Dining Venues on Quantum

Does anyone know of any of the dining options on Quantum?? I know of Michael's scheduled to be there but what about Park Cafe, Chops? Italian Restaurant- Portofino's vs. Giovannis Table ??? I don't know why they are waiting...does anyone have any input here??

Does anyone know of any of the dining options on Quantum?? I know of Michael's scheduled to be there but what about Park Cafe, Chops? Italian Restaurant- Portofino's vs. Giovannis Table ??? I don't know why they are waiting...does anyone have any input here??

They are really keeping us in suspense. Here's my guess:

Chops Grille (Steakhouse) - YES

Portofino (Italian) - NO

Johnny Rockets (American) - YES

150 Central Park (American) - NO

Michaels (American) - YES

Park Cafe (American) - YES

Izumi (Sushi) - NO

Solarium Bistro (American) YES

Giovanni's Table (Italian) - YES

Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse) - NO

Rita's Cantina (Mexican) - NO

Sabor (Modern Mexican) - YES

Seafood Shack (Seafood) - NO (but they might have some other seafood place)

Portofino (Italian) - NO

Izumi (Sushi) - NO

That's pretty much my thoughts at the moment. Only thing to add is the "food trucks" in Seaplex and I think Park Cafe will be in Two70 but with a different name.

I must say, the sheer amount of ship they've yet to disclose is astounding to me... she sets sail later this year, it's not like we're two years out anymore! I'm really, really surprised. Part of me is wondering whether we'll actaully get to the release of the second set of Quantum dates (beyond 4/15) before they reveal the dining options! :eek:

Who am I to second guess RCI, but I think this is poor planning... I think they should have done a full reveal when they opened bookings to generate the maximum excitement.

I must say, the sheer amount of ship they've yet to disclose is astounding to me... she sets sail later this year, it's not like we're two years out anymore! I'm really, really surprised. Part of me is wondering whether we'll actaully get to the release of the second set of Quantum dates (beyond 4/15) before they reveal the dining options! :eek:

Who am I to second guess RCI, but I think this is poor planning... I think they should have done a full reveal when they opened bookings to generate the maximum excitement.

You pointed out the key there. Making announcements around opening bookings creates excitement. They have the Anthem of the Seas bookings coming up in the next month or so. They could be holding these extra details back to help boost those. With Oasis/Allure they had a year between bookings and holding back would have pushed things too far, it's only about 6 months between these ships. You've also got Quantum's summer coming up which could use another boost.

Thanks everyone for the input. I too can't for life of me understand why the delay on revealing more aspects of Quantum. I think if they are not careful they may lose interest instead of gaining it. I am trying to plan cruise for summer of 15 and still nothing yet. I am hoping to hear something soon so I can begin planning. Seriously if they read our posts, please give us something and soon please. Thank you

I would not book a cruise on a ship as a matter of principle, if key features are still a secret.

Come on RCI, we are grown ups, it's time to share her secrets!;)

I don't think blackmailing RCL with your "principles" is going to change much. As has been more aptly stated, they will need announcements to sell the second and third ship in the class. Since the features are likely to be uniform, save for the production show, announcing them all at once would leave them with nothing left to talk about.

If the constant march upward of fares on our sailing next January are anything to go by, they're doing just fine.

Thanks everyone for the input. I too can't for life of me understand why the delay on revealing more aspects of Quantum. I think if they are not careful they may lose interest instead of gaining it. I am trying to plan cruise for summer of 15 and still nothing yet. I am hoping to hear something soon so I can begin planning. Seriously if they read our posts, please give us something and soon please. Thank you

I don't think losing interest will be a problem in filling the Quantum for a long time. The Explorer still sails at full capacity after many years in NJ. Prices on the Quantum continue to go up for cruises more than a year away.

I don't think losing interest will be a problem in filling the Quantum for a long time. The Explorer still sails at full capacity after many years in NJ. Prices on the Quantum continue to go up for cruises more than a year away.

Exactly. The fact that people are posting, pleading for details, means that interest has not diminished.

I would agree with your statement. I too am surprised that we don't know more. At this point during Oasis construction we knew all there was to know. We hardly know anything about Quantum, and Anthem comes out early next year, and we know virtually nothing about that ship either.

As I announced before michaels is a 100% for sure thing.

