Summit and Classic beverage package(123go)

mcbutter

Most of the coffees and teas at Cafe Al Bacio are included. The only ones I recall that are not are the alcoholic ones.

I don't recall seeing anywhere else to order premium coffees although some have said you can order them in the main dining room.

Smoothies were included with Blu. Don't know if they come with package too.

Here's a complete, very detailed, review of the Summit and ports:

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/summit.html

Thank you for the reply! I found out about the smoothies. But, still don't know where else besides Al Bacio you can get "premium" or "specialty" coffee. Was beginning to think nobody looked at this post or knew the answer ...... maybe I should have titled it "Chair Hogs".:eek: :)

We are just back from the Summit this past weekend and I can provide you with all the answers you seek...

The specialty coffees can be ordered in the MDR. The assistant waiter runs to the Café al Bacio to get your coffee and bring it back to the MDR for you. The classic package will cover this, as well as the premium package (obviously).

I am not a big coffee fan, but found myself drinking 2 per day from

Café al Bacio. The Caramel Macchiato was heavenly and the one with the granola in was great as well. We always went there first in the morning and got them in a cup to go and then went to the MDR for breakfast (the waiters in the MDR already had a grudge against me for asking them for fresh squeezed OJ every morning - they had to go to the buffet upstairs to get it - so I cannot imagine asking them to leave to go to the Café al Bacio for my coffee as well. Now...after dinner, that was a different story. Our regular assistant waiter got used to the drill and happily got it daily even without our asking for it.

As for the smoothies...they are available on both beverage packages. You get them in the AquaSpa Cafe. It is located just behind the

thalassotherapy pool in the indoor swimming pool area. I tried one or two, but was not crazy for them. I had high hopes for them, but I was not big on the flax and protein powder texture in them. You can also use you beverage package for the healthy "sundaes" they have at the AquaSpa Cafe. They were quite good, but they all use plain yogurt. If they had only used vanilla yogurt instead, I would have had 3 or 4 of them per day. These are INCLUDED in BOTH beverage packages. Enjoy.

We are just back from the Summit this past weekend and I can provide you with all the answers you seek...

The specialty coffees can be ordered in the MDR. The assistant waiter runs to the Café al Bacio to get your coffee and bring it back to the MDR for you. The classic package will cover this, as well as the premium package (obviously).

Café al Bacio. The Caramel Macchiato was heavenly and the one with the granola in was great as well. We always went there first in the morning and got them in a cup to go and then went to the MDR for breakfast (the waiters in the MDR already had a grudge against me for asking them for fresh squeezed OJ every morning - they had to go to the buffet upstairs to get it - so I cannot imagine asking them to leave to go to the Café al Bacio for my coffee as well. Now...after dinner, that was a different story. Our regular assistant waiter got used to the drill and happily got it daily even without our asking for it.

As for the smoothies...they are available on both beverage packages. You get them in the AquaSpa Cafe. It is located just behind the

thalassotherapy pool in the indoor swimming pool area. I tried one or two, but was not crazy for them. I had high hopes for them, but I was not big on the flax and protein powder texture in them. You can also use you beverage package for the healthy "sundaes" they have at the AquaSpa Cafe. They were quite good, but they all use plain yogurt. If they had only used vanilla yogurt instead, I would have had 3 or 4 of them per day. These are INCLUDED in BOTH beverage packages. Enjoy.

Great to know! Thanks for posting! I'll be onboard in 3 weeks!

Will you be reviewing your recent trip on the Summit?

This sounds deliciously decadent. I can't wait for our February cruise on the Summit, first time with a beverage package. I especially like coffee with Baileys, but from reading some posts it seems that's complicated (specialty coffees not allowed on Classic). Is it necessary to order baileys separate and add to your coffee? Did you have any experience with ordering coffee with liqueur?

Thanks Russ,

Cheers

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app