Should I Expect Chair Hogs in Posh?

2boyzmom

Not at all. Your not far from the bar within Posh where the waiters/attendants stand.

Plus they limit the number of passes sold and NO KIDS ALLOWED so if parents try to bring them in they are told no kids allowed and they have to leave. You can only access by a key card.

Not at all. Your not far from the bar within Posh where the waiters/attendants stand.

Plus they limit the number of passes sold and NO KIDS ALLOWED so if parents try to bring them in they are told no kids allowed and they have to leave. You can only access by a key card.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping. Can the kids come in to check in with us?

Edited by 2boyzmom

Thank you. That's what I was hoping. Can the kids come in to check in with us?

They would need an access card to use the elevator to come up this elevator only goes to Posh area and the Havens, you find it on the pool deck area forward. So I.m not sure how that would work.

They would need an access card to use the elevator to come up this elevator only goes to Posh area and the Havens, you find it on the pool deck area forward. So I.m not sure how that would work.

We are in a suite and always respect the rules. I understand no kids but checking in every hour or two without staying should not be a big deal...

Why would you want to use Posh if your in a Haven.

I also believe rules are rules and it's one of the reasons we book Posh. I guess some of us are done raising kids and unfortunately most will say their kids are well behaved but many a cruises and many many many not well behaved kids.

I have seen kids pop in and say hello in Posh. I have also seen NCL enforce the "no kids" in posh.

Each time on Epic was different in Posh. One cruise there were chair hogs and the other time there weren't any. It all depends on when you sail. If you are sailing Easter week, I bet it will be crowded and the forecast calls for a decent chance of chair hogs ;)

Edited by david_sobe

We are in a suite and always respect the rules. I understand no kids but checking in every hour or two without staying should not be a big deal...

I'm assuming if your kids can run around the ship without your supervision that they are older and old enough to be handed one of your keys that would allow them to access the elevator. Then if there is an issue with whoever stops them from coming in, that person could then get your attention so that you could go to them and then they could check in with you.

Sorry never been in posh so I'm not sure of the system or access, but creativity can be wonderfully used in these situations.

Nobody on CC can tell you whether it should or shouldn't be a big deal, nobody on here makes the policies or enforces them. All they can do is give their experiences or in some cases their opinion.

And, I wouldn't normally pipe in a thread that is suite or posh because I know so little about both. But I do read them and couldn't help but notice that your initial post was quite pointed at wanting NCL to enforce their lounge chair rules but not enforce a rule that wouldn't work for you. Just my observation.

Edited by che5904

Why would you want to use Posh if your in a Haven.

I also believe rules are rules and it's one of the reasons we book Posh. I guess some of us are done raising kids and unfortunately most will say their kids are well behaved but many a cruises and many many many not well behaved kids.

Because unlike vibe on breakaway and getaway, posh is included with haven suites. I loved using posh. I had my kids with me but they didn't come upstairs to posh. Unfortunately there were chair hogs in posh the 2nd time I sailed which was a holiday week. Many older teens would take the double loungers and keep their stuff on it all day. It also made me wonder if they were over 18. My then 14 year old would have loved to lounge up there quietly but I follow the rules.

So I guess it depends on your sailing if you'll have chair hogs but if your kids go to posh, even to check in, you should leave with them if you need to chat or meet them elsewhere. It's just the rules.

I'm assuming if your kids can run around the ship without your supervision that they are older and old enough to be handed one of your keys that would allow them to access the elevator. Then if there is an issue with whoever stops them from coming in, that person could then get your attention so they could check in with you.

Sorry never been in posh so I'm not sure of the system or access, but creativity can be wonderfully used in these situations.

Nobody on CC can tell you whether it should or shouldn't be a big deal, nobody on here makes the policies or enforces them. All they can do is give their experiences or in some cases their opinion.

And, I wouldn't normally pipe in a thread that is suite or posh because I know so little about both. But I do read them and couldn't help but notice that your initial post was quite pointed at wanting NCL to enforce their lounge chair rules but not enforce a rule that wouldn't work for you. Just my observation.

CHE I'm telling like it is! If I pay for an area to avoid kids then they are just not allowed other than to check in but I've seen it time and time again people try to bring their kids in under the premise of just checking in and each time they stay longer, but eventually the parents are told.

Because unlike vibe on breakaway and getaway, posh is included with haven suites. I loved using posh. I had my kids with me but they didn't come upstairs to posh. Unfortunately there were chair hogs in posh the 2nd time I sailed which was a holiday week. Many older teens would take the double loungers and keep their stuff on it all day. It also made me wonder if they were over 18. My then 14 year old would have loved to lounge up there quietly but I follow the rules.

