Inspiration

nixonzm

My old lady bought me a cruise for Xmas. Unfortunately, due to a new baby, we have to do a 3 day trip from long beach. Is this ship a wise choice? I've never done a short cruise, so I am not sure what to expect. Any feedback helps.

I did the 4 day on Inspiration back in October, it was awesome... Loved it... The 3 day will most likely be a booze cruise. One of my favorite things that I did was to sit in the hot tub out on serenity deck while we sailed away from Ensenada.

I enjoy 4 nighters. 3 nighters not so much. Just too short and they consistently seem to attract a different breed of passenger (and not in a good way).

We've sailed on the Inspiration several times since she's been on the West Coast. Sailing again on her in February.

Hard to say what your crowd will be like. Besides our 4day Spring Break cruise last March, the wildest cruise was a 4day end-of-January cruise on the Paradise (same itin). It was even wilder than our 3day July cruise.

She does not have the bells and whistles as the new ships but she has a pretty decent waterslide aft.

Hate the bathroom setup and the Purpleworms in the buffet are 'interesting'.

She will one of the four test ships for the new menu starting sometime in February.

The West Coast board has hotel info.

Parking at the pier is $17.

Edited by SadieN

She does not have the bells and whistles as the new ships but she has a pretty decent waterslide aft.

So how many folks use the waterslide? Surely, less than 1%

The worms in the buffet are really hideous. Amazing that Carnival paid some designer for this. The ships decor and layout in general are almost laughable.

We have been on Inspiration multple times because of price and port. If you close your eyes, you will be o.k..

Seriously, if you get a great price for Inspiration, enjoy.

Cruised on her many times in the last few years. Staff is friendly and crew is fun.

The worms they refer to remind me of Usula in little mermaid.

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

Agree with everything. She's not the fanciest ship in the fleet but she will show you a good time.

If she was truly awful we wouldn't have cruise #6 on her in February.

I sailed her 3 times this year, twice in the last month or so. She just got out of dry dock in November and is nice and fresh. I am not a drinker, maybe one or two the entire weekend. I never had any problems or issues with the party goers. Cabin location is important. I love aft cabins where you don't have people walking by at all hours of the day and night. I hung out in the lounge watching football and still never had an issue. Go, take a good attitude with you and you will have a great time!

Granted, I've only been on 2 classes of Carnival ships, but I prefer the fantasy class, and I LIKE the Inspiration. I don't really care about the decor, what I care about is my food good/can I find something I like, is my room clean, is my bed comfy, is there something to do besides lay in a hot tub or take a nap or read my book?? I'm pretty easy.

If you want to find quiet time on a 3 day cruise, you will be able to find it, just not on the Lido by the pool or the pool bars. I've been on a bunch of the 3 day cruises from Long Beach, and the funny part is, I don't drink. I have NEVER had a problem finding a nice quiet spot to read if I'd like? Yep. Can I relax without drunks bothering me?? Yep. Even sitting next to the pool on the sea day.

The 3 day cruise is what you make of it. Relax, know that someone else is cleaning up after you and making all your food, and all you have to decide is when and where you want to eat and what you want to wear.