Reviews--what do you like?

happybooker1

Do you like lots of pics? Of the ship, dinners, or ports?

Would you rather read a "port based" review or a "ship based" review? Or equally divided?

Do you want to know the name of the CD? Detailed info about the shows & entertainment?

Can a review be too long or too short? Just curious.

I like pic's of excursions, I like your opinion and the opinion of those you talked to about the food quality, condition of ship. ships crew attitude. I don't care who the CD is, or the Captain as long as it isn't the one from the Costa Concordia. I also like to hear if they have a dedicated cigar lounge. I loved the one on the Queen Elizabeth . I also like to hear if they have guest speakers.

I prefer a good overall review that covers all aspects; dining, ports and the ship. Well balanced and good explanations of why you felt a certain way (not just an "it sucked" or "the food was bad" comments). A quick summary in the beginning is good, pictures following is even better. I think many of us (including myself) always enjoy seeing pictures of the food and menus in addition to the other activities.

I prefer shorter, more concise reviews with some, but not dozens or hundreds of photos. I definitely do not want to see menus or pictures of food, care who the CD or captain is, or want to know more than the basics of the trip to the port, hotels, etc.

Balanced opinions without hyperbole are great. If a review goes on and on for many pages, I give up on it.

Humor helps, and most importantly paragraphs! If a review has few if any paragraphs, I just won't read it.

Over-the-top praise or especially nit-picky criticism makes me skeptical about the whole review. It's hard to believe someone whose cruise is 'ruined' by a less than perfect meal or a little rust on the balcony.

First off, I absolutely love your screen name!

In a review I like to hear both about the ship and the ports. I think the ports seem to get the short end of the stick in a review. I also like pictures, although I like the ones with people having a good time in them, not just scenery or stuff (if that makes sense)

Everyone has different ideas on what a review should contain. If you go to the Preisman's website, http://thepreismans.com, Mike and Carol include a ton of pictures about the ship.

I even made a point of meeting them when I was visiting my mom in Florida. They are really charming people.

Our website is more about the ports, but I am starting to include more ship pictures.

I also prefer reviews that are short and to the point. Many so-called reviews are more like travelogues or blow-by-blow narratives. In other words, I would distinguish between "reviews" and "blogs." While I certainly respect the effort that people have gone to, I rarely have the time or interest to read the latter. Just my opinion... :-)

Edited by mtwingcpa

Do you like lots of pics? Of the ship, dinners, or ports?

Would you rather read a "port based" review or a "ship based" review? Or equally divided?

Do you want to know the name of the CD? Detailed info about the shows & entertainment?

Can a review be too long or too short? Just curious.

1) A very few pictures are OK;

2) I do not want any pictures of the hotel you stayed in, your family, your dog, the things you saw on the way to the cruise, the stuff you you saw in the city you left from; the restaurants you ate at before the cruise; etc.;

3) I do not want any pictures of what you ate on the ship;

4) I do not even want to know what you ate unless it was spectacularly good or horribly bad;

5) I do not care what you did every minute of the cruise;

6) Be brief. This is a review, not a diary. A review should be one post only and one page max describing what was good and what was bad;

7) I do not want to know about the 6 months planning process you took before the cruise;

8) A review can never be too short; it is almost always way too long.

DON