specific Eurodam Cabana reservation

hedy7813

Based on some of the positive comments, we reserved a Retreat Cabana for the week on our Eurodam cruise. Was anyone able to reserve a specific cabana? The representative at ship services was not able to tell me the specific cabana I would have. However, some of the posts seemed to infer that a specific cabana had been rented. If you were able to reserve a specific cabana prior to boarding....how did you do it? And if you were able to reserve a specific cabana...which one did you prefer?

Thanks in advance. We sale on January 5th.

DW and I had a Retreat Cabaña on the Eurodam 11/24/13 cruise. We were not able to reserve a specific cabaña even though some other posters have said that they were able to do so. We have booked another cruise on the Eurodam in November 2014 and have again reserved a Retreat Cabaña. We were again told that we could not reserve a specific cabaña. We were told that the ship makes the assignment. That being said, I now know that any of the cabañas would be satisfactory. They were all great and the service was unbelievable.

Based on some of the positive comments, we reserved a Retreat Cabana for the week on our Eurodam cruise. Was anyone able to reserve a specific cabana? The representative at ship services was not able to tell me the specific cabana I would have. However, some of the posts seemed to infer that a specific cabana had been rented. If you were able to reserve a specific cabana prior to boarding....how did you do it? And if you were able to reserve a specific cabana...which one did you prefer?

Thanks in advance. We sale on January 5th.

Hey there, we are on the same sailing. I booked a retreat cabana several months ago right after I booked the cruise based on info I found here in cruise critic. I called the HAL rep and asked for specific cabana, she directed me to email the person in charge of those bookings and I asked for one of two based on reviews I read as to which is best based on space and location. I received an email back within a couple days confirming the cabana I wanted. I think it's called cote azure? We at looking forward to some quiet relaxation up there.!

Please join our roll call!

Tom Campbell

Hey there, we are on the same sailing. I booked a retreat cabana several months ago right after I booked the cruise based on info I found here in cruise critic. I called the HAL rep and asked for specific cabana, she directed me to email the person in charge of those bookings and I asked for one of two based on reviews I read as to which is best based on space and location. I received an email back within a couple days confirming the cabana I wanted. I think it's called cote azure? We at looking forward to some quiet relaxation up there.!

Please join our roll call!

Tom Campbell

We chose port side retreat cabana and we got it months before our next cruise in feb. We got the Rhodes cabana. We wanna be port side so we can enjoy the sail in to San Juan with our binocular

May I ask what is desirable about this cote de Azur cabana. I looked at the map and it looks like it looks over the pool and there might be some screaming kids there. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

... and there might be some screaming kids there.
There's very few screaming kids anywhere on HAL, and the cabanas are two decks above the pool. Noise from kids will not likely be a problem, although some of the "entertainment" might be loud!

We've never had a cabana, but I think you can not see much if any pool water from the aft-facing units because of the roof:

30ib6dz.jpg

Edited by jtl513

The music from the pool area is a pleasant background. It isn't loud by any means.

As has been discussed here many times, the specific reservation of cabanas is an agreement between the Bar Manager on the given ship, and a person in Seattle who handles various requests and reservations for that ship. For N. Amsterdam and Noordam, the Bar Manager has refused specific cabana requests. On Eurodam, on the hand, the Bar Manager has agreed to grant requests, within reason. I have thanked him personally for this, and asked if he could make it know to the other Bar Managers how much this is appreciated. So far, no change in policy.

The music from the pool area is a pleasant background. It isn't loud by any means.
I said some of the entertainment may be loud. We've been on cruises where a group of 4 playing in that small bandstand at the corner of the pool has been very loud. Certainly louder and more annoying than any kids in the pool. Edited by jtl513

There's very few screaming kids anywhere on HAL, and the cabanas are two decks above the pool. Noise from kids will not likely be a problem, although some of the "entertainment" might be loud!

We've never had a cabana, but I think you can not see much if any pool water from the aft-facing units because of the roof:

30ib6dz.jpg

I was on a thanksgiving cruise last year. There were some very loud kids that could easily be heard from the pool. I was thankful my cabana was on the side since the parents didn't seem to care about tending to their bratty kids.

We chose port side retreat cabana and we got it months before our next cruise in feb. We got the Rhodes cabana. We wanna be port side so we can enjoy the sail in to San Juan with our binocular

May I ask what is desirable about this cote de Azur cabana. I looked at the map and it looks like it looks over the pool and there might be some screaming kids there. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Sure, I requested either the cote azure or Palma Mallora because I read they are the only two that have one neighboring cabana and may be more quiet not having people on both sides. I read also the side cabanas can get quite hot inside since they are glassed on the sides, the forward facing cabanas are open. We were actually given the Palma Mallora, i was incorrect in my earlier post. I have never rented or seen one before, this decision is based on reports written by others expirences. I am sure they are all wonderful and relaxing....let's just hope for warm sunny weather so they are open!

On our Eurodam cruises we have asked for specific retreat cabanas, via ships services prior to the cruises. They always said they could not guarantee the cabana, as they are assigned by the ship at the time of the cruise, but we always got the requested cabana. Just lucky, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

The Retreat cabana were absolutely fantastic. If you want to feel very pampered....rent a Retreat cabana. You get ice water, fruit, evian-misters. The stewards will get you lunch if you wish. And, you are served chocolate covered strawberries and champagne every afternoon. We rented the Sorrento....a forward/aft cabana. The port/starboard cabanas do tend to get a little warm. If you have a family....the corner family cabanas are spacious and comfortable.

We even stayed tucked in to our cabana during a strong squall in Grand Cayman.

We were told that the Eurodam, Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam are the only ones that the cabanas.

Yes, there are cabanas on the Lido deck next to the pool. Those get very warm but are convenient if you like to swim or have young ones who will be swimming in the pool.