Excursion Cost: Champagne & Lobster cruise excursion on Grenada

Domino1

Hi, Can anyone on Eclipse tell me what the current cost is for this excusion in US dollars please. We are sailing in March and I'm trying to decide whether to book in advance in sterling or take my chances and book once onboard and therefore pay in Dollars!

Thank you, amanda

Its listed a $145 USD. Sounds like fun! You also might want to check the sister site, Trip Advisor for more options. Just key in Grenada as your destination, then click 'things to do'. We use this feature to book almost all of our excursions now; they are just as good or better than ones through the ship, and many times, less expensive, and you can read many individual reviews on each!

We did this excursion a couple years back in Grenada - it was a lovely day (except for the extremely drunk woman who, after asking me what I did for a living and learning I was a physician decided to scream at me how much she hated doctors) - the champagne (actually sparkling wine as it was not from France) was actually good - free flowing wine and rum punch - the lunch of grilled lobster on the beach was very good - and could not have asked for a lovelier setting. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not hugely crowded being a cruise ship excursion - but it was not crowded at all...

Also among one of the easiest excursions to get to - a small van takes you through Georgetown straight to the marina - 10 to 15 minute drive max.... Would do this again in a heart beat - though we're hiking to seven sisters next time we go (which is in a little less than a month!)

Oh... and it cost $145 US when we went - we thought it was worth every penny - We have certainly spent more for less before!

Edited by Jborosara
more information

We also did this excursion in April of 2013. I'm not sure if we paid $145 or slightly more. It was a bit $$$ but it was worth it and was one of the highlights of our 14 day cruise. As mentioned it's not really champagne and some of the lobster was better than others - I think it was precooked when they put it on the grill. But the catamaran was very nice and so much fun sailing on. We loved this excursion and may do it again in 2015.

We've done this excursion three times and love it. It is done by the Shadowfax which you can find info on by Googling Shadowfax Grenada. I have photos and brief reviews in my photo site here and here. and also a few pictures here. There is a snorkeling stop, a nice long sail (sails up & motor off for the most part) and the lobster lunch at a beach. The lobster is the best I've had in the Caribbean.

The current cost in US dollars is $145/pp.

Edited by Lsimon

I'd love to do this excursion but DH is allergic to fish and shellfish - do they serve chicken or or any additional munchies so he will have something he can eat as well?

The excursion listing says you can have grilled chicken, fish, or veggies but must give them 24 hours notice through the excursion desk.

Jb. I wonder how she would have reacted when she discovered that I am a retired trial attorney.

Probably exactly the same way...I was actually talking to an attorney from NYC at the time... She completely and utterly deserted me...can't say I blamed her though:-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Jb. I wonder how she would have reacted when she discovered that I am a retired trial attorney.

The doctor hater was obnoxious in every way.... Made some older people on the tour move to the back of the van because of alleged back problems, then got rip roaring drunk and danced, twisting and turning all the way back from the beach... Back looked fine to me....but what do I know....I'm only a doctor...:-)

My husband snorkels always. I'm not a great swimmer so it depends on water conditions. We always book snorkel trips and sometimes I snorkel and sometimes I lay on the boat and sometimes a little of both. I was able to snorkel on this one. The lobster and service was awesome worth every penny. They did not overbook the boat.

Can you enjoy this if you do can not snorkel ?

Yes, there was a group of 8 of us and a couple just chose to lay back on the netting and relax while others snorkeled. As someone else said, too, it wasn't overly crowded. Plenty of room for everyone.

Can you enjoy this if you do can not snorkel ?

Yes - this is an all day excursion and the snorkeling is about 40 min at the beginning. The rest is a pleasant day sail to Hog island where there is a lunch and beach. Although from the current description they might have changed the snorkeling location so order might be different. You can call and ask the vender directly (Google Shadowfax Grenada) if this is important to you. The times we've gone there has always been a good number of people who did not snorkel.

it was a lovely day (except for the extremely drunk woman who, after asking me what I did for a living and learning I was a physician decided to scream at me how much she hated doctors)

My answer to that reply from her would have been:

"No worries Madame. Given that I am the coroner I am certain that if you ever need my services you will be completely satisfied but if you aren't do feel free to complain."

It usually quiets them very quickly.

considering this tour. Is there time to stop at the Spice market after the tour or is there anywhere at the port to purchase spices after the tour. thanks

The spice market is a 2-3 minute walk from the entrance to the port.

There are vendors at the entrance to the port, but a wider selection and interesting displays are at the spice market.

You have to walk thru the port building-it is like an long enclosed shopping arcade-and once you exit, bear to your left slightly and go up the first street on your right. Ask anyone, the people are very friendly, and will direct you. The spice market is on your left in about 2 blocks. Watch your step, it is not the smoothest sidewalk.

Take small bills. The vendors gladly accept dollars.

Have a great cruise!