So I guess it depends on your sailing if you'll have chair hogs but if your kids go to posh, even to check in, you should leave with them if you need to chat or meet them elsewhere. It's just the rules.

There is nothing wrong with reminding the staff as I have done that no kids are allowed and then they do their job, yes there will always be some non confrontational staff as well as non confrontational pax.\

GEEZ! How I read this post guys is someone wants to enjoy POSH and asked about chairhogs. Simple question.

She knows this is an adults only area. She didn't ask if she could break any rules for her boys to hang out there. But as a responsible parent just wants to "touch base" with her boys. How could this upset anyone else?

Guess what? I have been on the Sun with the OP and I will tell you I have never met two more well behaved boys.

Wonder how many people on her who think it is ok to smuggle booze blow a gasket about a well-behaved young man being in POSH for two minutes just to check in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

GEEZ! How I read this post guys is someone wants to enjoy POSH and asked about chairhogs. Simple question.

She knows this is an adults only area. She didn't ask if she could break any rules for her boys to hang out there. But as a responsible parent just wants to "touch base" with her boys. How could this upset anyone else?

Guess what? I have been on the Sun with the OP and I will tell you I have never met two more well behaved boys.

Wonder how many people on her who think it is ok to smuggle booze blow a gasket about a well-behaved young man being in POSH for two minutes just to check in?

Good for you! Glad to hear! But I wasn't pointing my finger at anyone in particular. As I said in an earlier post most people think their kids are well behaved.

If you want to talk about smuggling booze then open another thread.

I'm done with this thread.

Good for you! Glad to hear! But I wasn't pointing my finger at anyone in particular. As I said in an earlier post most people think their kids are well behaved.

If you want to talk about smuggling booze then open another thread.

I'm done with this thread.

Nope, dont need to talk about booze smuggling because I do a bar setup and dont believe in smuggling. Just making a point. I wasn't directing at anyone in particular. Sorry if I offended.

Donna I think the point is people can't expect NCL to enforce rules in one spot but not enforce them when it isn't convenient to them personally.

The OP may have very fine young men, but everyone doesn't and if they allow them in then they can't stop others from doing so as well. Some may be 2 minutes, some may be 5 minutes to check in and some just may keep extending the time out.

As I stated to the OP, I'm sure there are creative ways to do it without breaking rules or upsetting any other POSH payers. BTW do suites not have the cordless telephones that the boys could use a house phone to check in with Mom? I thought I read somewhere they had them.

Edited by che5904

Thanks Donna- We are experienced cruises and know the rules. Frankly these people don't bother me. The boys will not be tackled upon entering I'm sure (at least not by NCL :) )

No big deal - the boys will just call us on the phone provided in the suite if it's that strict. It's so sad how people jump all over people with kids on these posts :(

Edited by 2boyzmom

Thanks Donna- We are experienced cruises and know the rules. Frankly these people don't bother me. The boys will not be tackled upon entering I'm sure (at least not by NCL :) )

No big deal - the boys will just call us on the phone provided in the suite if it's that strict. It's so sad how people jump all over people with kids on these posts :(

I hope you weren't offended by my post. As I said I don't have a dog in this fight since I don't travel in suites or get a posh pass. I was just trying to find a way for you to have the kids check in with you, without creating issues for you, the boys or anyone else.

And although your kids may be great and I do believe Donna is a fair in her impression of them. And they may just walk in and say "hi mom, just checking in and letting you know where we are off to". You do open a can of worms for others that may not have such good kids and leave it open for the crew to hear "well you let hers in".

Just an explanation to what my post was actually trying to say.

Your kids will definitely be able to come check in with you at Posh without any problems

Edited by david_sobe

I hope you weren't offended by my post. As I said I don't have a dog in this fight since I don't travel in suites or get a posh pass. I was just trying to find a way for you to have the kids check in with you, without creating issues for you, the boys or anyone else.

And although your kids may be great and I do believe Donna is a fair in her impression of them. And they may just walk in and say "hi mom, just checking in and letting you know where we are off to". You do open a can of worms for others that may not have such good kids and leave it open for the crew to hear "well you let hers in".

Just an explanation to what my post was actually trying to say.

I understand. I shouldn't even brought it up- this is our first time on a mega ship and the boys are 12 and 14 so this is their 1st taste of freedom on a ship this size which worries me a bit. We will work it out :)

Edited by 2boyzmom