Any recent reviews of Australia cruises?

A quick look at the Seabourn website shows that as usual, Odyssey will be operating Australia/New Zealand for the rest of this year at least. SB tend to only have a ship in that region during the southern hemisphere's spring/summer months and this year doesn't look any different to the norm. I'm sure you already know, but Odyssey is very similar to Sojourn.

I'm glad that you're considering Seabourn now. Having been on Seabourn and Silversea, and having read your comments about dress code, I think that the more relaxed dress code will suit you better on Seabourn.

and smoking policy was holding me back from booking on SB again.

I understand they ve changed both,correct?

Moved to Regent and Oceania,was considering SS but above was a concern for DH.

Can t find the cost of shore excursions listed,just descriptions?

Did you take one of these cruises?Anyone?;)

We are about to go on our first Seabourn cruise leaving 22 March on the Quest. Have had some pre-cruise information from SB and am concerned to read that smoking is still permitted in suites and on verandas.

We are about to go on our first Seabourn cruise leaving 22 March on the Quest. Have had some pre-cruise information from SB and am concerned to read that smoking is still permitted in suites and on verandas.

Could be the cruise docs haven't been updated?

REVISED SMOKING POLICY BEGINNING:

Seabourn Quest: March 22, 2014

For the comfort of all guests, most public areas on board, as well as guest suites are smoke-free. Cigarette smoking is permitted in the following areas:

ON ALL SEABOURN SHIPS:

Smoking of electronic cigarettes is permitted in guest suites. Smoking of water-pipes, glass-pipes or other smoking devices is not permitted on board.

ON SEABOURN ODYSSEY, SOJOURN & QUEST:

Inside smoking of cigarettes will be permitted in the port-side half of the Observation Bar on Deck 10 after 8 PM.

Outside smoking of cigarettes is permitted:

On the verandas of guest suites

On the starboard half of the Sky Bar on Deck 9 including the bar stools

On the starboard half of the open terrace aft of The Club on Deck 5

Outside smoking of cigarettes, pipes and cigars is permitted on the open terrace aft of Seabourn Square of Deck 7. This is the only area on board where pipe and cigar smoking is permitted.

Guests are asked to refrain from smoking pipes and cigars anywhere inside the ship, including in guest suites, on verandas and balconies. If you have any doubts about any area, please consult your onboard staff.

Any guest who smokes inside staterooms in violation of our policy will be charged a US$250 cleaning fee per day of violation.

It appears the only suites where the occupant is allowed to smoke are the CS and OW types on the little sisters.

Edited by baychilla

I agree.We have been very lucky on our past SB cruises.Smoking was not an issue.We just did a Paul Gaugin cruise and smoking was bad.You could smell smoke everywhere.We have decided not to take any cruises that allow smoking.

We were looking at the same cruise you are,thought the smoking issue was going to be resolved.I guess not.Sorry SB We think you have the best cruises.

Much as I'd like SB to completely eliminate smoking it has never really been an issue for me either, certainly not enough to stop me from booking. If it is that important an issue then people will have to look elsewhere, at least until the policy changes further.

how about any one commenting on any recent Australian cruises?

Will still have to make a decision on the smoking thing,but trying to find out about the cruise right now.Am comparing various ones, and the SB looks best as far as itinerary and dates,etc.Also,have $400 OBC.

Do like the formal optional, so that s a plus,too.;)