rci price promise??

daynorhall

Booked a cruise on freedom of the seas for next August, only paid the deposit at the moment. Noticed yesterday the price had dropped by about £50 per person. Have seen previous threads saying rci will match that price ???? Rang them and rather rude lady told me I have to pay the amount that was quoted at the time of booking. Can anyone clarify ?

Booked a cruise on freedom of the seas for next August, only paid the deposit at the moment. Noticed yesterday the price had dropped by about £50 per person. Have seen previous threads saying rci will match that price ???? Rang them and rather rude lady told me I have to pay the amount that was quoted at the time of booking. Can anyone clarify ?

Call them back. I have claimed at least one price drop on every cruise I have taken. Sometimes I have needed to get past someone with no clue to get the price drop implemented. You are outside final payment & therefore able to claim the price drop. If the next person you speak to refuses to honour the drop, then go higher & keep going until you find someone that knows what they are talking about.

ECL has been running a weeklong "Going, Going, Gone" sale, so any price drops that you see this week are most likely for "new bookings only".

*Going, Going, Gone is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of Crown & Anchor benefits and NextCruise Onboard Booking Bonus."

Edited by orville99

ECL has been running a weeklong "Going, Going, Gone" sale, so any price drops that you see this week are most likely for "new bookings only".

*Going, Going, Gone is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of Crown & Anchor benefits and NextCruise Onboard Booking Bonus."

Going, going, gone sales are cruise that are almost if not always after final is due. That would not include next August

Edited by SeaUs

Also, the OP is in the UK...we do not get the going, going, gone, sales.

Going, going, gone sales are cruise that are almost if not always after final is due. That would not include next August

True, but the UK site is also in the middle of a WOW sale, and those cruises do go through next summer.

Edited by orville99

Asa general rule bookings outside the US/Canada do not get price drops. This includes both Australia and the UK.

To the OP - if you are able to, start booking through a US based travel agent. Myself and DH started doing this and have been able to take advantage of price drops, as well as no-penalty cancellation. We would not have been ale to do either in Australia.

Asa general rule bookings outside the US/Canada do not get price drops. This includes both Australia and the UK.

To the OP - if you are able to, start booking through a US based travel agent. Myself and DH started doing this and have been able to take advantage of price drops, as well as no-penalty cancellation. We would not have been ale to do either in Australia.

If you are not a us or can citizen or do not reside in the us or canada you are not suppose to book through a us or can agency. They won't deny your booking however it is against their policy and it drives me nuts when people do everything they can to get around rules. Just ask about the cross border booking policy.