B2B on Indy ~ Dec. 1 & 7 ~ My Diary

maxs mom

I can see both of my cabins in this photo. BTW, If your in 12553, the people in the hot tub can see into your balcony :o

2nd time we got the last balcony on this side of deck 12. I will definitely try Indy if she stays on this itinerary.

Bill....That 8 night itinerary is nice. Hope to do it again this year.

Really enjoyed reading your review! You are truly blessed to have met so many wonderful people who continue to touch your lives in such a great way!

Have a great New Year and I will look forward to reading about your next cruise.

Barb

You are so right!! We are truly blessed to have made so many wonderful friends while cruising. Just had the nicest phone call from Helen today. I made some copies of the pictures I took and mailed them to her since she doesn't use a computer. She was so proud of the picture of her chocolate piano and couldn't wait to show her friends.

You have a great New Year as well! I'll try my best to find another cruise to go on!!

Edited by max'smom

Jane - thank you very much for the wonderful review.:)

We are on the 8 night in March.

For all those interested, I matched up what you ordered in the MDR, with the 7-day menus, and other context clues, and I have a best guess at the order (assuming it stays the same from cruise to cruise):

MOJO

SAFFRAN

BASIL

"8th Menu"

PIMIENTO

SHIITAKE

JASMINE

POMODORO

Thanks again,

Brad

Wow! That's good!! Thanks for doing that! I'm impressed!

Can you tell me where these rocks are??? Looks exciting!

I found this little point when I walked up where the hillside cabanas are. It's right in between Barefoot Beach and Nellie's Beach. You can get there from either beach. Just walk up into the hill. Hope you find it. It looked like they were having fun.

Excellent review! Thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures. Sailing for our honeymoon on the Indy in February and your pictures have us ready to go now! :)

And don't knock the Epic, guys! As "fuggly" as it may be, it's a great ship, IMO. Lots to see and do and, after all, it is a cruise. :) Then again, my new husband and I got engaged on the Epic, so it holds a special place in our hearts - so much so that we're considering a second cruise on her next January.

For now, though, we're excited to sail the Indy in about a month!

Thanks again for your stellar review. Much appreciated!

I know how you feel. The Independence will be that way for us.

Sorry for all the hassle. Just wondering if you could sit in the reserved area for the Diamond Pluses at the ice show.

We got new table mates on day 2 because a couple stole their assigned seats!

Our MDR neighbor couple also had trouble finding a table, and had told us they'd been moved around on day 1.

Saving seats is so frustrating. Once I arrived early in the centrum for the cooking show for good seats. A lady walked up and told me to move!

We were on the Dec 7th cruise too. Saw a lot of scooters, and gave them as wide a berth as possible. In my Mother-In-Law's assisted living home, one of the scooter ladies ran over someone's foot with their scooter. We visited the WJ for breakfast, deck 5 for lunch, and room service a couple times too. Anything to avoid the lines! At embarkation we saw a man cutting ahead in line. His wife sat on her rollator, and he lifted the aisle separator and rolled her through!

Did they do the WARM BREAD processional on the Dec 1st cruise?

Edited by knittinggirl

Sorry for all the hassle. Just wondering if you could sit in the reserved area for the Diamond Pluses at the ice show.

We got new table mates on day 2 because a couple stole their assigned seats!

Our MDR neighbor couple also had trouble finding a table, and had told us they'd been moved around on day 1.

Saving seats is so frustrating. Once I arrived early in the centrum for the cooking show for good seats. A lady walked up and told me to move!

We were on the Dec 7th cruise too. Saw a lot of scooters, and gave them as wide a berth as possible. In my Mother-In-Law's assisted living home, one of the scooter ladies ran over someone's foot with their scooter. We visited the WJ for breakfast, deck 5 for lunch, and room service a couple times too. Anything to avoid the lines! At embarkation we saw a man cutting ahead in line. His wife sat on her rollator, and he lifted the aisle separator and rolled her through!

Did they do the WARM BREAD processional on the Dec 1st cruise?

Yes.....I believe D+ can sit in the reserved section of Studio B. We've never really tried to.....we usually get their too late for anything to be left so we just go to the sides.

Yes....I did hear the warm bread thing......we were up on Deck 5 and couldn't see anything down below, so I have no idea what that was. It was just annoying from where we were!

If you'd like to give me your credit card number I'll have you booked on something by the end of the evening.:) And while I'm at it maybe I'll grab a cabin for myself.;):p

Sounds like a plan!! Believe me.....we're looking. The ones we want to go on are sold out and there are no deals. but we'll keep looking and find something soon, I'm sure. I'll see what I can do about getting a cabin for you!

I so enjoyed your review for both weeks. Even though I had to leave after the first week, it sure was nice seeing all your pictures and reading all the reviews for both weeks. Mom told me today that you sent her the pictures and she sure enjoyed that. Thank You for that. I did have my brother pull up your review and go thru it with her but she was only able to see the pictures pretty quickly so having some copies to show her friends is really special.

I know someday we will cruise together again and I look forward to it. Until then, we always have FB.

