Dining package question

If choosing the three restaurant dining package that includes Izumi , does that entitle you to having no additional charges for the entrees you choose? Normally there is a cover charge of $5.95 plus each entree has it's own price. The package description does not make that issue clear.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

We are going on the Grandeuer OS in January.

Thanks, Joe

If choosing the three restaurant dining package that includes Izumi , does that entitle you to having no additional charges for the entrees you choose? Normally there is a cover charge of $5.95 plus each entree has it's own price. The package description does not make that issue clear.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

We are going on the Grandeuer OS in January.

Thanks, Joe

Last I heard you get a $20 allowance at Izumi. The cover charge comes out fo the allowance so it only leaves you around $15 for entrees. You will be charged extra if you exceed the allowance.

Last I heard you get a $20 allowance at Izumi. The cover charge comes out fo the allowance so it only leaves you around $15 for entrees. You will be charged extra if you exceed the allowance.

As an interesting note, we purchased a dining package that included Izumi on Allure of the Seas. While there, we ordered one of their combination meals that was around $17, so the total with the $5 cover charge was $22. The server noted that we only went over the $20 allowance by a few dollars, so we were presented with a $0 check.

While I can't say that this would happen in the future, it was very kind of the server to acknowledge our $20 allowance and keep the dinner price within that limit.

As an interesting note, we purchased a dining package that included Izumi on Allure of the Seas. While there, we ordered one of their combination meals that was around $17, so the total with the $5 cover charge was $22. The server noted that we only went over the $20 allowance by a few dollars, so we were presented with a $0 check.

While I can't say that this would happen in the future, it was very kind of the server to acknowledge our $20 allowance and keep the dinner price within that limit.

I agree, it was a very nice gesture on their part to waive the overage.

All of these answers are correct, but this is cruise critic, right? So while the facts are straight, I gotta throw my opinion out there on this subject.

If purchasing a dining package and committing X amount of time to pay them for a meal in the future, does it still seem a bit tacky to subtract the "walk in" fee from the credit offered? It just strikes me as odd to offer a per person credit for dining and then still pull that fee out out of the credit. Or why not say "$15 per person credit; dining fee waived". It's the same in the end $$ wise but doesn't seem as tacky. I do admit I am really looking forward to Izumi and I don't mind paying the overage, I just think RCI is being a tiny bit sleazy with how they advertise the credit amount.

I'm not sure I can think of another dining venue on the ship where you can pre-pay as part of a package and still have to "pay" to walk in to that venue. Anyone? Bueller?

Does Izumi's do take out? (I'm kidding...sort of:D)

All of these answers are correct, but this is cruise critic, right? So while the facts are straight, I gotta throw my opinion out there on this subject.

If purchasing a dining package and committing X amount of time to pay them for a meal in the future, does it still seem a bit tacky to subtract the "walk in" fee from the credit offered? It just strikes me as odd to offer a per person credit for dining and then still pull that fee out out of the credit. Or why not say "$15 per person credit; dining fee waived". It's the same in the end $$ wise but doesn't seem as tacky. I do admit I am really looking forward to Izumi and I don't mind paying the overage, I just think RCI is being a tiny bit sleazy with how they advertise the credit amount.

I'm not sure I can think of another dining venue on the ship where you can pre-pay as part of a package and still have to "pay" to walk in to that venue. Anyone? Bueller?

Does Izumi's do take out? (I'm kidding...sort of:D)

You pay the "cover charge" for all the restaurants, it's just how Izumi is set up that makes it look different. The cover charge includes the server tip.