Oasis Dry Dock?

Oasis will go to Europe for her dry dock this fall.

There were rumors of Allure taking her drydock because of the propulsion issues, but instead, Royal Caribbean cancelled an Allure sailing in order to repair the ship in February.

Oasis will go to Europe for her dry dock this fall.

There were rumors of Allure taking her drydock because of the propulsion issues, but instead, Royal Caribbean cancelled an Allure sailing in order to repair the ship in February.

Fall meaning- Sept./Oct?

When they go to dry dock, as they are heading to wherever they are going, do they have guest on board?

The ship will have guests onboard for the Eastbound Transatlantic and a few European cruises, which will end in Rotterdam. From there she will be in drydock with no guests and then board guests for a Westbound Transatlantic back to Fort Lauderdale when she will resume Caribbean cruises.

They are not adding anything to Oasis. But Central Park will probably have to be completely redone after the trip to Europe after all the plants die.

I doubt that. They can put portable heaters out and it really is not likely to be terribly cold yet in early October. Of course, weather can always vary, but it is unusual to hit freezing temperatures that time of year.

Port Everglades will say goodbye to Oasis on Sept 1/14. She will do a 2 night Bahamas cruise right before that.

After her eastbound transatlantic she will do some sailings in Europe and after her drydock return home from Rotterdam on Oct 14 arriving on Oct 27 to the PE inlet and terminal 18 :) Can't wait to bring this beauty back to her home in the fall. After arriving home Oct 27 she will do a 5 night cruise to get her back on her regular Sat - Sat sailings.

They are not adding anything to Oasis. But Central Park will probably have to be completely redone after the trip to Europe after all the plants die.

I remember reading a long time ago, and I am sure it was just message board rumors and conjecture, that RCI was replacing the Seafood Shack with something else on the Oasis.

Or maybe it was that RCI wasn't going to add any other Seafood Shacks to another ship in the line?

Can't remember.

Oh well. Either way, making sure the parts fit and work is the most important thing.

I remember reading a long time ago, and I am sure it was just message board rumors and conjecture, that RCI was replacing the Seafood Shack with something else on the Oasis.

Or maybe it was that RCI wasn't going to add any other Seafood Shacks to another ship in the line?

Can't remember.

Oh well. Either way, making sure the parts fit and work is the most important thing.

I read that as well. I thought the mention was Margaritaville

Edited by emmy

I read that as well. I thought the mention was Margaritaville

I remember the mention of Margaritaville too. Seems like it as talked about here for a day or so, then nothing since.

Queried it. That's what I remember reading as well. I personally don't see it happen for a true margaritaville. It would probably water down that brand and experience in the ports. A tiki bar type brew pub would be fun in any incarnation.

I remember the mention of Margaritaville too. Seems like it as talked about here for a day or so, then nothing since.

I also remember the chatter about Margaritaville. I'm pretty sure that was just speculation anyways. If Royal Caribbean was considering it and knowing that it had leaked out here to us they probably reconsidered the idea and shelved it. We all know how Royal likes to keep us guessing about new features on their ships. :D

I'm helping Emmy bring the Grand Lady O home! We'll be boarding in Southampton on October 15 th. I understand there are a lot of travel agents doing Rotterdam to Southampton. Our next stop is Vigo, Spain and then FLL.

CANT WAIT! :cool: :)

Cheryl

• 7 months later...

I wondered why the Oasis was still at Pt Everglades this past Monday. I also read that RCL is doing away with main dining and converting to

Dynamic Dining. That's fine, we've gotten away from wanting to dress and eat in the main dining rooms in the past few years. I actually prefer a more intimate setting nowdays. We ate in the main dining room on Radiance of the Seas only once last January because we were the only ones at our table for 10. We'll be on the Oasis Feb 21, 2015....going to love seeing the spiffed up ship!

I wondered why the Oasis was still at Pt Everglades this past Monday. I also read that RCL is doing away with main dining and converting to

Dynamic Dining. That's fine, we've gotten away from wanting to dress and eat in the main dining rooms in the past few years. I actually prefer a more intimate setting nowdays. We ate in the main dining room on Radiance of the Seas only once last January because we were the only ones at our table for 10. We'll be on the Oasis Feb 21, 2015....going to love seeing the spiffed up ship!

OASIS actually did leave last Saturday on a 2 night cruise to the Bahamas and returned Monday to begin her transatlantic journey. She will arrive back on Oct 27 also a Monday and then will have a 5 night cruise to put her back on her regular Saturday schedule