Mastercard Reward

Butterbean1000

I'm wondering if you are looking at the Barclay's Carnival branded card or the Barclay's Arrival card. They don't offer the same rewards.

The offer I took was found here:

http://www.barclaycardarrival.com/premium-travel/?campaignId=1729&od=bcarrival&cellNumber=24

I am still waiting for my card to arrive, so obviously I have not seen all the paperwork that will accompany it.

I have the arrival card.

I agree. I don't pay annual fees for my credit cards. Especially when I don't even carry a balance on them.

Totally agree..I'll stick with my Carnival card...it's served me well in the past with a totally free 8 day Panama Canal cruise (aft wrap cabin) including airfare..working on my second one with only about 50K points to go..this one will be a 15 day to Hawaii for our 50th anniversary in 2 yrs :D

Do you get the $400 credit as soon as you spend $1000 or do you have to wait the 90 days even if you spend that in first 30.

Also, can this be used to help pay for cruise or is it just a credit for OBC?

My cruise final payment is due in March and I was wondering if I could use it to pay on the cruise?

Do you get the $400 credit as soon as you spend $1000 or do you have to wait the 90 days even if you spend that in first 30.

Also, can this be used to help pay for cruise or is it just a credit for OBC?

My cruise final payment is due in March and I was wondering if I could use it to pay on the cruise?

The Arrival card can be used for any type of travel purchase. Airfare / car rental / cruise. Anything.

Does anyone know if the redemption amounts are the same for both Carnival MasterCard and the Arrival Card? At 100,000 on the Carnival card you actually can get $1500 off cruise price. Id this the same for the Arrival card?

I, for one, am not pleased with the Carnival Mastercard so far, and I've had it since August. There are several websites where you get extra points per dollar, but if you don't go through the Barclay Card website before making your purchase, you can forget about those extra points. I've called and emailed, they are not willing to do anything for me. I'm going to cash in my 20,000 points for $200 once I get there and then close the card out. An $89 annual fee isn't a bad deal when you get $400 off a cruise.

But, question: purchases, are they still only worth 1 point or are they worth more? Other than the sign on bonus for Arrive, what makes it better?

I, for one, am not pleased with the Carnival Mastercard so far, and I've had it since August. There are several websites where you get extra points per dollar, but if you don't go through the Barclay Card website before making your purchase, you can forget about those extra points. I've called and emailed, they are not willing to do anything for me. I'm going to cash in my 20,000 points for $200 once I get there and then close the card out. An $89 annual fee isn't a bad deal when you get $400 off a cruise.

But, question: purchases, are they still only worth 1 point or are they worth more? Other than the sign on bonus for Arrive, what makes it better?

Can anyone with the Arrival card answer?

It took me FOREVER to find this info, but the phone numbers for Barclaycard are:

Personal products and services

• Customer services1-302-255-8990

• Report lost or stolen cards1-302-255-8990

Write to or email us

Write to us

Barclays Bank

100 S. West Street

Wilmington, DE 19801

Delaware

United States

I called & it kept asking for a SSN, so I kept pressing “0” for customer service. Some lady in the Philippines answered eventually. As I don’t like giving my personal info to people overseas, I asked to speak to someone in the US.

A nice British man spoke to me. He said he was in Colorado. Barclays is a British company apparently. He gave me the following info:

1) After you spend the $1K within 90 days, the reward points (400) posts to your card. Interestingly, the points post to your card immediately upon a charge. Other cards, you must wait until the credit card bill is closed out for the month, but with this card, that is not the case.

2) You may ask to speak to someone in the US at any time during your phone call at the above phone number in Delaware.

3) If you apply by phone, their only way is through their “application number” in Delaware, which is always going to go through the Phillipines. If you would like, you can call this number in the US 1-866-408-4064, and see if you are pre-approved, then go on-line and apply here:

http://www.barclaycardarrival.com/premium-travel/?campaignId=1729&od=bcarrival&cellNumber=24

He suggested that I call the US Ph # in (3) above, get pre-approval, then once approved, apply on-line with my personal info. No sense giving them your personal info on line if you are not approved, I figured.

I, too, have a cruise in June that the final payment is due in March, and I also would like to pay using this card. I also found an interesting article which talks about this Barclay Arrival card:

http://creditcardforum.com/blog/barclaycard-arrival-world-mastercard-review/

Good luck & I hope you enjoy your cruise.

We have the Carnival Mastercard, and have been bumped up to the World Master Card after we held the card for just over 2 years. To us, the card is worth it, especially now as a World Mastercard. (my credit score is very good, which is what I understand to be the determining factor in getting bumped to the World).

I can redeem points for hotel stays and more now. They don't make any money off of me, we pay it off every month.

The other thing a lot of people do not realize is the rewards boost. My Sephora order will net us 5 points per dollar I spent, which makes the points accumulate faster. A lot of vendors are on the list, and I've begun checking now to see if the vendor participates in rewards boost - and if I can order online and wait for it or do an online order/in store pick up - I do it! (5 points per dollar is not the highest either - I've seen as high 15 points per dollar depending on the vendor).

The card works for us, we enjoy it, and we did our research. I would say it's more worth it now that it is a World Card. But given that this was one of my first credit cards, it's been good to me and I plan to keep it. You just have to learn to work the system.

