Best Haven Experience or Moment

Juliayn

our best experience... My nephews and brother were sitting at the bar in the haven area on ba discussing our dinner plans for one of the dining rooms that required long pants. Despite everyone being told how to pack, my 22-y/o nephew failed to pack a pair of pants. Apparently the bartender (jelli) overheard the conversation. About an hour later after everyone was back in the cabin, my sister-in-law got a call from someone in the wardrobe department (i think that's what she called it) that they heard he failed to pack long pants, and asked what size my nephew's waist was. They were going to send up a few pair of pants for him to try on, and they would tailor the pant-leg on the pair that fit the best. We were all shocked by the offer!

This was truly going above and beyond anything i've ever experienced in outstanding customer service!

wow!

I am familiar with all the standard perks that come with booking a suite in the Haven. NCL prides itself on being the best in terms of suite amenities and service. On that note, I am looking for feedback from anyone who had an extra special "perk", experience or moment as a Haven guest. This would be outside the normal amenities already provided. The more details the better!

Our Concierge - Monica Fotache - on the NCL Pearl worked with me to arrange a wonderful surprise Anniversary celebration dinner in our Haven 2BR Villa during a recent Alaska Cruise. She & her team and Redelick "Red" Nira - Cagney's steakhouse waiter who sings far better than any ship entertainer - helped me pull off the dinner. Monica and the team made sure the room was wonderfully decorated with faux candlelight, rose petals, balloons and banners while we were away from the room prior to dinner. She also arranged for "Red" to give a private rendition of love songs in our room at the start of the meal that was extremely touching and romantic . Monica and Red made me look good!

Edited by Cruisin&Relaxin

Our best experience... my nephews and brother were sitting at the bar in the Haven area on BA discussing our dinner plans for one of the dining rooms that required long pants. Despite everyone being told how to pack, my 22-y/o nephew failed to pack a pair of pants. Apparently the bartender (Jelli) overheard the conversation. About an hour later after everyone was back in the cabin, my sister-in-law got a call from someone in the wardrobe department (I think that's what she called it) that they heard he failed to pack long pants, and asked what size my nephew's waist was. They were going to send up a few pair of pants for him to try on, and they would tailor the pant-leg on the pair that fit the best. We were all shocked by the offer!

This was truly going above and beyond anything I've ever experienced in outstanding customer service!

Wow - that is awesome!

My favorite moment was on the Dawn in the Garden Villa having a private barbeque in the courtyard area of the balcony.

IMG_20130214_121901.jpg

Did they charge you anything for the BBQ in suite. We are on the Dawn twice next year and have several people with us each time and might consider doing this for one of our meals. We are on the Jewel in the GV later this month with 7 other couples but the courtyard area is so much smaller than on the Dawn and Star I'm not sure it would work.

The best experience that had to do with The Haven actually had nothing to do with The Haven itself, but with Adrian Bica, the Breakaway concierge. DW and I sailed on BA twice in a 3 month period, first time was in a Haven cabin. Our Second time The Haven was sold out before we could book. Adrian saw us sitting on the Waterfront and recognized us. He sat down and caught up with us like a long lost friend. He also was a little beside himself that we didn't stop up and say hello to him. DW and I laughed and let him know that The Haven had been booked before we could enter it. But it pleased me to no end that he stopped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Coming back from a long excursion day (visiting Disney from Port Canaveral) to see my daughter's birthday cake waiting for us in our suite. They knew that she was gluten free, so the cake was made accordingly. Also, the daily treats were always properly labeled whether or not they were gluten free so that we knew which ones she could have (those are the post-it notes on top of the plates in the picture).

IMG_0792.JPG?m=1324066287

Did they charge you anything for the BBQ in suite. We are on the Dawn twice next year and have several people with us each time and might consider doing this for one of our meals. We are on the Jewel in the GV later this month with 7 other couples but the courtyard area is so much smaller than on the Dawn and Star I'm not sure it would work.

When I was on the BA in March I was talking to the butler and we were talking about the BBQ in the GV on Dawn or Star as he had done them before. We never talked about cost but I can see how the other ships the area may be too small.

There have been pictures on here of the BBQ on either the Dawn or Star plus there are videos on youtube if you haven't seen them. I was kind of thinking you had posted them but it must have been someone else.

• 3 weeks later...

Besides all the perks already mentioned here, having just returned on the Breakaway, I can say that the service in the Haven is unsurpassed.

Hearing a light knock on your door every day, and finding your butler there asking if everything is ok, and wanting to know if you need anything at all, is a perk of the Haven I found to be best of all. It really made me feel like I was being catered to, something I am not used to at home, for sure!

I also enjoyed having a private sun deck to lounge on, and the service there. I was offered shrimp cocktail, fruit skewers, assorted snacks and cold drinks, and a cool mist spray. It was my idea of a perfect vacation!

Jacy

We were in the GV on the Dawn in 2010. We were eating at what would now be known as the Chef's Table, at that point you actually ate with the Captain. One of the other guest heard we were in the GV and asked if we had, had our BBQ. We knew nothing about it, but the Captain said they did it fairly regularly. We spoke to Anoop and he arranged it for Saturday, the sea day back from Bermuda. There was no additional charge for this and it was terrific.