Legend OTS Cabin Question

jackinav

Can anyone help us answer this question? We've been upgraded to deck 6 on Legend. An RC agent told us it was a balcony, but when looking at deck plans and cabin descriptions on other sites, as well as pictures of the exterior of the ship, it looks like it may still be an Oceanview cabin on a higher floor.

Has anyone been in cabin 6000 on Legend? If so, does it have a balcony?

Thank you!:confused:

From a well-known website ....

"Legend of the Seas cabin 6000 is a Large Stateroom with Oceanview Picture Window cabin located in the Forward section of the ship. Located on Deck 6, Legend of the Seas stateroom 6000 features the Large Stateroom with Oceanview Picture Window on the Legend of the Seas has a picture window."

Is that what you wanted to know? :)

Thanks Summersigh, The confusion comes from seeing it described on a number of websites as having a window (oceanview only)- as you discovered, but RC's site calls it an Oceanview with a balcony. Knowing that Legend was recently re-furbished, I'm hoping that someone who was recently on her could confirm what type of cabin it is.

Can anyone help us answer this question? We've been upgraded to deck 6 on Legend. An RC agent told us it was a balcony, but when looking at deck plans and cabin descriptions on other sites, as well as pictures of the exterior of the ship, it looks like it may still be an Oceanview cabin on a higher floor.

Has anyone been in cabin 6000 on Legend? If so, does it have a balcony?

Thank you!:confused:

Just off the Legend Members Cruise. Let me warn you the E2 balcony cabins on deck 6 don't have any storage space, just 3 small drawers, no fridge, and the safe takes up a lot of room in the closet. Whoever designed these add on balcony rooms should be forced to stay in one for a year. However it's still better than a room without a balcony! I wasn't in cabin 6000 but was on deck 6 and I can assure you it is a Balcony cabin Edited by FLACRUISER99

My son had a gty balcony and was assigned 6000 which is an E2 balcony. I got him moved quickly to another E2, as 6000 is right over the Anchors Aweigh Lounge and they are not night owls. He had 6106, we wanted him more aft as it looked like there was an easy staircase he could access to us on Deck 8 aft. the staircase was for crew only. grrrrrrrrrrr

My son had a gty balcony and was assigned 6000 which is an E2 balcony. I got him moved quickly to another E2, as 6000 is right over the Anchors Aweigh Lounge and they are not night owls. He had 6106, we wanted him more aft as it looked like there was an easy staircase he could access to us on Deck 8 aft. the staircase was for crew only. grrrrrrrrrrr
Funny I was in 6606 - same cabin on the starboard side and was told the same thing about the staircase by the RCI C&A CSR.

Just did the 12/12 Legend where we also were upgraded from an outside to a deck six balcony. We certainly enjoyed the balcony, that's the good news to report. We were thrilled that the fairy picked us.

The deck six outsides had balconies added on during the refurb. Our balconies stuck out further than the other recessed balconies on the other floors. Ours was W I N D Y, but it was a free upgrade so I can't complain about that part. Ours was the first cabin forward on the starboard side so I guess we were helping to block the wind for everyone else.

We compared our deck six balcony with friends deck three outside cabin.

They had twice as much storage, even our luggage did not fit under the bed taking up much needed closet space. Our safe was tucked in the closet behind clothes where theirs was located in a cabinet in their cabin with other shelves available. They had a sofa, we had a chair. We had three small side desk drawers, they had those as well as three large deep drawers.

DH and I disagree about this cabin. I say I'd sail in it again, he says he'd stick with an outside next time or pay the extra for a balcony on any other floor than six.

I hope you enjoy your balcony! :) Another plus. . . we heard nothing from the lounge below us.

Edited by CruiseKeeper

Thanks for the heads-up Trekker954 and FLACRUISER99. Extra motion and noise probably won't bother us much because it's been a while since we've had a balcony and we're delighted by the upgrade. I guess we'll just have to pack light and try to figure out where to put everything!

Just did the 12/12 Legend where we also were upgraded from an outside to a deck six balcony. We certainly enjoyed the balcony, that's the good news to report. We were thrilled that the fairy picked us.

The deck six outsides had balconies added on during the refurb. Our balconies stuck out further than the other recessed balconies on the other floors. Ours was W I N D Y, but it was a free upgrade so I can't complain about that part. Ours was the first cabin forward on the starboard side so I guess we were helping to block the wind for everyone else.

We compared our deck six balcony with friends deck three outside cabin.

They had twice as much storage, even our luggage did not fit under the bed taking up much needed closet space. Our safe was tucked in the closet behind clothes where theirs was located in a cabinet in their cabin with other shelves available. They had a sofa, we had a chair. We had three small side desk drawers, they had those as well as three large deep drawers.

DH and I disagree about this cabin. I say I'd sail in it again, he says he'd stick with an outside next time or pay the extra for a balcony on any other floor than six.

I hope you enjoy your balcony! :) Another plus. . . we heard nothing from the lounge below us.

Thank you for the feedback! I think we'll be the wind-blockers for everyone on the port side as we're the first forward balcony. You've helped me decide to sit out formal nights on this cruise and bring very little clothing. I'm with you - storage is secondary to having a balcony!:)

Thank you for the feedback! I think we'll be the wind-blockers for everyone on the port side as we're the first forward balcony. You've helped me decide to sit out formal nights on this cruise and bring very little clothing. I'm with you - storage is secondary to having a balcony!:)

Congrats on your upgrade! :D

Does anyone have any pictures of these new 6th deck balcony cabins? I'm very curious now!

Sorry, didn't bother with cabin pics this cruise. You are going with the right attitude, what can be wrong with a free upgrade?! Enjoy your balcony.

Edited by CruiseKeeper