I'd probably go back again, but would pay more attention and make sure everyone got food and not just drinks.

After doing a Trip Advisor on Mr Shanchos and seeing the great reviews we decided to book it on line via Pay Pal, only $10 down (must bring receipt) and $80 on arrival. So for $45 each you can eat and drink all day. You can also go there I believe as pay as you go. Do T.A.'s and check out Mr. S's website. We will be there a week before you on the Glory. I don't know about the one another poster mentioned through Carnival, it does look nice but at $238 for two, a bit pricy for us.

We liked Mr Sanchos, did a trip advisor review in fact. but I will make mention, the only beer that is in the all-inclusive is the Mexican beer. my friend drinks coors light and occasionally drinks corona. she said theirs tasted somewhat like a heavier corona.

We liked Mr Sanchos, did a trip advisor review in fact. but I will make mention, the only beer that is in the all-inclusive is the Mexican beer. my friend drinks coors light and occasionally drinks corona. she said theirs tasted somewhat like a heavier corona.

A limit to Mexican brands is common at all of the Coz and Cancun all-inclusives I have visited; Coors Light is an expensive imported beer in Mexico.

A tip for Mr. sanchos to get better service is to be kind, use some basic Spanish, and tip up front. And if you order food when you first get there them they get it to you faster because it's before every ship arrives there.

Thanks now I know to stay away from sanchis

Sanchos is definitely a more lively place. Not as lively as the Lido deck at times, but it is definitely the most popular option, so it gets busy and service slows down. But we never had a problem getting drinks or food. But if you want a more deserted beach experience Nachi is supposed to be the place to go.

• 3 weeks later...

We cruise to Cozumel often because we live in Tampa and the 4 day to Cozumel and back is a convenient, quick mini vacation. We ALWAYS go to Paradise Beach. It is beautiful. There is a HUGE sparkling clean heated pool with a bar right there. The food is always delicious and the servers treat you like your royalty. They have a lot of inflatable toys out in the Gulf (slides, climbing mountain, trampoline, etc.) for kids and "young at hearts." We always stay at the pool because it's so beautiful and the lounge chairs are right on a ledge on the border of the pool so you're "in" the water while still being able to read, eat, and drink. I always say you can tell a lot about a place from the condition of their bathrooms and Paradise Beach has the cleanest bathrooms i've ever seen. When you get off the ship, just grab a cab and tell them Paradise Beach. They all know right where it is. I highly recommend it. Have fun!

I have a review in my signature link with tons of pictures of our day at Nachi last year.

If you click on my Jewel review in my signature and go to around page #20 around post #395, you will find a complete review on Mr Sanchos with tons of pictures as well. :)

Sorry, haven't been to Paradise yet.

A limit to Mexican brands is common at all of the Coz and Cancun all-inclusives I have visited; Coors Light is an expensive imported beer in Mexico.

True but at Mr. Sanchos, you can get Coors Light on the Pay as you go side. They should give you the option of the Coors Light for maybe a few bucks more. I'm a beer drinker but won't drink the Mexican Beer.

True but at Mr. Sanchos, you can get Coors Light on the Pay as you go side. They should give you the option of the Coors Light for maybe a few bucks more. I'm a beer drinker but won't drink the Mexican Beer.

Do you dislike the taste of Mexican beer or just want American made beer?

I have being to all of them and each has their unique enchanting things, Paradise is a bigger place and accommodates lots of tourist, their swimming pool is amazing and the food is grate, I'm not sure what are the prices for any of them sorry..

Nachi only takes 50 guests per day, it is more exclusive, smaller and cosy

Mr. Sanchos being the further away from the other 3 is more secluded, pace full I think, however last time I was there the food was not very good.

The beach on all of them is grate so for best food and swimming pool I would go to Paradise beach, however I'm really not familiar with the prices, that might also influence your decision.

On an other note, there are a couple of beach brake tours even more privet, there is the Cozumel Pearl Farm Beach excursion that only takes up to 12 guests per day, and is all included food and drink, or casa en la playa they are both on the same price range.