2013 Christmas Cruise on Royal Princess - A Photo Review!

LittleMissMagic

I am enjoying your review. I've seen pictures in several reviews of a champagne pour in what looks like the atrium area and it looks like fun. Is this an activity that everyone can attend or is it just for past guests?

The champagne pour occurs on the first formal night and is for all guests. You can stand in line to pour champagne, and bartenders circulate the room with complimentary champagne and mimosas.

Victoria - this was THE best trip report ever! I enjoyed it from beginning to end and was so sad to see it end. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. Your photos are outstanding.

I will now seek out your other reports.

I especially loved the photos of the RCCL ship while you were in port! Just terrific. :D

Victoria This really was the best trip report ever :)

We sailed Jan 12-19th Royal cruise.

My husband and I both read your thread (didn't realize we were both reading at the same time).

Our very first night we woke up at 5 AM (total cruise nerds we were so excited) and decided to get up and explore the ship.

As we did we both started pointing out some pictures that a lovely young lady had posted on CC (taken very early in the morning about the same time we were exploring), we laughed as we realized we had both been reading your thread.

As the cruise went on we thought of you as we saw an image that reminded us of your pictures and I loved the light/water show at the pool at sunset and your pictures certainly did it justice :)

Great trip report and truly it rather felt like you were with us on our cruise.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Victoria - I follow your blog and had no idea you had posted this TR here. I guess I have been a bad CC'er lately. I am going to go back and catch up. I am itching for another cruise, but it won't be this year. We are running the ToT 10-Miler this year! I'm crazy, right?

Victoria This really was the best trip report ever :)

We sailed Jan 12-19th Royal cruise.

My husband and I both read your thread (didn't realize we were both reading at the same time).

Our very first night we woke up at 5 AM (total cruise nerds we were so excited) and decided to get up and explore the ship.

As we did we both started pointing out some pictures that a lovely young lady had posted on CC (taken very early in the morning about the same time we were exploring), we laughed as we realized we had both been reading your thread.

As the cruise went on we thought of you as we saw an image that reminded us of your pictures and I loved the light/water show at the pool at sunset and your pictures certainly did it justice :)

Great trip report and truly it rather felt like you were with us on our cruise.:)

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Victoria - I follow your blog and had no idea you had posted this TR here. I guess I have been a bad CC'er lately. I am going to go back and catch up. I am itching for another cruise, but it won't be this year. We are running the ToT 10-Miler this year! I'm crazy, right?

Good luck in the ToT 10-Miler! Rachel and I have been itching to participate in a RunDisney event, but have yet to either register in time or find one to fit our schedules..... and we would need to do some hardcore training! One day!!

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck in the ToT 10-Miler! Rachel and I have been itching to participate in a RunDisney event, but have yet to either register in time or find one to fit our schedules..... and we would need to do some hardcore training! One day!!

You can actually do a runDisney event on your Fantasy cruise. You can participate in the Castaway Cay 5k, complete with Mickey Medal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with what Tricia just said! I'm reminded of Victoria and Rachel every time I see the Totino's Pizza commercial with the nervous young man being glared at by his date's father. The girl who comes down the stairs in the purple dress could be a third sister in this family :D:D

I think it's going to take a little more time until I book a Carnival cruise again. It just feels "icky" to me, still.

I guess everyone has their price :D :p

Looking forward to the rest of your Breeze Review :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Victoria,

We were on the same cruise! I don't remember seeing you but I was one of the others with a new D7100 slung around my neck. I brought my D600 flash along and had a little fun looking like one of the crew photogs taking candids.

Remember sail away from St. Maarten? Royal was delayed slightly, despite blasting out the Loveboat theme, to make way for RC Allure's departure. I took this photo from my balcony. 97072a9cb7c6bb1f4f113f3761d15ffe.jpg

Heading out on Royal again next month and looking forward to more photo-ops and cruise adventures.

Thanks for the excellent review of the Christmas cruise; makes me want to book another this year.

I'm very late to post here, but I have to say Victoria, you are an extremely talented photographer. Yours are some of the best photographs (I can't call them pics, pictures, etc,they are too good) I've ever seen anywhere!! You have an amazing eye for composition, as well as the technical knowledge to pull off such great photos. I am an amateur photographer just getting into the hobby. I was gifted an older Nikon D80, but it still takes good photos. I'm trying to learn how to get the most out of it.

Thanks for sharing your vacations with us through your eyes.

Hi Victoria,

We were on the same cruise! I don't remember seeing you but I was one of the others with a new D7100 slung around my neck. I brought my D600 flash along and had a little fun looking like one of the crew photogs taking candids.

Remember sail away from St. Maarten? Royal was delayed slightly, despite blasting out the Loveboat theme, to make way for RC Allure's departure. I took this photo from my balcony. 97072a9cb7c6bb1f4f113f3761d15ffe.jpg

Heading out on Royal again next month and looking forward to more photo-ops and cruise adventures.

Thanks for the excellent review of the Christmas cruise; makes me want to book another this year.

WoW !!! Great shot :-)

Hi Victoria,

Remember sail away from St. Maarten? Royal was delayed slightly, despite blasting out the Loveboat theme, to make way for RC Allure's departure. I took this photo from my balcony.

Hello! I do remember the sail away from St. Maarten because i was one of my all-time favorites. The Loveboat horn was amazing, and I spent a lot of time on deck waving to Allure.

I'm very late to post here, but I have to say Victoria, you are an extremely talented photographer. Yours are some of the best photographs (I can't call them pics, pictures, etc,they are too good) I've ever seen anywhere!! You have an amazing eye for composition, as well as the technical knowledge to pull off such great photos. I am an amateur photographer just getting into the hobby. I was gifted an older Nikon D80, but it still takes good photos. I'm trying to learn how to get the most out of it.

Thanks for sharing your vacations with us through your eyes.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words!

• 3 months later...

I am not sure I need to go on the royal I have just relived your holiday upside is I haven't gained any pounds!!,:)

Whatever you plan to do after your studies I am sure you would be a great journalist

Thanks for the very informative review

Ellie from across the pond

• 3 weeks later...