Power Outage Carnival Inspiration

Immebsmom

Ok I think it is a power outage in the area (land). LA is big on air pollution controls and after an hour they fired up the engines and power came back on. Yeah!!! Appears this outage was NOT Carnivals fault!!!

Hmmm...

I don't think the ship gets any power from the port?

Edited by tele-cruiser

Yep, the Port of Los Angeles is one of the largest Green ports in the country. Most ships are plugged into shore.

Just another reason why cruises out of LA are more expensive than almost anywhere else in the country. We also require special fuel.

We also have noise control. Rare for a ship to blast it's horn in port.

There have been odd power outages throughout the DWP area that are not wind related. Last night parts of the San Fernando Valley were out.

Thanks!

I just learned a new thing.

The only cruise ships I have seen up close on a dock are in NOLA, where they do not have those strict California rules.

The LA area was bad even in the Pre-Spanish days. The local tribes called the LA basin "Valley of the Smokes".

Before the pollution controls you couldn't see the mountains less than a mile away for many continuous months of the year. These days we can't see the mountains once or twice a year. A HUGE improvement.

The LA area was bad even in the Pre-Spanish days. The local tribes called the LA basin "Valley of the Smokes".

Before the pollution controls you couldn't see the mountains less than a mile away for many continuous months of the year. These days we can't see the mountains once or twice a year. A HUGE improvement.

The twice a year would not be like the two Texas seasons would it. Winter Jan-Feb, Summer March-December?:eek::D;)