best day to buy an expensive watch on ship special sales or the last day?

sinned19

If you purchase on board make sure you claim full amo unt on your customs card.

I was on Oasis of the seas in October and purchased a Tag....those of us that were sent to secondary all had made jewellery purchases over a $1000.

RCCL had sent customs info. on purchases made on board.

yes everyone should claim proper amounts, but ticked me off a company would provide customs with what I feel is private info. wont purchase on board again...since carnival owns RCL im sure they do the same.just a heads up

If you purchase on board make sure you claim full amo unt on your customs card.

I was on Oasis of the seas in October and purchased a Tag....those of us that were sent to secondary all had made jewellery purchases over a $1000.

RCCL had sent customs info. on purchases made on board.

yes everyone should claim proper amounts, but ticked me off a company would provide customs with what I feel is private info. wont purchase on board again...since carnival owns RCL im sure they do the same.just a heads up

It is always advised to report what you buy. A few years ago we bought a Patek watch for my wife. We declared it. We went thru customs and were sent to a seperate room to pay the duty. While in there another passenger was being interogated for not declaring some merchandise. They lost it, paid a huge fine and etc. We had a nice chat with the agent and found out a lot of interesting facts. They are trained to spot items and are not idiots. Our duty was over $1800 The agent asked if he could see the watch and called a lot of other agents over to look at it. He probably thought that we were crazy paying that much for a watch and wanted others to see it to believe it. He also told us how smart we were in declaring it. I have paid a lot for that info thru the years and I am not going to disclose on how they know what you purchased. I will tell you this for free, declare what you bought.

.💰

It is always advised to report what you buy. A few years ago we bought a Patek watch for my wife. We declared it. We went thru customs and were sent to a seperate room to pay the duty. While in there another passenger was being interogated for not declaring some merchandise. They lost it, paid a huge fine and etc. We had a nice chat with the agent and found out a lot of interesting facts. They are trained to spot items and are not idiots. Our duty was over $1800 The agent asked if he could see the watch and called a lot of other agents over to look at it. He probably thought that we were crazy paying that much for a watch and wanted others to see it to believe it. He also told us how smart we were in declaring it. I have paid a lot for that info thru the years and I am not going to disclose on how they know what you purchased. I will tell you this for free, declare what you bought.

They do not keep your items(unless they are not legal) ,customs just wants you to think they will so they can raise the value of your items and extort money from you if you "pay the tax" you can keep them and then try to scare you saying you are on the "list" now.This was about 10 cruises ago and have not been searched since

I was looking for a Citizen gold/silver watch on the ship. Didn't end up buying one there. Came home, went to a Kohls (Dept. store we have around us), they had a sale, I had a 30% off coupon, got a good deal. I did better than I would have on the ship.

Similar to my watch

EW0894-57D.jpg