Question regarding escalating complaints

elycelynne

Completely agree, if anything at all, the concierge would slow everything down by wanting to 'address it first' and then do nothing. For the purpose of ‘trying the chain of command', we always go to the congierge first. If the problem is within the 80% that falls in the standard operating procedures, it’ll be solved. If not -> straight to the Hotel Manager.

My underline......

How do you accomplish that?

Everyone's method likely varies. ;)

Just off a ship within the last 3 weeks. We had a lack of hot water for a shower. I was always very nice with the front desk and they are always nice back!!! their answer Yes there are issues and they are working on it" After a few days I asked nicely for a supervisor and continued with her consistently until the problem was fixed. I did not know how to go to the hotel mgr but that might have been a faster fix. I think I would nicely do that next time.... maybe a little sooner Still love HAL the employees were doing the best they could.

My underline......

How do you accomplish that?

Everyone's method likely varies. ;)

He'll be walking around somewhere so you are likely to run in to him, see him at suite functions, go to his office, leave a note for him at the concierge.

Different ways, all the same outcome. Just be ready to confront him when you see him.

He'll be walking around somewhere so you are likely to run in to him, see him at suite functions, go to his office, leave a note for him at the concierge.

Different ways, all the same outcome. Just be ready to confront him when you see him.

"Confront" is such a negative and aggressive term. Do you find a confrontation with the HM is the best approach when you meet him/her?

We are booked on the Rotterdam for a 25 day cruise. This will probably a once in lifetime cruise adventure for us. I picked this cruise because of the itinerary not the cruise line and on the assumption that HAL was an OK cruise line. We're not heavy cruisers and have only cruised on Oceania twice. So I'm not loyal to any particular cruise line.

The purpose of this thread is valuable - how to appropriately escalate an unresolved problem - worthwhile to know for any cruise line (or hotel). But I haven't seen a thread like this on the Oceania boards & I don't know if this type of thread exists for other cruise lines.

After reading through this thread I am pretty amazed by the number of problems mentioned here - especially w/re to plumbing.

We understand that HAL isn't O and our expectations regarding food and levels of service are hopefully realistically adjusted - but we do expect the basics like functioning toilets hot water & AC. Not being able to get service to fix a clogged toilet & being forced to use a public toilet, or no hot water is a serious problem. But for it to exist for more than say a few hours - let alone days - is not acceptable & would absolutely ruin our trip no matter how much we spent.

I'm curious to hear from the experienced cruisers - if this is indicative that the HAL ships have more problems than the rest of the industry?

"Confront" is such a negative and aggressive term. Do you find a confrontation with the HM is the best approach when you meet him/her?

I really don't have a problem with confronting the HM, but the again, I'm not a native English speaker.

Remember that I then already asked the problem to be resolved which at that point has not been done satisfactory. I think confront would be good, my vacation is already being influenced negatively. If doesn't like that, maybe he should consider another line of work.

We are booked on the Rotterdam for a 25 day cruise. This will probably a once in lifetime cruise adventure for us. I picked this cruise because of the itinerary not the cruise line and on the assumption that HAL was an OK cruise line. We're not heavy cruisers and have only cruised on Oceania twice. So I'm not loyal to any particular cruise line.

The purpose of this thread is valuable - how to appropriately escalate an unresolved problem - worthwhile to know for any cruise line (or hotel). But I haven't seen a thread like this on the Oceania boards & I don't know if this type of thread exists for other cruise lines.

After reading through this thread I am pretty amazed by the number of problems mentioned here - especially w/re to plumbing.

We understand that HAL isn't O and our expectations regarding food and levels of service are hopefully realistically adjusted - but we do expect the basics like functioning toilets hot water & AC. Not being able to get service to fix a clogged toilet & being forced to use a public toilet, or no hot water is a serious problem. But for it to exist for more than say a few hours - let alone days - is not acceptable & would absolutely ruin our trip no matter how much we spent.

I'm curious to hear from the experienced cruisers - if this is indicative that the HAL ships have more problems than the rest of the industry?

I don't think so - my problems with plumbing have never been on HAL. We were flooded on NCL and on Princess - so go figure:confused:

Remember, there are just a few posts here - how indicative they are of the industry is hard to say.

Our issues that we posted about were NOT related to plumbing, water, AC or anything else - it had to do with a package I bought that was just not happening.

Just the same, it's good to know what has worked for others and techniques that may help you - in case. :)