JetBlue cancelling all NYC/Boston Flights as of 5pm

Well lots of us are flying out to PR for the jewel of the sea this friday jan 10th at 8am sure hope all is fixed by then this sure has me worried

from Newark NJ to San Juan

Another reason why this time of yr you go a day early. only saving grace is that jewel leaves at 8:30PM

Just got off a RCCL cruise in Tampa (Saturday) Our flight home was on Jet Blue, (To Westchester) our daughters on Jet Blue to Washington. To say that Jet Blue is having a "meltdown" would be an understatement. At LEAST 3/4 of all their flights out of Orlando were massively delayed or canceled, and one of the gate agents told me that it had been that bad since Thursday night. We were lucky. Our flight (6 pm departure) got out at midnight. My daughters (6:20 departure) was canceled at 3 AM. She was told there was no chance of a flight until Wednesday, so she rented a car and drove to Washington...

As a former airline pilot, I can say with certainty that Jet Blue has WAY bigger problems going on than the weather.

It's mostly weird all over. It's 20 now w/ wind chill of 13 and I'm in DALLAS. This morning when I walked the dogs it was a wind chill of 9. I've been here 10 years and this is the coldest, iciest, oddest winter ever and it's barely January. No wonder everyone is getting sick w/ upper respiratory junk out here.

Another reason why this time of yr you go a day early. only saving grace is that jewel leaves at 8:30PM

If they're flying Friday, they are going a day ahead.

Problem is that with all the flights cancellations, people are reporting that the next flights with available seats are up to a week from now, so going a day ahead may not help if your flight is cancelled.

Edited by wrp96

Just got off a RCCL cruise in Tampa (Saturday) Our flight home was on Jet Blue, (To Westchester) our daughters on Jet Blue to Washington. To say that Jet Blue is having a "meltdown" would be an understatement. At LEAST 3/4 of all their flights out of Orlando were massively delayed or canceled, and one of the gate agents told me that it had been that bad since Thursday night. We were lucky. Our flight (6 pm departure) got out at midnight. My daughters (6:20 departure) was canceled at 3 AM. She was told there was no chance of a flight until Wednesday, so she rented a car and drove to Washington...

As a former airline pilot, I can say with certainty that Jet Blue has WAY bigger problems going on than the weather.

I think the biggest problem is that JetBlue is unusually reliant on two hubs very close to each other (NYC and Boston) so when, as happened this past week, something disruptive impacts both, their entire network gets fouled up. I live in NYC and love JetBlue, but this is just the cost of doing business with them. Otherwise, I think they're an excellent airline... Nobody's perfect.