Best cruise company for Eastern Carribean Cruise - For Adults

dx052

I am looking at doing a cruise from Florida to Eastern Caribbean later this year and was wandering based on peoples experiences who they thought offered a good experience for adults. I was looking at Princess & Royal Caribbean at the moment as they have the itinerary that I am after. Celebrity would be my first choice but I cant seem to get the dates and the itinerary that I am after. I am flying from the UK so I would have to organize flights etc. I did prefer the Royal Caribbean website for booking the whole package but the Princess ship seemed more chilled as we not after cheesy bands every night although slightly more expensive. Any help would appreciated.

I am looking at doing a cruise from Florida to Eastern Caribbean later this year and was wandering based on peoples experiences who they thought offered a good experience for adults. I was looking at Princess & Royal Caribbean at the moment as they have the itinerary that I am after. Celebrity would be my first choice but I cant seem to get the dates and the itinerary that I am after. I am flying from the UK so I would have to organize flights etc. I did prefer the Royal Caribbean website for booking the whole package but the Princess ship seemed more chilled as we not after cheesy bands every night although slightly more expensive. Any help would appreciated.

Depending on the cruise (college spring break) it might be better to stay with Princess . It is more low keyed and as much into the weird pool contests (belly flop or hairy chest). Evening entertainment tends to be more subdued (quartets , pianist etc in the Atrium).

Thanks for your quick response. I have been looking at a few YouTube videos like you do, but you can't beat first hand experience.

Princess is a fine line. The ships are tastefully decorated. Food is good, although I am not a big foodie. Service has been excellent on our sailings. We are currently booked on the Royal 10 day next October. The reviews are mixed and I read them all. More positives then not. New ship with plenty of places to relax. :)

There are many threads about the Royal with reviews here on the Princess board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

I was on the Royal Princess this past summer, and it was amazing. I agree that the line tailors to a more adult crowd, and the activities on board were calmer. It's perfect if you are okay with lounging around/ do not need high energy activities every hour to be kept amused. For example there is a live quartet that plays around the ship, photography classes, partner dance lessons, and live music in all the bars at night. There were no belly flop contests or large deck parties as others have mentioned are popular on other lines.

I think it depends on what you are looking for. For my family (parents in their 50's, myself and my sister in our 20's), Princess was a great line. Going on a trip with my boyfriend and closest friends, we chose Royal Caribbean because we wanted activities and more of that party atmosphere.

We are going in November so it shouldn't be an issue. We have pretty much made up our minds nnow & are going with Princess. It was down to things like itinery, dates and what we were looking for, for a cruise. Things become more challenging when you have to travel across the pond to get to the ship. I am sure both are just as good but it just comes down to personal choice I suppose.

We are going in November so it shouldn't be an issue. We have pretty much made up our minds nnow & are going with Princess. It was down to things like itinery, dates and what we were looking for, for a cruise. Things become more challenging when you have to travel across the pond to get to the ship. I am sure both are just as good but it just comes down to personal choice I suppose.

Good choice! There are always LOTS of UK folks on Princess for Caribbean cruises. :)

LuLu

~~~~