Sue

Yes.....I believe D+ can sit in the reserved section of Studio B. We've never really tried to.....we usually get their too late for anything to be left so we just go to the sides.

Yes....I did hear the warm bread thing......we were up on Deck 5 and couldn't see anything down below' date=' so I have no idea what that was. It was just annoying from where we were![/size']

Each night in the MDR, someone announced WARM BREAD!!! and the Assistant Waiter procession started carrying the bread baskets to the tune of Hot Hot Hot! By the fifth night, it was getting old. We did specialty dining on Day 6 & 7. Mainly because we had some OBC to use or lose. Well, not sure about the losing part.

Good to know about the priority seating being filled. With 700 Diamonds and up, it's expected. I'll be curious to see how many Diamonds will book next December. The calendars will probably become collector's items in a few years.

We bought a shore excursion, so we're not sure if the would have refunded our $100 for our next cruise credit or not.

You got some good shots of the ice show. I had my camera on burst mode, but didn't do as well.

Edited by knittinggirl

I so enjoyed your review for both weeks. Even though I had to leave after the first week, it sure was nice seeing all your pictures and reading all the reviews for both weeks. Mom told me today that you sent her the pictures and she sure enjoyed that. Thank You for that. I did have my brother pull up your review and go thru it with her but she was only able to see the pictures pretty quickly so having some copies to show her friends is really special.

I know someday we will cruise together again and I look forward to it. Until then, we always have FB.

Sue

Thanks a lot, Sue! It was such a pleasure meeting you two. Your mom was telling me about her upcoming cruises. ( I can't believe she is flying home for four days!) We'll have to look at those sailings and see what we can do!

we were on the 8 leg of your b2b.pix of cruisers on walk way in labadee fellow on right side ,white hat,blue shirt was i.thanks

Oh yes.....is that you on the far right with the ship in the background?

k-girl.......that warm bread thing WAS very annoying!

Jane,

Enjoyed your review and photos!! Thanks so much for sharing all your cruises with us.

Hi Franca, hope your enjoying your New Years Cruise!!!!

Tobyhilda, if your still reading this, I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for Mel. I don't know what's wrong with him but sounds like he's recouping from something so your both in my thoughts. I will never forget our Brilliance cruise.....it's still one of my favorites!! I laugh everytime I see the picture of you with your purple boa, crown and wand.....we really had a great time on that cruise!!

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Patty

Thanks' date=' Patty!

I believe Mr. Mel had something seriously wrong with his liver. and it sounded like a long rehabilitation. We're hoping that everything is going well with him.[/size']

Well they will definitely both be in my prayers.

Happy New Year, Jane! My number one resolution for 2014 was to finish reading your review of our wonderful cruise! Done! Thanks for once again bringing it all to life....it was like being there all over again! Looking forward to the next one....hugs to youboth

Happy New Year, Jane! My number one resolution for 2014 was to finish reading your review of our wonderful cruise! Done! Thanks for once again bringing it all to life....it was like being there all over again! Looking forward to the next one....hugs to youboth

Back atcha, Karen and Dan! It was a large time and we enjoyed it! Happy 2014!

Thank you all for remembering us,,,Mr Mel's condition is not getting any better...just a continual deterioration of the liver and speen...but the good news is, he is not in any pain..

I have to be very grateful of the past 38 cruises, each and every one was special...

I am grateful for the five DINNER'S we had with CAPTAINS OF SHIPS...

I am grateful for all the CRUISE CRITIC MEET & MINGLE PARTIES,,that I moderated,

I am grateful for all the SLOT PULL games,,,that I hosted,,,win or lose...

I am grateful for Cabin CRAWLS I hosted

I am even more grateful,,,for being THE GODMOTHER,,,Thank you all Tobyhilda

Tobyhilda.....Good to hear from you. Very sorry that Mr. Mel is not getting better. We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time. Hang in there and take care of yourself. We hope that things will get better.

Thank you all for remembering us,,,Mr Mel's condition is not getting any better...just a continual deterioration of the liver and speen...but the good news is, he is not in any pain..

I have to be very grateful of the past 38 cruises, each and every one was special...

I am grateful for the five DINNER'S we had with CAPTAINS OF SHIPS...

I am grateful for all the CRUISE CRITIC MEET & MINGLE PARTIES,,that I moderated,

I am grateful for all the SLOT PULL games,,,that I hosted,,,win or lose...

I am grateful for Cabin CRAWLS I hosted

I am even more grateful,,,for being THE GODMOTHER,,,Thank you all Tobyhilda[/quote

Toby, I never forgot you. You were so much fun and knew how to enjoy your life. You and Mel remain in my prayers.

Patty

Thanks Jane for your fantastic review, I have been reading it all night. I am on this ship at the end of May leaving from Southampton I can't wait, it will be our only second cruise. It has been great looking at all your beautiful pictures. :)

Wendy

Thanks Jane for your fantastic review, I have been reading it all night. I am on this ship at the end of May leaving from Southampton I can't wait, it will be our only second cruise. It has been great looking at all your beautiful pictures. :)

Wendy

Wendy......glad to be of some help. I would love to be able to sail on Indy from Southampton one of these days!!