Rhapsody boarding times...

We are cruising on Rhapsody early next year, and because we are in the dregs of the ship, Deck 2, our guest ticket booklet says that our boarding time is 3pm.

Is this a definite rule, or just a guideline? Is there a possibility that we may be able to board earlier?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

It's more of a guideline. We were on deck 2 (awesome deck to be on actually) and our boarding time was 3pm (not that anyone seemed to be checking what deck you were on and your corresponding boarding time). We were able to board a little earlier because the crowds had cleared and there was no queue by around 2pm. We were through check-in and onboard in about 10 minutes.

As I have posted before the staggered check in times are really a guide only, introduced more for the bigger ships ie Voyager and Solstice and on some of the latest embarks there have been hardly any queues at any time of the day especially with a cruise that has a large number of Ozzie pax and can they organise their arrival times easier than flying in from overseas usually early morning and having no place to go except to the ship. Even though I cannot say absolutely ( or officially) I am confident that if you were to arrive " a lot";) earlier you should not have a problem getting on. Obviously if there is a queue when you arrive just wait till it clears and go for it.

I guess if I tell enough people this, eventually, there could be problem but hey who reads this anyway:D. AND after the the renovations to the OPT are finished in October 2014 there hopefully will be no need for staggered check in times at all

Why is Deck 2 so good?
Also, it's only one flight of stairs to get back to your stateroom after a long, exhausting day in a tender port. You don't feel very much movement and you've got deck 3 (all staterooms) in between you and all the noisy activities in the centrum on deck 4. Our group of 8 were all on deck 2, including some very experienced cruisers, and we all agreed the location was ideal. :)

We are cruising on Rhapsody early next year, and because we are in the dregs of the ship, Deck 2, our guest ticket booklet says that our boarding time is 3pm.

Is this a definite rule, or just a guideline? Is there a possibility that we may be able to board earlier?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Get there early, settle in for lunch & watch the crowd waiting to embark. We always aim for 10.30 or 11am. We were on the Rhapsody last year from Honolulu, boarded at 11am (even though we were told 1pm), couldn't access cabin until 1.30pm,& sailed at 11.59pm.

Have fun