I would say there is no chance of solarium bistro being there as it's the worst performer on oasis as is planning to be scraped fur in the dry dock.

What is Michael's? I must be really out of the loop as I've never heard of this before.

Exactly. The fact that people are posting, pleading for details, means that interest has not diminished.

Ok well perhaps that is true but it is still irritating to me that we don't know a little more about this ship- I mean at least the dining venues would be a start. I would also like to know when summer 15 bookings will open no word on that either- I am just getting frustrated not knowing anything and you have to admit its been awhile since we last got something real concrete and meaningful to get excited about.

Ok well perhaps that is true but it is still irritating to me that we don't know a little more about this ship- I mean at least the dining venues would be a start. I would also like to know when summer 15 bookings will open no word on that either- I am just getting frustrated not knowing anything and you have to admit its been awhile since we last got something real concrete and meaningful to get excited about.

You and me both. I know at one point they were saying something along the lines of, 'no, we surely cannot reveal everything about the ship before the sales cycle, becuase other lines could then steal our new features!' As frustrating as that was it made perfect sense. Now, though, it's go time! No other line is going to steal and debut a new-to-Quantum feature in the next 10 months! :p

What is Michael's? I must be really out of the loop as I've never heard of this before.

There is an interesting thread UNV-IT!!! posted about Michael's further down on this page:

http:// http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953446

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

Just a friendly reminder that any questions regarding or discussion of removed posts and threads should not be posted on the boards.

Post removals are at the discretion of Cruise Critic Management and all decisions shall remain final. Please review our Community Guidelines for further information.

Thanks for your cooperation

Portofino (Italian) - NO

Izumi (Sushi) - NO

I would have to disagree with you on this one - just off GOS and had the pleasure of speaking with the executive chef for Izumi (the man from CA who's restaurants are the inspiration) who was on board tweaking the menus. They are moving forward with Izumi and are trying to broaden the appeal by adding what most people consider to be typical japanese fare (i.e. teppanyaki etc.). I think it will go over well - the hot rock cooking is cumbersome and not very flavorful (no spices available to use during cooking but sauces to dip in) IMHO. Our friends who were with us did the hot rock while DH and I just focused on sushi. It was incredibly good and fresh! They have a great selection of nigiri, sashimi and sushi and we loved it! They even offered a class in making sushi on our last sea day and it was great fun! I'm sure Izumi will be on Quantum, and I know where you will find DH and I;)

Just got off BoS end of last week. Talked to several RCCL employees in MDR, in Izumi, in Windjammer etc.. Here is a summary of the gossip I collected:

1. No MDR
    I would rate this higher than gossip as it got confirmed by multiple sources on BoS independently. There will be kind of a dine-around concept - similar to Disney - where you are assigned to a different restaurant. Which options, preferences one has, which food is served where - no answers, simply smiles on faces.
    This makes perfect sense to me and would be a logical step.
    But as I learned about other gossip (e.g. my gossip about a split structure on QoS being confirmed to me while being on Legend) ... gossip is gossip.
  2. Teppanjaki
    Talking to the chefs at Izumi they told us that there would have been called by a colleague if they would be interested to move to a Teppanjaki type restaurant on QoS, which they denied. So not being interested cut their info flow. They are not sure if an Izumi will be on QoS.

Best regards

;-)

Edited by ChristianDecker

Just got off BoS end of last week. Talked to several RCCL employees in MDR, in Izumi, in Windjammer etc.. Here is a summary of the gossip I collected:

1. No MDR
    I would rate this higher than gossip as it got confirmed by multiple sources on BoS independently. There will be kind of a dine-around concept - similar to Disney - where you are assigned to a different restaurant. Which options, preferences one has, which food is served where - no answers, simply smiles on faces.
    This makes perfect sense to me and would be a logical step.
    But as I learned about other gossip (e.g. my gossip about a split structure on QoS being confirmed to me while being on Legend) ... gossip is gossip.
  2. Teppanjaki
    Talking to the chefs at Izumi they told us that there would have been called by a colleague if they would be interested to move to a Teppanjaki type restaurant on QoS, which they denied. So not being interested cut their info flow. They are not sure if an Izumi will be on QoS.

Best regards

;-)

Lol at the no MDR. Never gonna happen. rccl isn't going to change one ship in the whole fleet to have no MDR.