Your Favorite Carnival Breakfast Foods!

I prefer breakfast on my balcony! :)

Every morning I like to have a croissant with butter and guava jelly, along with smoked salmon (no bagel, although they sometimes put it on the tray even though I didn't ask for it) with cream cheese and capers, fresh fruit, tomato juice and coffee.

Love starting my day that way!

My husband prefers the buffet, so he usually goes up there.

Favorite is to run up to lido and get huevos rancheros and arepas from Blue Iguana Cantina. Then grab some watermelon salsa and take it to eat on the balcony. This is after we have had wake up coffee and croissant with guava jelly from room service.

Favorite in MDR is eggs Benedict with sauce on the side so it is hot.

OK, I was totally wrong. I did a search for the arepas, but that was not right. I happened upon the site below and picture #10 is the item I loved. I thought huevos rancheros had eggs, but this item does not look like it has eggs and I don't remember it having eggs. But if the title is correct, this is the item I thought was terrific!

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/02Sea1/index1.html

What you're talking about is the base they use for huevos rancheros. They fry two eggs and then put them on top of the tortilla that has been heated with meat, retried beans, onions, cheese and tomatoes. Sooooo good. I've tried making them at home and they are easy.

This is what I run up to get and then eat it on the balcony. And the arepas are really good too! It's been a filling breakfast that holds me on port days.

DH and I both love the cinnamon buns! I also love the honeydew melon! Here's my favorite breakfast!

387297_10151600442839721_1746200152_n.jpg

They are YUMMY!! DH really likes the small apple pastries that are usually on the tray right next to these too! ;) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

• 2 weeks later...

MDR = eggs benedict with hollendiase on the side (I add squirt of lemon)

bagel with smoked salmon , cream cheese onions and capers yum

Seaday brunch - awesome tomato soup - I really loved it

salmon eggs bene - again hollandiase on the side

Lido- the Blue Iquana for the breakfast burrito or the premade breakfast taco

(dislike - the powdered egg scrambled eggs on the lido haha)

I wish the Dream had the Blue Iguana, those things from there sound really good. I usually order Coffee, Danish and Fruit for the balcony first thing and then later in the morning go up to Lido and get croissants and fresh bacon with the guava/passionfruit juice.

Edited by Mysticks1

I Like the corned beef hash, eggs cooked sunnyside down, hard boiled eggs, the sliced cheeses. I stay lo carb for all the meals. The beans offered are kind of weird for a breakfast item. Bacon - no matter what line sucks!

Edited by elliair

The Baked Beans are sort of an English/Canadian thing. I have a friend who serves them with every brunch she hosts.

The sauce with the steak and eggs is a Bernaise sauce, and quite good.

lol I guess Canada forgot to tell me that I am supposed to be serving baked beans at breakfast/brunch!! HAHA At all the brunches and breakfasts I have ever been to in my entire life I have never heard of such a thing!!