Those were the days......

MargoK

LOL Cruise Me Crazy, what a great post! Yep, I'm a bit of a fatalist just like your companions on that tender. I reckon that when you're number is up ... well, it UP! LMFO! And on a great cruise ... wouldn't that be a great way to go?

As an aside, my beloved parents both died in their early 50's. I'm happy to report I'm still here in my mid-60's. So I take every day as it comes (and because of that, I shake the bejeeeezus out each day!) and am about to embark on my 2nd cruise. As a young child my dear Dad would take me on a walk, on a hot summer's night down to Station Pier in Melbourne to look at the ocean liners that might be in port at the time. I'm talking mid-50's and there would be maybe an old P & O ocean liner that would have been full of 10 pound poms, or maybe even a Cunard vessel tied up in port. Back then we could get a very close up view of the ship and Dad would say ... "One day Babe, we're going to go on a ship like this ...!!!"

Well of course we never did. LOL, never enough money. Back then these ships seemed to only ply their trade from here and back to the *cough* "Old Country*. But how glamourous they were! Fortunately Dad did get to travel ... and wahooo, did he love to FLY! :D

But I can state that on my very first cruise last April as I sailed under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and out through the Heads I raised a couple of glasses to me dear old Dad and actually said out loud ... "Willie me darlin', this one's for you!". I know he was watching down 'cause we had super smoothe seas and no problems whatsever!!! Gotta love a dreamer!:)

LC. I am smiling at your post. Yes you are right to shake the hindleg off every day as one of them will be your last, as it will be for all of us one day! :)

Hubs n I were actually saying that when we go, we wouldn't be too upset if it happened on a holiday, on a cruise, doing what we love, even better.

I do agree cruising years ago was very glamorous. The Posidean Adventure put me off for many years, snuck out of bed and watched parts of it years ago!!! :D

LOL Cruise Me Crazy, what a great post! Yep, I'm a bit of a fatalist just like your companions on that tender. I reckon that when you're number is up ... well, it UP! LMFO! And on a great cruise ... wouldn't that be a great way to go?

As an aside, my beloved parents both died in their early 50's. I'm happy to report I'm still here in my mid-60's. So I take every day as it comes (and because of that, I shake the bejeeeezus out each day!) and am about to embark on my 2nd cruise. As a young child my dear Dad would take me on a walk, on a hot summer's night down to Station Pier in Melbourne to look at the ocean liners that might be in port at the time. I'm talking mid-50's and there would be maybe an old P & O ocean liner that would have been full of 10 pound poms, or maybe even a Cunard vessel tied up in port. Back then we could get a very close up view of the ship and Dad would say ... "One day Babe, we're going to go on a ship like this ...!!!"

Well of course we never did. LOL, never enough money. Back then these ships seemed to only ply their trade from here and back to the *cough* "Old Country*. But how glamourous they were! Fortunately Dad did get to travel ... and wahooo, did he love to FLY! :D

But I can state that on my very first cruise last April as I sailed under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and out through the Heads I raised a couple of glasses to me dear old Dad and actually said out loud ... "Willie me darlin', this one's for you!". I know he was watching down 'cause we had super smoothe seas and no problems whatsever!!! Gotta love a dreamer!:)

Nice memories and thanks for sharing.:D