I also cancel cards before the annual fee EXCEPT the Arrival card. It is the best card out there that I use as my everyday rewards card. When I am just going for the free money I will cancel but the Arrival pays for itself within two months for us. ESPECIALLY when using the Barclay travel blog site. I get a extra two to three thousand points a month by using that.

What is the Barclay travel blog site?

I agree. I don't pay annual fees for my credit cards. Especially when I don't even carry a balance on them.

We charge all of our expenses every month and then we pay the balance off so that we never carry a balance. The "credit" we get far outweighs the $89 annual fee.

We currently have the Carnival Master Card. If we apply for the Arrival card can we transfer the points we have in the Carnival card? Or just use them as Carnival and start over with the new card.

We use our card for all purchases and pay balance off every month. No interest; can't beat free stuff form the card!

We currently have the Carnival Master Card. If we apply for the Arrival card can we transfer the points we have in the Carnival card? Or just use them as Carnival and start over with the new card.

We use our card for all purchases and pay balance off every month. No interest; can't beat free stuff form the card!

No points will not transfer. When we got our Arrival card we spend enough to get the bonus 40,000 miles then went back to the CArnival card just until we added enough points until I could redeem it for 100.00 OBC. Then I chopped those worthless things up lol.

Does anyone know if the redemption amounts are the same for both Carnival MasterCard and the Arrival Card? At 100,000 on the Carnival card you actually can get $1500 off cruise price. Id this the same for the Arrival card?

No they are not the same at all. First the CArnival card only give 1 point per dollar spent. which is 1%. BUT if you redeem your points for 100.00 OBC you have to spend 12,500 points which makes the redemption rate go BELOW 1% which is just god awful for Credit Card rewards and anyone who uses it who can qualify for anything else is just throwing away free money.

The Arrival pays 2% on all purchases and can be used toward any travel expense NOT JUST CARNIVAL. It pays out the full 2% in credit statements, as well as REFUNDING 10% of the points you use. So if you spend 40,000 points for a 400.00 credit statement towards a cruise you buy, you would get 4,000 points refunded back to you.

They also still offer all the extra bonus points for buying through their marketplace just like the Carnival Card. And you can also make travel blogs that give you 200 bonus miles per blog you write.

So here the comparision. Say you spend 20,000.00 on your credit card every year.

Carnival Card would net you 20,000 points which would equal 200.00 off your next cruise.

Arrival Card would net 40,000 miles which would net you 400.00 off your cruise MINUS the 89.00 fee and your left with 310.00 off your cruise PLUS when you redeem said points your refunded 10% so you would get back 4,000 miles which equals another 40.00 in statement credit.

Total free money with Carnival Card = 200.00

Total free money with Arrival Card = 350.00

150 bucks more and all your doing is swiping a different color card. No brainer for most folk ;)

YUP, I owned both cards. I had the Carnival card because I fell for the NAME BRAND sucker card. Then after doing research I found I was wasting alot of free money. And then the bonus 40,000 miles offer came up with the Arrival and it was choppy choppy time with a certain Blue credit card.

Edited by cbell21219

No points will not transfer. When we got our Arrival card we spend enough to get the bonus 40,000 miles then went back to the CArnival card just until we added enough points until I could redeem it for 100.00 OBC. Then I chopped those worthless things up lol.

Exactly! We did the same thing!

Ok question for those of you with the arrival card. I think after reading all the terms etc that I have this correct but want to check. I could open the Arrival card now, use it for my sail and sign purchases on our upcoming cruise at the end of March, which will surely total over $1000. Then get my bonus $400 credit and apply that towards my balance. Is that correct?

My cruise is already fully paid, but I would think the on board expenses will count as travel expenses, correct?

Does anyone know if they charge you the $89 annual fee if you cancel the card before the end of the first year? If I end up really liking the card I may keep it, but already have an Am Ex that I really like the cash back on currently.

Thank you for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok question for those of you with the arrival card. I think after reading all the terms etc that I have this correct but want to check. I could open the Arrival card now, use it for my sail and sign purchases on our upcoming cruise at the end of March, which will surely total over $1000. Then get my bonus $400 credit and apply that towards my balance. Is that correct?

My cruise is already fully paid, but I would think the on board expenses will count as travel expenses, correct?

Does anyone know if they charge you the $89 annual fee if you cancel the card before the end of the first year? If I end up really liking the card I may keep it, but already have an Am Ex that I really like the cash back on currently.

Thank you for the help!

I was hoping they'd come back & answer your questions.

My understanding is that you'd have to accrue the $1000 within the 90 days. Your stmt comes and you pay it. After that, your 40,000 points appears, and you can use that 40,000 (or $400) as a credit on your next stmt, or you can ask for an actual check.

In answer to your question as far as the $89 fee ... No, you do not owe the fee as long as you cancel the card prior to your anniversary date.

I also use an AmEx but this does seem like a sweet deal.

Thank you for the help!

We just got the card a few months back. Our 40K bonus points showed up as soon as we charged the $1000. You can use the points for other charges but the exchange rate is not as good as it would be if you used it for travel. You redeem the points in both cases for statement credits.