Back from my first carnival cruise after enjoying royal

ms.gloria

I am new here, but I have done lots of research on carnival before cruising my first with them. I was hesitant about carnivals safety record, but not anymore with the changes. I almost thought about canceling my breeze cruise before the changes were announced

What changes are you referring to?

What changes are you referring to?

Maybe the $300 mil they are spending on fire safety and system redundancy upgrades

But someone new, posting how Carnival is so much better, I question:confused:

Merry Xmas to you and Patti

Yes. I did a 6 day on the Carnival Breeze and it was overall my best cruising experience to date. Guys burger was delicious, and free. The burgers are very good, but the fries are to die for! Besides the shows, I liked everything better on Carnival. Royal has better shows but Carnival has better food, cabins, crew, and a overall better vibe to the ship. I would HIGHLY suggest doing a carnival cruise. I was hesitant at first, but I will now only cruise carnival into the foreseeable future.

That's awesome! I love Carnival also, and have no desire to sail on RCCL.

That's awesome! I love Carnival also, and have no desire to sail on RCCL.

Im not sure you have sailed RCCL

Most people complain of expensive pricing as a reason for not sailing RCCL

The Navigator is cheaper than the Magic on a lot of her sailings next year ;)

Im not sure you have sailed RCCL

Most people complain of expensive pricing as a reason for not sailing RCCL

The Navigator is cheaper than the Magic on a lot of her sailings next year ;)

Nothing to do with pricing here. Tried 1 RCCL cruise and that was enough for me. No disrespect to Royal, but I much rather Carnival.

Nothing to do with pricing here. Tried 1 RCCL cruise and that was enough for me. No disrespect to Royal, but I much rather Carnival.

Carnival use to be my favorite, for years, till Uncle Bob left.

Unless it is a new ship or certain port, I need to experience, I cruise with whoever is the cheapest.:o

If you cruised on RCCL why not put in your signature?

Yea. Most ships have the gaudy decor I think, but the breeze was their first ship with a soothing Caribbean decor. Looks very nice! Like you said, I just love cruising in general.

I LOVED the look on the Breeze. When CCL first announced a new designer for the ships and posted pictures, I thought it looked boring, but it is lovely once you experience the new colors. Loved the blues over the orange hues in the cabins. The hallways are SO much better.

How did you think the entertainment compared? I've always heard RC is top notch.

I found carnival to be comparable with RCI. I found RCI to have a slight advantage on food quality, but carnival has a slight advantage when it comes to service. RCI had a slight advantage over entertainment, but Carnival edges out with their concentration on comedians. RCI wins out on innovation and decor outright, but carnival's style is an either love it or hate it motif.

These are only slight edges here and there. There is no clear winner so I will continue to cruise both lines and other lines as well.

Maybe the $300 mil they are spending on fire safety and system redundancy upgrades

But someone new, posting how Carnival is so much better, I question:confused:

Merry Xmas to you and Patti

They may have spent $300 million on fire safety but for the most part it isn't installed yet. So there's no reason to feel safer yet.

Merry Christmas to you and Lisa, too.

Could you compare entertainment between the two cruise lines?

Yes. I found live music around the ship on both lines. The shows were better on Royal Caribbean but the comedy shows were great with Carnival. Carnival also had more daytime activities. Overall, while I would give the edge to royal on entertainment, Carnival is just a hair behind

I LOVED the look on the Breeze. When CCL first announced a new designer for the ships and posted pictures, I thought it looked boring, but it is lovely once you experience the new colors. Loved the blues over the orange hues in the cabins. The hallways are SO much better.

How did you think the entertainment compared? I've always heard RC is top notch.

The Breeze is the best decorated ship I have EVER been on!

RC entertainment was a hair better than carnival, but not better than ncl. I thought daytime entertainment was the best on carnival. Evening shows entertainment was very good with carnival, just a step behind royal. However, it is so close that I wouldn't base a cruising decision off of entertainment.

Can understand that, weird post ,if she. Likes carnival...great ,but why tell us about it, again ,done both ,and would never do carnival again...

That's not surprising. We had done 2 RCCL cruises, had a third booked, and decided on inserting a CCL cruise in between with a deal we couldn't pass.

It was like the bottom dropped out of CCL between our 2 CCL cruises, like we accidentally booked on a generic line. It resembled nothing from the previous.

Wow, like they say everyone has different taste and opinions. I've done a few Carnival cruises and to me the ships look like disco's with all the neon lights. The food I agree was better, the suites are terrible, and you get nothing for being in a suite. The buffets are terrible, the people are also very different. I prefer Celebrity but still sail Royal as well. I'm happy you had a such great cruise, and like I say no cruise is a bad cruise, just some are better than others. Happy cruising!

I always love it when people post that the people who sail CCL are "different" than those who sail RCCL or Celebrity. That can be taken and/or interpreted many different ways.:rolleyes: