best day to buy an expensive watch on ship special sales or the last day?

sinned19

The fine watches do not go on sale, the price is the same throughout the cruise. Seiko are 35% of the RRP and citizen 44%. They have a watch night during the cruise where the watches are promoted, but they remain the same price the whole cruise.

There is also leeway to "barter" with the prices. We have purchased watches before on the ship and have always negotiated a lower price. If not, you can get good prices on some of the islands depending on where you are sailing to.

The fine watches do not go on sale' date=' the price is the same throughout the cruise. Seiko are 35% of the RRP and citizen 44%. They have a watch night during the cruise where the watches are promoted, but they remain the same price the whole cruise.[/quote']

Not true prices can be negotiated throughout the cruise.The jewelery shops are not run through Carnival but through an outside company and they do have a little "play"

Citizen has been 40% off MSRP for years not 44%,maybe your thinking 40% plus sales tax

I have found the watches that CCL sell are no bargain from the retail.

I own a few high end watches and know the value of watches.

You will do better buying online from a reputable source.

Can you show me where to buy 2014 model Citizen Ecodrives for almost 50% off (including sales tax) off MSR. I have never been able to find them that cheap

Can you show me where to buy 2014 model Citizen Ecodrives for almost 50% off (including sales tax) off MSR. I have never been able to find them that cheap

I heard/seen 50% deals. The question is, How high did they inflate the original price to offer a 50% off savings?

I have 4 Breitlings and I never get better deals then online.

I also own an Invicta and I priced it while on the Glory just to compare pricing. It Was much more then what I paid.

Well, what does the watch actually sell for retail?

Edited by limoguy1

I heard/seen 50% deals. The question is, How high did they inflate the original price to offer a 50% off savings?

I have 4 Breitlings and I never get better deals then online.

I also own an Invicta and I priced it while on the Glory just to compare pricing. It Was much more then what I paid.

Well, what does the watch actually sell for retail?

I only buy Citizen onboard so cant really say about other brands but they sell 40% off U.S MSRP they are not inflated prices. I have a lot of watches myself but wasn't thinking the OP was looking to spend a few grand on a watch ,just something nice

As far as Invicta I thought you know watches :) not a fan

I have found the watches that CCL sell are no bargain from the retail.

I own a few high end watches and know the value of watches.

You will do better buying online from a reputable source.

Read the post, the poster said "High end", not "moderately priced".

I only buy Citizen onboard so cant really say about other brands but they sell 40% off U.S MSRP they are not inflated prices. I have a lot of watches myself but wasn't thinking the OP was looking to spend a few grand on a watch ,just something nice

As far as Invicta I thought you know watches :) not a fan

Nothing wrong with Invicta's. Did I say it was the best watch? No

I have Breitlings, Movado's, Tag's but like to wear different watches.

There are many reputable jewellers (particularly in St. Maarten) where you can do better than the on-board prices.

In August we purchased a Citizen for a about 20% less than the best Carnival sale price. I also purchased a Jaguar watch (which are not sold on board), for far less than any on-line or retail price I could find when I got home.

Nothing wrong with Invicta's. Did I say it was the best watch? No

I have Breitlings, Movado's, Tag's but like to wear different watches.

I am the same but cannot make myself buy a brand of watch that I can buy from amazon for 90% off MSRP

Go to the shopping people onboard that tell you the places in port to shop. Tell them what you are looking for and they will help you get a good deal. I had a friend buy a expensive watch and save a lot more then they would have saved on the ship.

Go to the shopping people onboard that tell you the places in port to shop. Tell them what you are looking for and they will help you get a good deal. I had a friend buy a expensive watch and save a lot more then they would have saved on the ship.

The shopping "guides" onboard are paid to have you buy items from partners such as Diamond International and the ship also has a best price guarantee as well

Edited by mikel24m

Not true prices can be negotiated throughout the cruise.The jewelery shops are not run through Carnival but through an outside company and they do have a little "play"

Citizen has been 40% off MSRP for years not 44%,maybe your thinking 40% plus sales tax

Not true, the onboard shops do not have any "play" in the prices. They are a standard price fleet wide on every item sold in the stores, and the prices are set by head office in Miami. In my 8 years working onboard IN the shops! there has never once been a price negotiation on a single item! they are set prices for a reason as when an item is bargained for how does one ever actually know the correct value on the item?

I could open a shop and sell an item worth $100 for $300 but because you bargained me down from $500 you think you got a great deal. :rolleyes:

Not true' date=' the onboard shops do not have any "play" in the prices. They are a standard price fleet wide on every item sold in the stores, and the prices are set by head office in Miami. In my 8 years working onboard IN the shops! there has never once been a price negotiation on a single item! they are set prices for a reason as when an item is bargained for how does one ever actually know the correct value on the item?

I could open a shop and sell an item worth $100 for $300 but because you bargained me down from $500 you think you got a great deal. :rolleyes:[/quote']

8 years working in the shops ? I guess in 8 years you didn't learn the prices were 40% off MSRP not 44% ;)

I can tell you for a fact you can negotiate an extra % off if you speak with the store manager. I did it my last cruise.I didn't buy the watches but could have gotten another 5% off my purchase and fragrances and/or liquor free with my purchase but she wouldn't give me the bottle I wanted so I passed.She offered me a free Johnny Walker black and I wanted Johnny Blue

I don't work for the company and have no reason to lie

Son-in-law was interested in one on The Triumph (just off yesterday) sale was 35% off. They went back the last day & the one he was interested in was gone. The lady said they might have one in the back. She comes back with one of the Carnival cardboard liquor boxes. Opens it & has about 20 watches in plastic bags, not in boxes. She found 1 & DD noticed a scratch on it, pulled out another one & it was scratched also.

They ended up not buying one. Watch was somewhere around $300-400, not positive since I wasn't buying... They found the same watch at Jared for $60 more (tax included) this morning.

I also purchased a Jaguar watch (which are not sold on board), for far less than any on-line or retail price I could find when I got home.

Just off the Ecstacy and the Jaguar watches were for sale on board.

Also...I have only seen the Citizen ecodrives (which I just purchased) for sale at 35%...not at 40 :( I would have liked the extra 5% dicount.

If you have a particular watch in mind check out the prices at home and on the Internet first.

I just got off of a cruise and just on a whim we bought a Philip Stein Wine Wand and a Sleep bracelet from DI, they gave the standard discount that every store gives o that brand. Found them about $50 and $80 dollars cheaper on line. Not really a lot to get upset about but it was no bargain for those looking for a great bargain or steal.

Was looking at some Patek watches and found one that I was interested in. I was very close to purchasing it but I didn't have the proper credit cards plus the duty would have added another $1500 to $2000 to the cost and that also needs to be paid I cash or credit card. I passed as we will be going back in March. Looked on line at a few of the fine watch dealers that I have dealt with and seen the same one and it available. Called and got a price $2800 cheaper plus there won't be a duty.

Edited by miched

Not jewelry but first cruise I lost my camera first day. :rolleyes: anyway, I was at the ships mercy and had to buy one on the ship. Got the Olympia and had to pay full price. Found the same one in st Maarten WAY cheaper, but what could I do. Anyway, my point is with a gazillion different watches ( or other jewelry) how could you possibly know if its a good deal? Unless you can access the internet and find the exact make or model, there is no way to know. Me, I wouldn't buy any of them on the ship.

The shopping "guides" onboard are paid to have you buy items from partners such as Diamond International and the ship also has a best price guarantee as well

Thats not 100% true. My friend used the shopping guides and we went to a few different stores of our choice. They helped negotiate a few $1000 off a Breitling.