Old Royal Caribbean Cabin Key

duca1222

Does anyone know what RC used prior to the SeaPass to enter cabins? I know Carnival used these cards with holes punched out. If anyone has old RC stuff that has changed please post it!!

Royal did use the same type of cards as Carnival with the holes punched out. I remember my first cruise where we used the "sea pass" card as our room entry card as well. It was awesome not having to carry around "both".

My first Royal cruise was in 2000 and they did have the plastic sea passes for the purchases. (with the separate card to get into the cabin). On NCL, it was a paper sea pass card that would get tattered, torn and wet. They seemed to be the last to upgrade to the "standard" card.

On RC, you used to get C&A gifts each cruise. We have a collection of the tote bags with the ship name as well as picture frames. I do wish they would still have something like that for all tiers. I thought they were rewarding, at least as a Gold and Platinum member. I can see how those that travelled on many cruises a year felt they were not useful. It's too bad they couldn't continue for the lower tiers though.

I have a few of the old gray holes in card key cards... but better than that I have an actual cabin key!!! Back from the old days of keys... real honest to goodness keys!!! :) Ok.. I have way too much stuff...

What about ship shape dollars given to those who would simply line dance poolside lol. Love vintage royal!

I used to have a Ship Shape t-shirt. It was WAY too big on me, but by the time I cashed in my dollars, XXL was the only size left. I slept in it for years. When I was pregnant with my 2nd child (1st girl), I was incapacitated by morning sickness for several months. It became a running joke with my husband when I wore my "I'm Ship Shape" XXL t-shirt because I was anything but ship shape.

I sailed on the Viking Serenade with RCCI 18 years ago and here is the key we used on the ship. It is called a Ving Card! We had a separate Sea Pass for charges.:D

Thank you so much for posting that. That's awesome!!

Edited by jsquaredfl

I used to have a Ship Shape t-shirt. It was WAY too big on me, but by the time I cashed in my dollars, XXL was the only size left. I slept in it for years. When I was pregnant with my 2nd child (1st girl), I was incapacitated by morning sickness for several months. It became a running joke with my husband when I wore my "I'm Ship Shape" XXL t-shirt because I was anything but ship shape.

My last one gave out about 3years ago, really liked the yellow color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our first cruise in 1991, we had a key, looked just like a regular house or hotel key from the time period, sea pass card did not have a magnetic, encoded strip and it was very important to review your room charges as mistakes were very common.

Does anyone know what RC used prior to the SeaPass to enter cabins? I know Carnival used these cards with holes punched out. If anyone has old RC stuff that has changed please post it!!

Our first cruise was on the Sun Viking and we used a room key. A key as in insert in lock to open. :)