Bribing the person with hors'dourves

DAllenTCY

Bribe? :confused: Why would you have to bribe anyone to have hors d'ouevres served to you?

We go to the Ocean Bar (almost) every night before dinner and have never had to ask for hors d'ouerves. They are simply served to us. We more often than not sit at the bar and one of the Bartenders asks if we would like some. If we want them, we say so and he serves them.

If no one offers them to you......Ask. :)

If you happen to be in an "S" or"PS" Suite, you can arrange either through the Concierge in Neptune Lounge or through Room Service to have hot and cold hors d'ouerves delivered to your cabin during cocktail hour.

There is no charge for it.

There is no reason to even think of having to pay to have hot hors d'ouerves in Crowsnest or Ocean Bar. I sincerely hope you will explain why you have that impression. Thanks if you care to elaborate.

We go to the Ocean Bar before dinner, the Piano bar after dinner and the crow's nest in the evening. We had hot appetizers brought to us each evening. Never had to ask. Turned down a few in the piano bar though, because we were just too full after dinner. We also had trays of cheese and fruit brought to our room in the late afternoon (not in a suite, just a Verandah) and there was no charge. Just a tip.

Bribe? :confused: Why would you have to bribe anyone to have hors d'ouevres served to you?

We go to the Ocean Bar (almost) every night before dinner and have never had to ask for hors d'ouerves. They are simply served to us. We more often than not sit at the bar and one of the Bartenders asks if we would like some. If we want them, we say so and he serves them.

If no one offers them to you......Ask. :)

I think he wants the WHOLE platter for hisself (i.e. your suggestions, though prudent, are wasted on a glutton:D)

I forgot - when they first began the new dining times, we also had trouble getting appetizers - mainly because they didn't start cocktail hour until 5:15 - our dinner was 5:45 - and by the time they came and took your drink order, returned with it, then someone would come around with the appetizers, it was time to go to dinner.

That has since changed. Cocktail hour is now much longer to accommondate everyone.

We also had difficulty getting munchies a couple of weeks ago on the Zuiderdam. Had 8 pm dinner so it was a nightly passion with me. I finally just started to ask. Often had to wait quite some time. Never had this problem on other ships. It all goes to what my review said -- it was like the ship wasn't quite working.

I think he wants the WHOLE platter for hisself (i.e. your suggestions, though prudent, are wasted on a glutton:D)

He might have a large party, though ... and just wants the waiter to leave the entire platter at their table for their exclusive use.

Wonder why a waiter wouldn't do this without being bribed, though. I mean, if you've got ten or 15 people sitting together, would seem to make sense.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We just got off Volendam on 7/6. We had early dinner(6PM) so we never went to Crow's Nest ot any lounge before dinner. We frequented them after dinner but never saw any hot hors d'oeuvres.

Joanne

He might have a large party, though ... and just wants the waiter to leave the entire platter at their table for their exclusive use.

Wonder why a waiter wouldn't do this without being bribed, though. I mean, if you've got ten or 15 people sitting together, would seem to make sense.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We;ve had at least 10 people sitting around a table in the Ocean Bar (actually 2 tables) and they always bring a dish of appetizers for each couple. If we want more we just ask for them, but seeing as we are on our way to dinner, one dish between us is enough. I have never seen them bring large platters - there's be no room on the small table for oen. :D

All the appetizers are on a steam wagon and not passed around on platters - the bar waiter just fills a small dish as required.

Chicken wings; buffalo wings w/ blue cheese; mini quiche, meatballs, batter fried shrimp; fried cheese......

There are nuts at the bar and on the tables each evening in Ocean Bar. (On formal night [and at the Mariner's Party] they have the really good mixed nuts. :) )

There is a selection of 3 or 4 different hot Hors D'ouerves each evening.

Archived